Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Finalzone View Post
    I think SEGA is taking advantage of the PS4 AMD GPU features like asynchronous compute which explains the additon PC Stage 6 setting. All AMD users having GCN 1.0 and above would receive that benefit while Nvidia GPU may struggle.
    This makes zero sense and there is absolutely no evidence of them doing this whatsoever.

A handful of shader upgrades and added terrain normal mapping do not require any special treatment to enable, only some extremely minor shader replacements and texture artist work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    I don't think so, Asynchronous Shaders and other ATI dependant Technologies are a Pretty damn nice Technology but if they use that they would alienate a pretty large part of their Userbase (those with older Ati or Nvidia Cards).
    Yet it is optional hence Stage 6 setup.
    They would also need to rework large parts of the Graphic Engine, if not remake it from the ground up, I doubt Sega is willing to put in that much effort sadly.
    Apparently they already did as seen on these screenshots especially the Playstation 4 version. PC version could easily use Vukan API (designed to run of all OpenGL 4.X hardware)whose spec will be available in late 2015. The possibility is still present.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117
    I can tell you why it would be really stupid for them to gimp Nvidia GPU's on the PC:
    Remember the splash screen featuring Intel logo on the old Phantasy Star Online 2 Benchmark and Character Creation? That can be removed with update meaning support for all high-end GPU with optional optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae
    This makes zero sense and there is absolutely no evidence of them doing this whatsoever.
    Yet the Playstation 4 version is an indication. Battlefield 4 and Infamous Second Son are other games taking advantage of Asynchronous Compute, the former can be played online.

A handful of shader upgrades and added terrain normal mapping do not require any special treatment to enable, only some extremely minor shader replacements and texture artist work.
    It will be hardly surprising these upgrades will be incremental.
    Last edited by Finalzone; Sep 19, 2015 at 04:21 AM.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Still wouldn't make any sense, to alienate a large user base. PSO2's main point isn't for it's graphics they wouldn't add a mode that "some" might be able to use, and just shrug their shoulders at for the rest.

Getting a few peeps, approval isn't going to be a good point for their games sale. It'll do nothing much add negative feedback.

Apparently they already did as seen on these screenshots especially the Playstation 4 version. PC version could easily use Vukan API (designed to run of all OpenGL 4.X hardware)whose spec will be available in late 2015. The possibility is still present.

Yet the Playstation 4 version is an indication. Battlefield 4 and Infamous Second Son are other games taking advantage of Asynchronous Compute, the former can be played online.
    The PS4 version shows that...how?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Totori
    Still wouldn't make any sense, to alienate a large user base. PSO2's main point isn't for it's graphics they wouldn't add a mode that "some" might be able to use, and just shrug their shoulders at for the rest.
    Then why the graphic setting level exists which is common on majority of online games especially the MMO RPG like Final Fantasy XIV or Tera? Hardly the first time such implementation occurred. Playstation 4 version has high quality graphics that exceeds most PC games thanks to the listed features I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    The PS4 version shows that...how?
    Look it up the recap from our friend bumped.org/psublog
    Last edited by Finalzone; Sep 21, 2015 at 04:53 AM.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

That doesn't clarify anything, but they are upgrading the graphics. It's still not listing a major change, rather than just them trying to make the PS4 sound like the next best piece of candy out there. We have not a clue on what they have done for the PS4 version, so there's nothing to base that off of.

I think they had some partnership with Nvidia, but not sure on that really.

Look it up the recap from our friend bumped.org/psublog
    And where does that say anything at all about asynchronous compute?
    I really don't see PSO2 using anything more than DirectX 9c, and I don't see the new setting requiring anything more than DX9c either.

And even if for some reason SEGA were to use DX12 or Vulkan on PSO2 (no way, just no way) and asynchronous compute, that wouldn't mean that Nvidia GPUs would struggle.
    The only benchmark I know about that makes use of asynchronous compute, the Ashes of Singularity benchmark, while Nvidia may perform worse on DX12 than on DX11, it still performs well enough to be close or even match AMD's performance.

Playstation 4 version has high quality graphics that exceeds most PC games thanks to the listed features I posted.
    Wat...
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Sep 21, 2015 at 05:44 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

PSO2 needs a PC-oriented GUI that doesn't close a ton of windows when you open other menus.
    I doubt they would bother redoing the whole thing for that reason though.
    And I did complain about that in the last enquete.

Also, I have no idea what Finalzone is talking about.

Playstation 4 version has high quality graphics that exceeds most PC games thanks to the listed features I posted.
    What the ...? Some people are still that friggin clueless about PC gaming?

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Uh, I just throw this in as a fyi but the PS4's Architecture is very close to the PC.
    The reason it can perform better with lower specs is that it's a dedicated Gaming Machine meaning it allocates far more ressources to and is more optimized for a Game.
    Modern PC's can easily outperform it ... though you would need to spent Large Amounts of <your local currency> on it, more the price of a PS4 so it evens out.
    There is also the fact that even if a Technologys is supported it doesn't mean it's used, Asynchronous Shaders for example are used in merely a Handful of PS4 Games.
    You don't need shiny new Technologies to make PSO2 prettier, hell the game ran with more than 100 fps on my old PC, just update the Lighting Engine, improve Textures and maybe use a few shiny new Shaders and Bam better looking PSO2 and still runs smooth on the PS4.

Nothing on the Screenshots tells me they didn't do just that, which is fine since it do looks better.

... also I checked again and if I'm not wrong Asynchronous Shaders are a DX12 Funktion on PC ... so nope they definitely won't use that for the PC Version.

And no they won't "just update to the DX12" everytime someone says this sentence a Programmer strangles a Kitten.
    Last edited by Shear; Sep 21, 2015 at 07:17 AM.