Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 on PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    I heard about this but don't care.
    go back to spamming get hype and pestering new people for cards somewhere else

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I like how they haven't had a blurb about this on the front page here

Admins/mods/whomever alseep at the wheel like always :v

Default Nice

Well I'm all for it. It brings back memories of my PSU days. But I will NOT undergo the lack of content, and disregard SEGAC had for the US/EU game.
    Utterly Vile Indeed

What does this mean for the US? I know the PS4 is region free. Would it be better just to import the game if there's an English version?

I heard today that the Super Best Friends? podcast said SEGA officially announced they have absolutely no plans to bring PSO2 to North America.

However, they didn't seem to cite any sources, and I haven't seen anyone talk about it anywhere.
    So, take that as you will.

Edit: Did a quick search and found various articles echoing that the PS4 version will not be released outside of Japan.
    Seeing as how that was 3 days ago, I guess everybody already knows that by now.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I heard today that the Super Best Friends? podcast mentioned that SEGA officially announced that they have absolutely no plans to bring PSO2 to North America.
    That sounds like something they would joke about considering the lack of a western release has been a running gag for them since the game came out in japan.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Edit: Did a quick search and found various articles echoing that the PS4 version will not be released outside of Japan.
    Seeing as how that was 3 days ago, I guess everybody already knows that by now.
    Hah, nevermind then.

So, let's recap, shall we?

-PSO2 originally set to launch for PC and Playstation Vita (cross play capable) for both Japan and North American audiences.
    -PSO2 PC launches for Japan
    -2-3 years of it being "pushed back", Sega officials pull a Valve and say "PSO2 for NA will be ready when it's ready", pretty much putting it into devellopment hell
    -Sega JP tries to IP ban non-Japanese players from playing PSO2 JP, despite not having a NA version available.
    -Sega gets a new CEO and, as a way to bring Sega fans back, allows NA players to play the "SEA" version of PSO2.
    -Sega announces PSO2 JP gets a PS4 port, decides to leave the starved PSO2 NA fans out of the loop again.

To sum it up - F*** you, North America. Wanna play PSO2? Better come to Japan!

Or, to sum it up more simply - F*** you, Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFoxR View Post
    -Sega JP tries to IP ban non-Japanese players from playing PSO2 JP, despite not having a NA version available.
    -Sega gets a new CEO and, as a way to bring Sega fans back, allows NA players to play the "SEA" version of PSO2..
    things that never happened

This never happened.

It was a side-effect of the countermeasures they enacted to prevent the DDOS attacks from putting the servers down. The lack of access to the site was down to the ISPs being slow to respond. At least on my end, I've never had trouble getting access to the game servers, only the official site.

-Sega gets a new CEO and, as a way to bring Sega fans back, allows NA players to play the "SEA" version of PSO2.
    Wait, what? Is this some kind of revisionist history?

They never allowed NA players to play the SEA version. The IP block has always been there and has always been intended to be there. You can take this as tacit acceptance that the NA/EU players will continue to swarm the JP servers (ship 2 specifically) as they have been and they'd probably rather have that than the alternative of us being on the SEA servers.

Why? Don't ask me. That's on the SEA branch.

ah yes, the classic NA PSO2 pso-world posts