Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    My biggest problem with it was sudden changes of rules. Suddenly including themes and suddenly allowing a non-pose LA. But that's also something that will hopefully be taken into consideration for the future. I think they'll take the feedback from this first time seriously. Next time sounds like fun since most of the kinks will hopefully have been worked out.
    This was just about my only lingering gripe. Technical difficulties do happen and I didn't mind waiting for them to be ironed out. I also didn't mind the model walk LA being allowed after finding out about it and it's only natural there would be a waiting area for the contestants while the next room would be used as a staging area for everyone to strut their stuff. The inclusion of themes was a major curveball to me and I wasn't prepared for it at all.

As you have stated, the OP should be more transparent about what the rules/criteria are going to take place the next time around. If this was the sort of contest where the themes were posted ahead of time to give people ample time to think it over or if the rule of people have to come up with an outfit within a limited amount of time after a theme announcement for each round at the event was posted, this contest would have been fine.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

I agree with everyone's sentiments regarding the introduction of a new criteria not originally stated in OP's post. Even as a judge, the introduction of a new rule really threw a wrench (so to speak) in what I had planned as a rubric for judging that was applicable to all characters regardless of build or gender. I kid you not, I had to research 'judging a fashion contest' for guidelines on scoring for 2 days inbetween study breaks.

Also, for the next contest I think the organizers should inform both judges and contestants alike about the criterion for judging. While the judging process was transparent in which the top 3 for each round was shouted out in public chat, I'd like atleast to see something akin to a scoring system in order rather than a 'pick your top 3' scheme, which can be a bit confusing at times.
    I believe this would be fair to the contestants and easier for the judges to break up ties, since most of the deliberations took a lengthy amount of time to complete due to people having different people in mind for 3rd place in each of their top 3 >_<

I'd also like to see the implementation of a 'contestant tag/contestant #' in every contestant's status. Judging was also made difficult because people swapped characters a lot, and some of the judges were confused with the inclusion of a 'new person', when infact the person inquestion had switched characters.
    While it can be argued that you can check playerIDs to match, I am considering the fact that not everyone is premium and there are people who switch accounts for a new character.
    Another reason was the issue of people leaving without prior notification to the organizers, as well as people who came late/were not called for a round. Having contestants tagged would make it easier to know who got called and who wasn't, and make the whole thing smoother since contestants can just queue up according to contestant number.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Yep, that's a good idea, having a list, and numbering contestants (because multiple accounts), and typing that number in your status and whatever else (for example, if there are multiple themes, the theme you chose).

Sorry everyone, this is ovsiously the first time we did wanythign like this, so lots of things got messed up x.x
    all in all it was fun, and we learned alot , so using all of this as a step towards getting things right ext time lol ":3
    an the issues didnt stop there, as i couldnt een uplaod the video i made , so i had to make another youtube channel, heres te video, sorry for all the delays x.x
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTZ...EfLsWYaLixPuew <- channel link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AQoOk2uRuQ <- fashion contest

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    I agree with everyone's sentiments regarding the introduction of a new criteria not originally stated in OP's post. Even as a judge, the introduction of a new rule really threw a wrench (so to speak) in what I had planned as a rubric for judging that was applicable to all characters regardless of build or gender. I kid you not, I had to research 'judging a fashion contest' for guidelines on scoring for 2 days inbetween study breaks.

Also, for the next contest I think the organizers should inform both judges and contestants alike about the criterion for judging. While the judging process was transparent in which the top 3 for each round was shouted out in public chat, I'd like atleast to see something akin to a scoring system in order rather than a 'pick your top 3' scheme, which can be a bit confusing at times.
    I believe this would be fair to the contestants and easier for the judges to break up ties, since most of the deliberations took a lengthy amount of time to complete due to people having different people in mind for 3rd place in each of their top 3 >_<

I'd also like to see the implementation of a 'contestant tag/contestant #' in every contestant's status. Judging was also made difficult because people swapped characters a lot, and some of the judges were confused with the inclusion of a 'new person', when infact the person inquestion had switched characters.
    While it can be argued that you can check playerIDs to match, I am considering the fact that not everyone is premium and there are people who switch accounts for a new character.
    Another reason was the issue of people leaving without prior notification to the organizers, as well as people who came late/were not called for a round. Having contestants tagged would make it easier to know who got called and who wasn't, and make the whole thing smoother since contestants can just queue up according to contestant number.
    The reason we added any themes at last minute bc ppl didn't knwo what they were supposed to wear, it was another team member that suggestd this, and the early arrivals to the event were ok with this, sorry for the sudden changeup liek that .
    All in all it was much more hectic than i had thogught, techincal issues not withstanding either.
    And it was kinda apprent when we gave final round as :anythign goes" alot of ppl didnt knwo what to do , which resulted in much longer wait... themes shouldve been there from the start, was just hard to guage a few things, liek contestant # , room for ppl, and the rounds and how judging would work. Not the best effort, sorry.. but as i posted before, gonna use all these as stepping stones to getting things proper on next one (and there WILL be a next one!)
    We may also hold other types of events, this fashion idea was just a spitballed idea i c=kinda ran with x3
    Im opne to constructive criticsim, but please. no need to be rude, i was just tryinn to do somehting nice for ppl lol!
    with that being said, sorry to those thatdidnt want to deal with "themes" i did state they were optional, and just meant as a push in a direction for you to dress acrdingly.. theme is up to interpretation, and theres no :wrong: way to dress for them. But i digress, sory for last minute changes, and sorry for the confusion.
    Aklso sorry for youtube! lol. had ot make a brand new channel jut to get the vid uploaded... spent quite a deal of time editing it too, so hopefully.. it came out ok ><
    Im also nto a profssional editor lol :3 Learnign alot as i do things, so these evets and whatnot are all being used for me to imporve, and also for some light-hearted fun forthe ship , nexr event will hjave
    1) more planning
    2)more planing
    3) (more planning)
    4)lol. you get the idea.
    Thanks to everyoen for being so patient!

because they're aren't that many american's who would like to play a waifu simulator.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pso2 Pixie Stix View Post
    The reason we added any themes at last minute bc ppl didn't knwo what they were supposed to wear, it was another team member that suggestd this, and the early arrivals to the event were ok with this, sorry for the sudden changeup liek that .
    All in all it was much more hectic than i had thogught, techincal issues not withstanding either.
    And it was kinda apprent when we gave final round as :anythign goes" alot of ppl didnt knwo what to do , which resulted in much longer wait... themes shouldve been there from the start, was just hard to guage a few things, liek contestant # , room for ppl, and the rounds and how judging would work. Not the best effort, sorry.. but as i posted before, gonna use all these as stepping stones to getting things proper on next one (and there WILL be a next one!)
    We may also hold other types of events, this fashion idea was just a spitballed idea i c=kinda ran with x3
    Im opne to constructive criticsim, but please. no need to be rude, i was just tryinn to do somehting nice for ppl lol!
    with that being said, sorry to those thatdidnt want to deal with "themes" i did state they were optional, and just meant as a push in a direction for you to dress acrdingly.. theme is up to interpretation, and theres no :wrong: way to dress for them. But i digress, sory for last minute changes, and sorry for the confusion.
    Aklso sorry for youtube! lol. had ot make a brand new channel jut to get the vid uploaded... spent quite a deal of time editing it too, so hopefully.. it came out ok ><
    Im also nto a profssional editor lol :3 Learnign alot as i do things, so these evets and whatnot are all being used for me to imporve, and also for some light-hearted fun forthe ship , nexr event will hjave
    1) more planning
    2)more planing
    3) (more planning)
    4)lol. you get the idea.
    Thanks to everyoen for being so patient!
    Themes are ok, I think what everyone is upset about is the last minute change/addition of rules. But we see that you guys are willing to learn from this and hope for the next events to be as successful as the first one.

Also, given that you've stated multiple times that you aren't that good in using the forums I am not sure whether the comment
    applies only to me (since that's what you quoted XD) or to everyone/anyone who may have commented so far, but while I try to be as objective as possible I may have slipped in a few words that came out wrongly on your end which unintentionally sounded rude (given the nature of constructive criticism) and thus I feel an apology should be in order. Sorry.
    Last edited by Nyansan; Sep 24, 2015 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Arredoval, im having trouble getting in contact with you to give you your 2nd place prize >< otp issus havemade it a nightmare to even login , >< just hit me up when you can hopefully you check this forum post (ive also messaged you, hoping one of them catches yuor eye )

Themes are ok, I think what everyone is upset about is the last minute change/addition of rules. But we see that you guys are willing to learn from this and hope for the next events to be as successful as the first one.

Also, given that you've stated multiple times that you aren't that good in using the forums I am not sure whether the comment

applies only to me (since that's what you quoted XD) or to everyone/anyone who may have commented so far, but while I try to be as objective as possible I may have slipped in a few words that came out wrongly on your end which unintentionally sounded rude (given the nature of constructive criticism) and thus I feel an apology should be in order. Sorry.
    Oh i didnt mean anyoen was being rude to me! i was just saying, please, let us ( or more accurately, let me knwo) what we did wrong, and right, so that stuff can be applied to future events Some ppl get a il nasty abotu constucticce cristiscism, so i added that line to fend off anyoen that was gonna be nasty abiout it lol xD

What went wrong? It's been said a number of times by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    During the first round, I was notified by one of the spectators on Skype that the model walk LA is now allowed.
    To be frank, I was very concerned aswell with the introduction of themes when they said there were themes just before the contest was about to start. The organizer has admitted this to be a last minute addition based on a guildie's suggestion and didn't want them in originally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    My biggest problem with it was sudden changes of rules. Suddenly including themes and suddenly allowing a non-pose LA.
    Themes are ok, I think what everyone is upset about is the last minute change/addition of rules.
    Just don't do any last minute rule changes and/or additions in your future contests. Even if the theme rule was optional, they are a very large part of fashion contests. It'd be pretty risky not to follow the rule, optional or not.

Also, I don't know why Nyansan is apologizing. He/she didn't seem to be rude at all nor does anyone else. If anyone was being rude, it was me. I still stand by it, mainly to emphasize my point.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60