Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 on PS4

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    Why do you want a US release so bad? I can't believe people still want this.

The game is over 3 years old. That means that it will be 3 years behind. It will also lack a lot of the JP content. In short why do you want a highly watered down version of the JP version?

If you played PSU on the US servers then you know exactly what I mean.

When I moved to the JP PSU servers it was like a whole new game. They had WAY more content than the US version.
    Because they know 0 japanese and want to hear Faina say the same line 50 million times in a language they know.
    That's the only reason I can think of.

I'm really hoping for a pso2 themed ps4. In which case I will wait on buying ps4/persona 5 until then.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Because they know 0 japanese and want to hear Faina say the same line 50 million times in a language they know.
    That's the only reason I can think of.
    rofl right? It still baffles me that people feel the english patches aren't enough to play the game.

hopefully they release pso2 in the west on pc and ps4 at the same time, so we could get cross platform play. Ps4 seems to be the best platform for cross play these days considering ffxiv and now rocket league.

I also hope sega uses this as that "we want to regain our fans trust by gaining their trust back and releasing more games even those that are typically imported" stop being pc elitist all the time.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Why do you want a US release so bad? I can't believe people still want this.
    You can't believe that us old-schoolers...people playing Phantasy Star since the sega Master System want this game in the US on console?

I've been a fan for nearly 30 years. I am not the only person who wants this.

This game could do great, if it properly translated and marketed. Diablo proves this, Destiny proves this, games like Path of Exile will likely jump to console as well based on its develeper comments.

For Sony, this could be their Monster Hunter killer since Monster Hunter went soley Nintendo. They even recently unveiled a single-player monsterhunterish game called Horizon. Microsoft unveiled a Monsterhunterish game called Scalebound.

Destiny/Diablo players would love this.

Personally, I still like PSO better than Monster Hunter and Diablo. I like Destiny nearly as much as PSO.

Borderlands shows that console players can eat this type of gameplay up.

There is absolutely nothing stupid about wanting this game to survive and stop being niche when it was a VERY poplular RPG series in the US all the way to Genesis era. It was still quite popular on Dreamcaste, Gamecube, and Xbox1.

There are tons of pso/monster hunter clones...many getting translated and brought west. They all suck compared to PSO though. (God Eater etc.)

Sci Fi rpgs are more popular than ever with Mass Effect etc. This game has a way better chance now than it did even 5 years ago. The Playstation is starting to have MMOs and Free MMOs as well.

Warframe players would dig this.

It's not as dumb as you lucky enough to play the Japanese version make it out to be. There are tons of folks like me, who have been fans of this series since the beginning who do not want to mess with translations and ip blocking etc. You seem to think this thing was always niche and that is definitely not the case. I love Diablo. I worship Diablo, but I know that in the long run...PSO always had more legs for me...even 100% offline. It has a rhytm a feel that none of these others can compare to.

Graphics being outdated does not matter to a PSO fan. The artstyle, gameplay, and music carry it far beyond the latest tech ever could!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky McMunky View Post
    hopefully they release pso2 in the west on pc and ps4 at the same time, so we could get cross platform play. Ps4 seems to be the best platform for cross play these days considering ffxiv and now rocket league.
    And yes, I would expect if they did it PC/PS4 crossplay. Sony is big on this with PS4. It's why I hope Sony gets involved. They are also big on crossbuy. You buy the vita version you get the PS4 version etc.

I would totally play it on PC if it ever came west. But now that I am hearing PS4, that would be by far my platform choice.

I was going to use your fan translations a few years ago but when I started looking into it Sega started the IP blocking of us folks and it just adds another layer of frustation from trying to play. I don't want to even mess with it now even if there is a workaround.

I'm going to be a bit off topic here
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    For Sony, this could be their Monster Hunter killer since Monster Hunter went soley Nintendo.
    No, just no. With MH dominating in its genre, it would be a long shot to call it the MH killer rather than a competitor. PSO2 on the PS4 or western (if it ever happens) have other competitors to deal with on the same console rather than with MH (solely on Nintendo handhelds).

They even recently unveiled a single-player monsterhunterish game called Horizon.
    Hunt-ish if you ask me because there's nothing monsterhunterish besides the obvious hunt target and gathering.

Why do you want a US release so bad? I can't believe people still want this..
    There's nothing wrong with people waiting for a US release, even if it's a watered down version of the JP version and/or has less content. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean not everyone does.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 17, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Hunt-ish if you ask me because there's nothing monsterhunterish besides the obvious hunt target and gathering.
    You hunt stuff. You gather resources. You make better weapons and armor from said resources. That is pretty Monsterhunterish if you ask me. Except that it has no multiplayer.

Yes Monster Hunter dominates, and it is really good. But I still prefer the more rpg grindyness of PSO. But yes, competitor is a good term. But I definitely feel PSO is better than games like God Eater, and all those portable hunterish instanced games.

You hunt stuff. You gather resources. You make better weapons and armor from said resources. That is pretty Monsterhunterish if you ask me. Except that it has no multiplayer.
    This is why I said hunt-ish because it's a basic formula a lot of games use, specially when it comes to the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    rofl right? It still baffles me that people feel the english patches aren't enough to play the game.
    Unfortunately, the English patches are NOT enough to play the game. Only about 25% of the game is translated. Hmmm, lets see...

Tutorials translated: nope (I understand, it's images, but still, people can't understand the tutorials and you elitists on this forum wonder why foreigners are so bad at this game)

Client Orders translated: Very small number of them, it would be nice to know what the hell they are saying.

NPC Dialogue: Nope (it would be nice to see what NPCs have to say about current events like what I hear they do talk about in Episode 3, not for sure in Episode 1 or 2)

Story: Only Episode One and Two (one cut scene isn't translated, chat bubbles in story quests untranslated, etc.), very tiny amount for Episode Three (the main reason I won't play episode three yet because I can't understand what the hell is going on, so I just read forums of other people talking about it; and almost no matterboard translations)

ARKS Road: Nope (Much better tutorial or guide for progressing through the game but it's also not translated)

Items: 90% (the only really thorough translation are the item names, not the descriptors, giving some people confusion on item functions)

Techniques and PAs:90% (same issue as items)

There are others, but the point is people want to understand the content now, not later. In addition, most people won't even bother to go to a forum to understand what is going on or attempt to go through hoops just to install the Japanese version (it is a pain in the ass, especially once you reach the captcha, people don't want to deal with that). Oh, and some people like to follow the rules as well since technically only people in Japan are only allowed to play the game per the EULA, thus a lot of people don't like the idea of having the Sword of Damocles hanging over their every action while playing just because they don't live in Japan. So for some people, yes, it is better for them to wait for an actual official Western release.

I'm one of the small majority where I don't really give a shit about a Western release at this point (as long as they don't ban foreign accounts just because a western release is suddenly announced, but more likely may happen), but I do understand that a lot of people do care and I understand their reasons why. Unlike the elitists here, I do try to practice something called EMPATHY. Maybe you guys could learn about it one day. Then again, more likely not.