Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I get the day off...

...and Sega decides they need 15 hours for maintenance.

Are there any other MMOs that have such long maintenance periods? I understand that the average maintenance period is only 6 hours, but even that seems way longer than most games.

What the hell is so complex about this game that requires so much maintenance? Are they just lazy and incompetent?

Unplugging and plugging back a cable is harder than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    ...and Sega decides they need 15 hours for maintenance.

Are there any other MMOs that have such long maintenance periods? I understand that the average maintenance period is only 6 hours, but even that seems way longer than most games.

What the hell is so complex about this game that requires so much maintenance? Are they just lazy and incompetent?
    Plenty of MMOs have maintenance periods that long. This maintenance is for hardware. Trust me, you would end up way more pissed if it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Take up sculpting.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    Are they just lazy and incompetent?
    Though this may be true of SEGA, there are legit reasons for downtime like this.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Because this is a real maintenance and not any of that silly hotfix on games that never shut down until their server explodes.

I'd be happier if the servers actually acted like they had maintenance after these. Or, you know, throw out the laggy machines and upgrade >:T
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

i had a hunch someone would make a "I had the day off today" thread today.

These maintenance times don't happen often anyways and they're all focused and based on finishing on time when people are heading home from work/school/etc so really, we can't complain about it, its not a time catered for us.

Plus its good to get away from the game once and awhile even though theres really nothing to do in the game right now anyways

I thought the grind/affix boosts would last until maintenance, like they usually do.
    Didn't notice they cut 'em off at midnight, and ended up wasting a ton of meseta grinding a 12 star that failed constantly.

Annoying. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of it for a good price.

I have yet to encounter a MMO worth its salt with as much downtime as PSO2. But even more important are the hours of the downtime.

WoW has a weekly maintenance too, but it's run in the night when nobody's around anyway. Sega on the other hand is lazy and does its maintenance during the work day - 10 AM to 5 PM Japanese time. Do they really think everyone is in work/school during these hours? You'd expect the NEETs at least to rebel against this kind of treatment. And what about people who work non-standard hours?

Just another absurdity of Japanese society, as seen through the lens of a free to play MMO.

EDIT: By the way, I am not complaining personally, because I live in a European time zone so downtime is always at night for me - very convenient. But it makes you think, what kind of responsible company does maintenance during time that is good only for people OUTSIDE its target country?
    Last edited by TehCubey; Oct 6, 2015 at 07:36 PM.