Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Taiga so far is like the only one who has some sort of inkling as to what is going on in Japan to have a base to make his assumptions off of and even then he's not speaking from a pov that sounds like he's making even remotely definitive statements.
    Thanks, I'm glad someone appreciates what I'm trying to express.
    My information is from hanging out with JP friends, watching JP friends' streams of other stuff, talking to JP friends privately, etc.

I just listed the stuff going on right now that I'm aware of, and that might have an influence on people PSO2ing.
    I'm sure there are many other individual reasons, such as economic woes and other games. MGS5 is out in Japan, isn't it?
    Even I am playing MGS5 instead of PSO2.

Speaking of which, there is probably way more gameplay content in MGS5 than all of PSO2.
    From a quick search, its development time was roughly 4-5 years. PSO2's is now at around 6 years?
    To be fair though, I'm sure MGS5 had a much larger budget, with many more skilled personnel and a much more powerful in-house engine.
    But really, strip away all the budget-eating graphics, story, etc, and just slap the "gameplay stuff you can do in MGS5" to PSO2, and I'd probably be very happy.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 14, 2015 at 04:34 AM.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    ITT: we make assumptions about japanese activity or lack of based on speculation grounded in absolutely nothing.

Taiga so far is like the only one who has some sort of inkling as to what is going on in Japan to have a base to make his assumptions off of and even then he's not speaking from a pov that sounds like he's making even remotely definitive statements.

Goodness gracious don't people get tired of pinning stuff on westerners?????????????????????

Like come on fam
    Well... just look at how you guys made Block 20 the wasteland and Block 1 isn't too far behind.

Either way, around the DDoS attack a lot of my JPN friends were missing for a few months to almost a year.
    I haven't seen then got back online until around the spring into the summer bit by bit.
    Of course though, they've been a bit busy as of late and not on as much now. Maybe it's due to the time of the year when people are busy or not?
    That and the time of day. Most times I only see JPN players in my mpa when I play, but I guess my playtime usually is around when native Japanese players are playing.

When it's very late in Japan the blocks are usually a bit dead. So.. I'm not sure where the evidence is from the topic.
    That and I might see 2 or 3 non Japanese players when I played on the Shared Ships.
    They're not leaving. The thing is people trying to look too hard into why they can't find Japanese players when most of the time you will find them doing random things or just not playing when nothing big is going on.

Boost week I barely played with English players as I couldn't find any. Does that mean boost week I should've said RIP Western Community in PSO2?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    To be fair though, I'm sure MGS5 had a much larger budget, with many more skilled personnel and a much more powerful in-house engine.
    MGS had Brojima.

PSO2 had Dragon "Gunslashes and bikinis w/ high heels" Sakai.

If you really want to gauge the japanese activity on a ship, it i proabbly best to check the vita and mixed blocks.
    I noticed during the CM boost weeks that a lot of japanese gamers were actually using vita to play, instead of PCs. I'm guessing that consoles/handhelds are still more popular for gaming in japan. Im curious to see if the population will increase once the ps4 client gets released.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Boost week I barely played with English players as I couldn't find any. Does that mean boost week I should've said RIP Western Community in PSO2?
    wut??????

There's also PSO2ES, which is also full of incentives and you can't play both at the same time.
    When JP people are out and about, or when there's nothing going on in PSO2, they are very likely messing around with PSO2ES in their spare time.

MGS collabo would be nice, but that'll never happen.
    Konami hates everyone.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    wut??????
    During boost week 99% of the players I saw or played with were Japanese.
    At least outside of my friendlist.

On my friendlist it was 50/50 on English and Japanese players.
    Then again, I didn't play on Block 1. If I did I might've seen more English players... actually wait... I was leveling a class at level 1 during boost week near the end and did play on Block 1 to play some of the level up quest. Even then most players in the level were Japanese, so my statement still stands.

It looks like I've picked a bad time to come back to the game

Come back in 2016 when we get EPISODE 4: A REALM REBORN

there is no content at all atm, only thing worth doing is the new Gal EM, so ofc Ship 2 is dead cuz we arldy have less players than the other ships