Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sorry for the offtopic but, since the update, does anybody else notice that when entering a new area, the center square is already explored and you didn't even reach it?
    Last edited by Angry_Ryudo; Oct 17, 2015 at 07:24 AM.

I believe this game has some error with memory control, after a long time afk in lobby, i will get serious stutter. But, after log out to ship select and log in again, stutter goes away. I doubt that relogging will erase cache or refreshing its occupied memory and thus reduce stutter

My awful stutter was right after a clean reboot, so I dunno.

I'm using original client now so i don't know about patched one
    btw, check this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNsKvaODlI

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Ryudo View Post
    Sorry for the offtopic but, since the update, does anybody else notice that when entering a new area, the center square is already explored and you didn't even reached it?
    Yep, thought it was something wrong on my end and just ignored it but good to see it's not just me.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Reinstalling the game did not fix the issue so I recommend either running at either 90 or 120 fps or trying fullscreen to solve the issue.Hopefully sega fixes this in a maintenance.

the fact u dont believe that its rng whether or not you will get a good or bad client upon startup is just plain ignorant

Been having this issue for over a year, actually. Thought everyone had it.

I can take 12 Photon Blasts going off in a PSE CrossBurst & still get over 40 fp/s (though I probably won't be able to actually SEE anything), even with a weather effect going on. But as soon as a Lobby Block gets more than 70% full, I will get noticeable microstutters when going near unloaded players. Once those players are loaded, the stutter goes away. I think its tied or atleast partially related to how the game handles memory when loading character models.

Spoiler!

You can set it to load 50models and seems to smooth fps, but as time pass, client will take up enough memory and become stutter again. And, pso2 is a 32bit app which limits it to 4GB memory access, of course this shit can use more than 4GB

I can only hope that Sega fixes this in some kind of maintenance, because this is stupid. If there is bunch of characters that are not loaded yet, the frames drop for me to like 1 fps, lol. That stutter is no fun, seriously....

You can set it to load 50models and seems to smooth fps, but as time pass, client will take up enough memory and become stutter again. And, pso2 is a 32bit app which limits it to 4GB memory access, of course this shit can use more than 4GB
    I did this now. It seems a little bit better but not nearly as smooth as it used to be. Thanks for tip tho, I appreciate it.
    God, why is this game so messed up to me now, I don't get it ._.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more