Threaded View

Default Persistent & Predictable Error 630s w/LF & Story patches installed via Tweaker

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I've been having issues with curiously-predictable Error 630 problems, and I don't think they're related to my connection. I'll explain.

Prior to Sega's PSO2 patch on Aug. 26th, all patches (English, Large Files, Story, and Item translation) worked fine.

After the patch, however, I uninstalled the existing patches, and waited for them to be listed as "Compatible" in the Tweaker before reinstalling them.

This is the important part to remember: with no patches and a vanilla JP PSO2 installation, I had no issues whatsoever.

Once all three major patches were green-lit as compatible, I re-installed them via the tweaker. Immediately, I noticed that every time I attempted to enter the game after selecting a character, I'd lag horribly or outright 630 when loading into the Gate area.

Suspicious that the patches were the issue (since they were the only thing that had changed) I uninstalled them all. The 630 issue continued.

So I reinstalled PSO2 entirely. This time I installed only the base English patch. With a clean install and just the English patch, everything was fine.

Wondering if the matter was a fluke, I reinstalled the Large Files and English Patches once again. I began to recieve the 630 issue once more when entering the game after choosing a character.

I then uninstalled all the translation patches, and used the Check for Old/Missing Files option in the Tweaker. I stopped recieving the 630 issue.

So, to recap, and for those who TL;DRed at the sight of this post...

Clean Install: No issues
    Clean Install w/English Patch Only: No Issues
    Clean Install w/English Patch and any combination of Large Files or Story Patch: Error 630
    Dirty Install after uninstalling all Translation Patches: Error 630

Hopefully this is thorough enough of an explanation. Anyone know just what's going on here?
    Last edited by Nerva; Sep 1, 2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: More info