Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast

Welp, going to need another update to AMT.

Just wait for next week's update. Its sort of useless to ask for an update on the current PSO2 Client when there's another pending update waiting already (2.5GB Update).

P.S.
    Would be nice if the author would at least show us an actual video on how he make the necessary changes to get AMT working on the updated pso2.exe again.
    [SHIP09 - Hagall] キャメロット - セイバー (Saber) || ダージリン (Darjeeling) || ミュセル・フォアラン (Myucel Foaran).

==============
    ARKS INSIDER Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arksinsider/

Quote Originally Posted by chikko1988 View Post
    Just wait for next week's update. Its sort of useless to ask for an update on the current PSO2 Client when there's another pending update waiting already (2.5GB Update).

P.S.
    Would be nice if the author would at least show us an actual video on how he make the necessary changes to get AMT working on the updated pso2.exe again.
    I second this since I tried it and it still didnt work _(:3

Just letting everyone know that he updated it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DeificEpyon View Post
    Just letting everyone know that he updated it again.
    Aw yiis Ty~

This is why that late update wasn't really necessary - cause here we go again. Not compatible with this week's major update.
    [SHIP09 - Hagall] キャメロット - セイバー (Saber) || ダージリン (Darjeeling) || ミュセル・フォアラン (Myucel Foaran).

==============
    ARKS INSIDER Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arksinsider/

It seems like it should be possible for the application to search for the correct address(es) automatically rather than having to update the application with each patch. Unless I'm mistaken about how the application works.

Holy shit. Knowledgeable JP friend just told me the reason why characters disappear at close range is because Konami had a patent on 3d game camera.
    If they didn't have the character vanish, it'd violate Konami's patent. That patent was valid up until May this year. 20 years of bullshit.

http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/article...6/news167.html

Jesus. That's messed up. I had no idea.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 11, 2016 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Holy shit. Knowledgeable JP friend just told me the reason why characters disappear at close range is because Konami had a patent on 3d game camera.
    If they didn't have the character vanish, it'd violate Konami's patent. That patent was valid up until May this year. 20 years of bullshit.

http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/article...6/news167.html

Jesus. That's messed up. I had no idea.
    Konami camera is something that allows you to see your character near a wall by moving the camera "into" the wall, so you can fight in a corner instead of getting raped by a boss.

It has nothing to do with making characters disappear next to the camera.

Google Translate says:
    "patent to display the range of appearance and visibility of the player character on the monitor regardless of the presence of walls and floors that separates this game space"

That sure sounds like it has something to do with characters disappearing.
    It's normal for people to have to make strange workarounds to get around vague patents.

Edit:
    Actually, I see what you mean, now. It's not related to characters disappearing from just camera zoom-in.
    It's related to camera becoming close to a character because of walls. Though I don't know if that's not still connected in some way.
    Sorry, I'm half asleep. I guess I probably misinterpreted the whole thing. They did mention the walls, but I thought it applied in both cases.
    We were talking about how devs have other weird problems to deal with that players probably don't know about.

I think I'd better get some rest soon.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 11, 2016 at 03:47 PM.