Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

Question I'm going to ask

I've stopped myself asking this a few times, because I really shouldn't be wasting time on this.

Bugger it, I'm going to ask anyway!

So, what I've been working on is a fan sequel to Phantasy Star 4 using RPG Maker VX Ace (when I should've bought XP instead -_-).

As well as a few dungeons, I've completed the overworld maps for Motavia, Rykross and Dezoris. I'm also working on dialogue trees, as you'll be able to choose your responses in this game.

So, what I need is a couple of willing artists. One for enemy sprites and another for characters in the cutscenes. It doesn't have to be real flash, but at least as good as the panels in PS4. This is way too big for me to do by myself and I'm not really keen on reusing sprites from PS4.

-
    Anyway, the basic story revolves around the Newman children of PS4's heroes Chaz and Rika, who are on a quest to find a cure to their rapid aging. But what starts out as a simple quest escalates into a system-spanning adventure that stretches beyond the secret planet Rykross.

On the way, they'll ally themselves with familiar faces and names, magical talking animals, eccentric detectives, outlaw priests and friendly Espers. But they will also go up against bandits, black magic bikers, techno cultists, bounty hunters, bioterrors, magi-tech kill-sats, Nyau, insane AI's and a series of seemingly unrelated conspiracies that threaten the Algol system.

Looks like a great and also hard project, since it's an rpg; lot of texts and status coding.
    Even tho I can't help for the moment, I'm still writing this comment as an encouragement.
    I wish I can help you with the artistic part, but I myself am really busy and have put my own games dev on stand by.
    Anyway, good luck with this and I hope that you'll find an artist soon.
    Busy doing nothing...

I wonder if charging would go against copyright. None the less, I also wish you luck.

Oh come on! No one wants to help me? Should I really be contacting people on DeviantArt instead? Is that it?

Maybe. I don't know anyone here who does sprite work. And if they do, they don't show it off on this site.

Come off it! I've seen the art galleries...maybe I've should've tried there instead of making a thread. I'll try that.

I think in general when it comes to forum communities, you need to expect that sometimes you will get responses and help and sometimes you won't. Depends on the people, time of day, and everyone's mood. It doesn't ever help to get angry with people. If you want to try somewhere else try somewhere else. Doesn't mean that this thread was a waste of time because someone who is able to give you the type of answer that you are looking for might do so. It just won't be instantaneous.

Not to mention that once you do get mad and respond in the way you did, then it shuts down the conversation and no one else wants to be a part of it. So kind of shoot yourself in the foot there.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Also, this forum is kinda dead with only a couple of artists frequenting it, and very few artists would be willing to devote a huge amount of their time for little pay unless they happen to think it's fun. And it's going to be hard to find that little niche.