Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Weird issue since the last update

So, ever since the last update I'm having a very weird issue. I don't know why, but ever since we got that new lobby in the update, I'm having a lot of trouble with slowdown/lag. But as weird as it is, this slowdown is ONLY happening in the lobby. While I'm in missions or in my room, everything runs perfectly smooth and fine, but in the lobby it's like the frames are dropping for no reason...

Does anyone else have trouble similar to this? I did most common stuff, like checking for new graphics card drivers and stuff, didn't help. I thought of a graphical issue, so I set the game down to simple shaders and switched to the built in Intel graphics, but the same stuff is still happening.

My system specs:
    Intel Core i7-4710MQ, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX765M 2GB GDDR5 and PSO2 running on a solid state drive.

I never had any issues running the game with my laptop, and it's really confusing me that all this is just since the last update we got.

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do, I would appreciate help. These constant frame drops are really irritating

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

When I organized a Magatsu run earlier, the game kept pausing every few seconds, was very jerky.

Haven't figured out what the problem is yet.
    At first I thought it was Arks Mod Tool, and then I noticed it didn't even hook.

So... I'm also wondering if it's something to do with PSO2 itself.

I mostly have problems in blocks that are like moderately full. I used to have some loading issues when the blocks are filled tight to 100% premium space. But with my tests now, as long as the blocks are empty, I don't encounter the problem in the lobby. If it's almost filled with the "normal" space, it starts doing thise little drops when walking.
    Wondering too, if maybe the game has some issues since the super extended maintenance, but the people I asked yet, didn't seem to have problems. So I'm out of ideas why this is happening.

Main Characters:

Problem lies with the game itself. I have 2 computers that are running into the same problem, and they're both beyond overkill in specs for running PSO2, both running unmodified installs of the game.

Only started happening with this update, right? I mean, for everyone.
    I don't have any problems in lobby, solo or Trick or Treat though.

Perhaps it's a very specific 3d model that's causing the problem?
    Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
    Last time, the Clone unit caused people to crash.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 15, 2015 at 03:58 PM.

Yeah, it started with this update. I didn't notice at first, but the fuller the blocks got, the worse it got.

Problem lies with the game itself. I have 2 computers that are running into the same problem, and they're both beyond overkill in specs for running PSO2, both running unmodified installs of the game.
    Not that I wish this problems to anyone, but I'm glad I'm not totally alone with it. I thought my hardware crashed or something, but it wouldn't seem so, since everything else runs smooth.

Main Characters:

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Bad client. PSO2 and Gameguard are dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

What's the recommended method for fixing a bad client?
    Delete the files and let the launcher redownload?
    Or grab a fresh installer off their website?

Does it actually reduce the amount of size PSO2 takes up?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 15, 2015 at 04:59 PM.

I've been having a similar issue ever since this update.After the 2 sega screens and the nvidia screen it would take a certain amount of time before the title screen would load.The tunnel loading screen would lag and i'd have bad lag in lobby and noticeable lag in missions.

After some testing the issue seems to be remedied with higher frame limit and oddly enough making the game go fullscreen.Only seem to happen at 60 fps for some reason,i'm honestly baffled.

literally as simple as restarting the game and hoping rng is on your side (yep client is rng)