Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I'm just going to stop bothering to tell people to use the Quick Questions Thread... *sigh*
    If people stop answering the questions when such a thread is made, and just link to the Quick Questions Thread, then maybe the new threads will stop, eventually... Maybe... (But I still doubt it... LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I said over a year ago and I'll say it again, a one stop topic for questions is a bad idea. A forum is suppose to have posts, that's the entire idea behind the concept. What's worst, it makes people who are looking to search to see if their question have been posted in the past practically impossible.

Doing a search for keywords in a post and getting good results is hard enough, imagine in a never ending topic. If we could search by topic title, it would help, but we can't because we have no topic titles. How many times do you think the same questions were asked in the Quick Question Topic? If you want to make an FAQ, make an FAQ cause the Quick Question Topic sure is not one.
    To be fair, the majority of the time, the people that make these threads to ask a simple question won't bother to actually do a little research. If they did do a little searching around, then they would probably know of the Quick Questions Thread. Also would explain why there's bound to be a thread during each week's maintenance period asking why the servers are down.
    So having an easier time searching for said question won't stop people from just making a new thread to ask...

Then there are those cases where people search for a topic, find a really old thread with out-dated information, and think it's still good information. In those cases, they would have been just better off asking in the Quick Questions Thread. And to make it worse, sometimes they bump that thread for others to see outdated information...
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Sep 9, 2015 at 05:17 AM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

ir prevents noobs from trolling the forums.

not much tho.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    To be fair, the majority of the time, the people that make these threads to ask a simple question won't bother to actually do a little research. If they did do a little searching around, then they would probably know of the Quick Questions Thread. Also would explain why there's bound to be a thread during each week's maintenance period asking why the servers are down.
    So having an easier time searching for said question won't stop people from just making a new thread to ask...

Then there are those cases where people search for a topic, find a really old thread with out-dated information, and think it's still good information. In those cases, they would have been just better off asking in the Quick Questions Thread. And to make it worse, sometimes they bump that thread for others to see outdated information...
    To be fair for newcomers, what are their tools to do a search? A never ending Quick Question topic which is hard to search in, an outdated Cirnopedia or a Japanese Wiki? Non of these are very friendly tools for newcomers.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    A forum is suppose to have posts, that's the entire idea behind the concept.
    I think I agree. The PSO2 kinda stagnates past a couple of topics. It would be nice to see more created, but there seems to be an attitude here that new topics are a bad thing.
    Creating a new topic also creates more opportunity for discussion, which is lost on the questions thread.

"Discussion" more often than not seems to read as "industrial scale salt mining" 'round these parts though... :v

That is, unfortunately, a good point. By page ten we're either at each other's throats or talking about the newest episode of Sherlock.

Eh. Discussions wander naturally off-topic if people find something more interesting (or at least entertaining).

Also a good point. I've never understood why topics have been closed for being off topic, when there's nothing left to say about the original topic. Then they're moved to a forum where nobody frequents, never to be visited or spoken of again. Then everyone returns to browsing the main forum, looking for something new to talk about.