Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default When do the gear checks start?

Hey guys, I've just started getting back into the game and I'm relatively low level. I know eventually I'll stop being able to one shot everything with lucky RNG item drops but I was hoping I could get a rough estimate as to when I'll start hitting a gear wall. I've been doing quite a bit of reading up on the crafting system, I hope I'll have enough funds to craft passable gear for myself once running with plug and play loot stops working.

Hard to say. The 'passable' bar is set very low relative to the amount of power players are capable of, but you already know this it seems.

I want to say... XH is where some extra strong players can make the difference in squeezing another run within the EQ timer? If you have next to nothing, you may have trouble soloing everything at SH.

Anyway, there isn't much you need to do, or get for passable gear. Get a red weapon, craft it, and 10.5k CM for 3 photon boosters, and grind it, and your next meaningful upgrade would be 13*s.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 8, 2015 at 09:41 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

SH is where people start gear checking.

Never because all a MPA cares about is if they have weak bullet or no WB lol

Except for TD because thats where Zondeel and gear matters alot more.
    Last edited by LunaSolstice; Oct 8, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
    Ship2:
    xCherryRose lvl Bo 80+/Br 75+/Fo 75+/Gu 75+/Fi 75+/Hu 75+/Te 75+/Ra 50+/Su 75+/Hero 14.

And for the incoming Double I guess.

But Luna is right, I only gear check during TD3 from SH to XH. Thats all, I don't know for the other players tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

I see people gear checking in XH Magatsu all the time.

General rule of thumb is that SH players are probably going to be levelling up alts or sub classes so they'll have pretty crummy gear anyway. Outside of TD3 the only thing people will care about on SH is having a decent Weak Bullet user. As for XH, probably just TD3 and Magatsu? They are the only EQs where having a couple of weak players can stop you from getting the max number of runs, 12 player MPAs melt everything else regardless and Loser just requires someone packing WB and mirage.

That said the expectations really aren't high, as long as you aren't packing leech gear like +7 Hiei units and a +5 Vraolet in XH, nobody is going to make a fuss.

Well, its not as if lack of gear technically ever walls you from anything in this that doesn't involve communicating with other players. So there's no honest gear check ever so to speak. Around the SH level, you'll really start to run into issues with just "one-shotting" everything and by XH you should really be using decent weapons lest you be contributing nil.

immediately

if you don't have a 13* before you leave the tutorial just delete account

There are so many options for gear in this game, it's not really something big, besides between try hards and elitist. It's more important that you just know how to play, then worry about staying super equipped.