Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Default Theory: We've already seen the new planet for Episode 4

--- At the beginning of Episode 3.

Spoiler!

This is a planet that Xiao shows us being obliterated by [Double]. A closer look:

Spoiler!

A few things to note, right off the bat:

-This isn't some random-ass ass-planet. This planet has a very intricate design and is clearly not something designed to be thrown away after a single cutscene,
    -The planet appears to be extremely technologically advanced.
    -Sega felt the need to put resources into animating the destruction of this planet that they didn't even name.

Xiao's words on the matter:
    Spoiler!

From this, we can gather that, A) Xiao absorbed the planet once for some reason, and B) Even so, he felt it was necessary to create a COPY of it in order to preserve it, which strengthens the case that it's not just some throwaway planet.

A new enemy race has been datamined for a few months now. Internally, they are named 'phantom'. They are a mix of what appears to be humanoid enemies and mechanical enemies, some of which appear to be vehicles. This makes it sound as if the enemy race is a sentient race, with high technological capabilities. This perfectly fits the planet's design. In addition, the name 'Phantom' can be made to fit a planet where nothing is the real deal, where the entire planet is a copy.

If Xiao felt the world was worth saving once, he will probably feel that it is worth saving twice. Now that the threat of the Profound Darkness to the ARKS is eliminated, lower-priority tasks like that are perfectly acceptable. There are two ways we could be saving the planet. Either Xiao creates another copy, or we are sent back in time to save the planet from Double, which sets us up for more battles against toy Darkers and even Double.

---

The planet design makes me think that its areas will consist of Total Recall-style futuristic cityscapes, which sets it apart from Shiriona's feudal-style and Urban's surprisingly (relatively) modern-styled cityscape.

tl;dr: Episode 4: Total Recall.

Edit: Translation error. Double absorbed the planet and created a copy just so they could destroy it. In this context, we would be sent into Double's Inner Universe in order to rescue the planet.
    Last edited by Maenara; Oct 11, 2015 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Uh, that was a translation error. Double absorbed the planet and made a copy of it, which they then destroyed for giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Uh, that was a translation error. Double absorbed the planet and made a copy of it, which they then destroyed for giggles.
    Ah, makes more sense that way. Edited main post, but most points still stand.
    Last edited by Maenara; Oct 11, 2015 at 11:49 PM.

reported.

Right. Like how we have no idea whether they're actual phantoms or not. Or whether phantom in this context is the same as what summons are frequently referred to as. Or whether the planet is what's phantom-like, like how Harkotan enemies are referred to with Mono (as in monochrome), and in what way it's phantom-like, if it is.

There's simply not anywhere near enough evidence to make educated guesses here. It's not even really a theory so much as wild speculation, there's too little backing it.

If that's the case, may explain the pet ai that was found. May be the reason for a potential new class.

Inb4 that was actually Parum copypasta'd from PSU assets and recolored.

Right. Like how we have no idea whether they're actual phantoms or not. Or whether phantom in this context is the same as what summons are frequently referred to as.

There's simply not anywhere near enough evidence to make educated guesses here. It's not even really a theory so much as wild speculation, there's too little backing it.
    I forgot that there's a precedent for summoning helicopters, men, and dinosaur mechs which totally undermines the idea that they're actually helicopters, men, and dinosaur mechs.

I only made one sentence trying to explain the meaning of the word phantom, and then multiple trying to explain the actual TYPES of enemies that have been found. Out of everything in my post, that's what you chose to attack? Yeah, that particular connection is a loose one at best, it doesn't invalidate the rest.

reported.

You mean exactly what you just did? Oh, sorry, not exactly. Two sentences. I guess that makes it OK then.

You mean exactly what you just did? Oh, sorry, not exactly. Two sentences. I guess that makes it OK then.
    Yeah. Post length is the only measure of validity now.

You act like this would be the first time that Sega has hinted at something long before they implemented it. Persona was hinted at being the player for years before it was actually shown to be true, and there was way less evidence for that than there is for this.

reported.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Inb4 that was actually Parum copypasta'd from PSU assets and recolored.
    In some ways, I'd like to see the actual city parts populated or whatever but in most other ways... I mean we already have tunnels.

I would like a Train Rescue type map, I miss that.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-