Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Laptop that can run PSO?

Alright guys, it's as the title says, I'm looking for a laptop that can run PSO2. Im on a 400$ budget so let's keep it in that range?

Secondly, don't bring the "Desktops are better build your own" argument here please, I already have one which I play PSO on at home lol the whole point is to play on the go, (While I'm at college or so.)

So with that said, anyone got anything for me?

-Shrine Maiden Zessica
    High Demonic Commander Zessica! -Also a Hime.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

anything with at least intel hd 3000 and a decent amount of ram should be able to run it fairly comfortably on min settings. you won't be playing it with any shaders, but you'll be able to run it
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

If you want to run a very cheap, minimalist kind of game, I recommend the laptop I currently use to play; a Dell Insperion M5030. It can go to 64-bit and disassembly to install a better RAM card is VERY simple and cleanup is a sinch.

The only flaw is that sometimes the Keyboard can regularly cause some keys to not work (It's a common problem, I fixed this by removing the keyboard and plugging it back in and now it hasn't had that problem since.)

The one I have is alright, but I always strive for something better with it. It runs PSO2 with minimal settings easily.

Anything with at least 4gb of ram and a Core i3 or higher CPU can run it.

http://www.amazon.com/F555LA-AB31-15...n%3A2423841011
    Ship2:
    xCherryRose lvl Bo 80+/Br 75+/Fo 75+/Gu 75+/Fi 75+/Hu 75+/Te 75+/Ra 50+/Su 75+/Hero 14.

Fair warning though, you might want to invest in something to keep your laptop cool. I've occasionally had to run it on laptops, pretty decent ones as far as laptops go too, and even on minimum settings the machines tend to burn out and shut themselves off after about 15-20 minutes.

I don't know how the one suggested by KroDragon could even get past the character select screen, with that Sempron V160 & very weak mobility intergrated graphics. Avoid that.

If you could raise your budget to the $650 - $800 range, you could get something much better...But if you're truly locked at $400 or less, then the one suggested by LunaSolstice would be ok for Low Graphics.

Also, as Hysteria1987 said: Get something to keep your laptop cool / well-ventilated.

Spoiler!

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

I use an MSI GP60 Leopard. $850 laptop, full HD, runs PSO2 on max settings without stutters, except for when I'm loading into lobbies, but AFAIK, everyone gets that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I use an MSI GP60 Leopard. $850 laptop, full HD, runs PSO2 on max settings without stutters, except for when I'm loading into lobbies, but AFAIK, everyone gets that.
    Um...

Quote Originally Posted by Zessica View Post
    Alright guys, it's as the title says, I'm looking for a laptop that can run PSO2. Im on a 400$ budget so let's keep it in that range?
    This was in the first post...

sometime I play it on Asus N53S laptop with lowest graphic setting at my workplace

Anything with IntelHD3000, 2GB RAM (Yes, 2GB), and Intel i3 mobile can run the game.
    Just turn off shaders, and use compressed texture.

I'm playing PSO2 using ASUS A43E with no shaders, and normal textures, with only like 4 detailed character display back then, i think it's around Alpha 2 to late EP1.
    It managed to maintain a pretty stable performance, however the laptop itself gets really hot (up to 91 degree).
    If i must say, it is recommended to not play this game on laptop or if it's not a option to get a PC, better invest the money left on cooling pad or something to reduce the potential damage.
    Also glove, i mean seriously... you really going to rest your palm on hot surface? I suffered that kind of situation and never again.
    Last edited by wefwq; Oct 17, 2015 at 01:22 AM.