Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Here are my outfits and poses from the three theme rounds:

Andrea (Back to School Round): I pretty much decided to go literal with this round.
    Spoiler!

Erin (Goth/Punk Round): Went for a Goth artist look. The coffin is her art box.
    Spoiler!

Kayla (Violence Round): I derped in terms of ideas, so I went with a RWBY cosplay.
    Spoiler!

This was super fun to be a part of. Though, it's a shame there was no swimsuit round.

Rip my internet connection, missed most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pso2 Pixie Stix View Post
    https://youtu.be/OFJPyGURgU0
    The video isn't fuly processed as of this moment, but that's the link.
    YouTube should be done with it in like, an hour from now, processing on a 50 minute video is kinda sl;ow ;
    Thanks to everyone!!
    x-posted mispost
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

The youtube link was taken down due to it being to long. Please wait till it gets editted to smaller parts

Yea, it was too long for youtube, so i'll need to spend more time breaking it down, sorry guys =_=
    it'l be up tomroow

Quote Originally Posted by Pso2 Pixie Stix View Post
    see you at the next event
    I was going to keep quiet until you stated that. Now that you intend to hold another event in the future, I would like to share my experience in this contest for people to know about. A bit of a warning: This will be long.

Spoiler!

tl;dr: If you intend to enter any of the OP's future contests, absolutely make sure you know all of the rules and criteria and that he/she won't change or add anything. Don't have your time wasted like I have had.

I would also like to thank the person who provided me a copy of their log very much. They know who they are.
    Last edited by JC200X; Sep 22, 2015 at 02:21 AM.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

The own organizators recognized so much things went wrong, its the first event they host, and it took looong (3,5 hours), so there's room for improvement. Yes, I recognize information could have been better managed, but the comments about it being rigged are plain false, 2 judges were from their own team (one in Vita) and two others were people who posted here offering themselves to be judges, it would provably been more fair if more judges had joined, after all judging was not the part that took more time, and it's just a matter of votes. The final round, well... it was so late, and they finished it quickly, and openly, I'm sure they checked on all the participants fairly.

The first round went wrong not only to you, but that's only 3 of the 9 finalists, others had their chance at second or third round.

I'll add, some contestants also came late, and others disappeared without saying a thing while the others were waiting.
    Last edited by landman; Sep 22, 2015 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    I was going to keep quiet until you stated that. Now that you intend to hold another event in the future, I would like to share my experience in this contest for people to know about. A bit of a warning: This will be long.

Spoiler!

tl;dr: If you intend to enter any of the OP's future contests, absolutely make sure you know all of the rules and criteria and that he/she won't change or add anything. Don't have your time wasted like I have had.

I would also like to thank the person who provided me a copy of their log very much. They know who they are.
    Well i was as spectator for a short while, and personally i think it was more of a matter of improvisation rather than bias or the contest being rigged. Probably with a test run a few days earlier things would have been smoother, so i guess the next contest should run smoother and things should be more clear.

I am in no way affiliated with the organizers outside of being one of the guest judges, but so as to avoid issues of legitimacy (as well as any resulting heated discussions as a result of this) I'll try to tackle each of the things questioned to the best of my knowledge whilst cross referencing chatlogs from that day. (Will be blocking out names for privacy concerns)

First, the teleporter issue.
    One of the judges is playing on a Vita; hence the need to send the extra people out so as to allow contestants to load properly as there was a limit on how many models Vita could load before getting gray people.

Spoiler!

Also, judges deliberations were taking place within the room aswell. I suggested partying up so as to keep deliberations private, but had 5 people as judges (3 guest judges + 2 judges from host team IIRC) so partying up wasn't an option.

Second, the rule regarding /la modelwalk.
    Earlier that day, during the designated time for rehearsals (which in turn, was roughly an hour before the contest start) there was a discussion about what LAs were allowed and modelwalk was mentioned as one of them.
    Hence some people got the memo and some weren't, since most people came in at around 8:30 EST just as the contest was about to start.

Spoiler!

Third, the theme issue.
    To be frank, I was very concerned aswell with the introduction of themes when they said there were themes just before the contest was about to start. The organizer has admitted this to be a last minute addition based on a guildie's suggestion and didn't want them in originally.

Spoiler!

I was also concerned with the fact that while themes can 'breed creativity', they also 'limit options' so to speak since not that many characters could nail 'back to school' as well as others based on their body built, face etc. as well as not having the budget to dress up their characters as well as others.
    However, despite the above, I believe it was added because it makes judging a bit consistent (and easier) across five people, especially since there wasn't a set guideline or rubric for judging entries.

IMO, this whole theme issue could have been avoided if
    1. There was a set guideline for scoring points
    -or -
    2. Themes were announced prior to the start of the contest.

Last, Conflicting judge-contestant adherence to theme Issues
    As for the concern that judges were told to judge based on theme, while competitors were told that themes did not matter, I had checked my chat logs on that day for both characters (one outside with the contestants and the other inside the room with the judges) on two computers and can confirm that there wasn't any discrepancy in what the organizer told the judges and what they had told the contestants.

Please do take note of the timestamps on all three events

Character outside:
    Spoiler!

Character inside:
    Spoiler!

Later, after there was a competitor (Thalia) who withdrew, organizer told judges this:
    Spoiler!

-----

This contest had a lot of improvisations and technical errors along during its run.
    The organizers have admitted themselves that there was definitely room for improvement.
    But please note that this the first time (and hopefully, not the last) that they had hosted an event as ambitious as this. Even professional tournaments and events have their own kinks and hitches the first time around.

I hope this clears up any air of illegitimacy, since it's a shame for such a fun event to discontinue (and bad blood to arise) just because of a few technical errors, mishaps and hardware limitations on the organizer's part as well as some finger pointing of the whole thing being rigged on account of this.
    I can also upload 2 sets of logs for that day, unedited (2 on each character logged in); however this will take time as I will have to ask all people involved in the event for their permission, since there are people who prefer their identities hidden and it is best to respect that privacy (only names I didn't blot out were organizer's and my own character's; player ID left untouched to ensure validity as well as cross reference statements across 4 separate logs since you can't search playerIDs anyway, to the best of my knowledge)

Phew that was long; can't believe that took me 2 hours
    Last edited by Nyansan; Sep 22, 2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

I think the inclusion of themes was a good idea, as I felt it upped the ante and forced us to think outside of the box, but the implementation was a bit flawed; I think a good way to do it is to present the contestants with a pool of possible themes so they can prepare beforehand, and then only pick a certain number from the pool (ex. have 6 possible themes, but only use 3 of theme in the actual competition).
    In my thinking, "back-to-school" as a theme actually had some wiggle-room to work with beyond just uniforms: Teachers, coaches, cafeteria workers, track suits, apparel appropriate for a club (swimsuits for the swim club, Oil Brink for shop class, etc), etc. Sure I went with the standard, but had I had more time to prepare, I probably could have come up with something a bit more creative.