Default Weird Controller Problem (Xbox One Controller)

Greetings all! I have decided to return to Pso 2 after some time 2+ years. Installed tweaker and everything with no problems. However, one problem is I can not use my RT trigger on my xbox one controller. Everything else works fine. I tried calibration and when I get to the screen where it has my press the triggers, nothing happens, both of them. But, I can use my LT no problem. Someone please help :/. Running Windows 10.
    PSO 2: Mya FO/TI, Block 2.

Also, I must add I can use the RT on other games no problem.

You are going to need to install the compatibility drivers to get it to work. I have the steps here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229972

I've never encountered a problem when using either the xbox 360 controller or the xbox one controller on PC.

You just need to download the drivers for them.

On windows 7 and 8.1 you can download the official drivers and everything should work perfectly fine.

Microsoft claims that windows 10 comes with the drivers built in already, but I don't use windows 10 so I don't know.

If that was the case I would have problems with other games, not JUST PSO 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Redboigoi View Post
    If that was the case I would have problems with other games, not JUST PSO 2.
    It is an issue that plagues a handful of other games as well(the original reddit post where I found the solution mentions games like FFXIII and Euro Truck Simulator 2). It has to do with the drivers that are built in to Windows 10 treating the triggers as separate axes (which works perfectly fine in other games), but certain games aren't compatible with this new set up, so in order to play them right with the XBox One controller, you need to use the older drivers. I did the driver changes, and it all works perfectly fine in all my games.
    Last edited by Anduril; Oct 17, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

Okay, I will help you out with this because I encountered the same problem. It is not the drivers. PSO2 is designed to read a Japanese PlayStation controller layout, so the button orders (1-12) are totally jacked for the Xbox One Controller. So here is how you fix it:

When you go into the game, go to your controller settings. Do not do the calibration because the controller is calibrated. What you do is you go to:

Options -> Control Settings -> Game Pad Settings

You will need to reconfigure all of your buttons manually so that they correspond with each action. The controller and drivers works. Its just that PSO2 reads PlayStation layouts, not the new layout for the Xbox One. So you have to set it manually. Now if this still doesn't work, I am a loss so hopefully it does.

EDIT AND REMINDER: Make sure you configure ALL of the buttons, including analog sticks and triggers else, you will still have your triggers acting like an axis (rotating with RT instead of right analog).
    Last edited by RibbonSoft; Oct 17, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    You are going to need to install the compatibility drivers to get it to work. I have the steps here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229972
    Now I'm getting as if the game thinks im holding down the LT button *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Redboigoi View Post
    Now I'm getting as if the game thinks im holding down the LT button *sigh*
    Just to be sure, you made sure you downloaded the appropriate version of the drivers (x64 for 64 bit or x86 for 32 bit) and your Controller Properties look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Just to be sure, you made sure you downloaded the appropriate version of the drivers (x64 for 64 bit or x86 for 32 bit) and your Controller Properties look like this:
    Yep, mines looks just like that. Still problems. Oh well... :/ I don't know what else to try.