Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How long does it take you guys to find the "good client"

Sometime's it takes me up to 15 tries to get it.

Also, do any of you guys have tips or your own little methods of finding it?

I'd recommend closing RAM hogging applications, Skype, Steam, etc, particularly on a system with 8GB or less. I'd also recommend closing other games or things that might be processor intensive while you're getting PSO2 started. You *can* get a perfect client with a bunch of stupid crap open, but it tends to be more likely if you have more resources free.

I wish I could offer more there, but in the end it really does come down to chance. All you can do is make it more likely. It would be nice if one day someone made an application to force optimal client or something that could change any client into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I'd recommend closing RAM hogging applications, Skype, Steam, etc, particularly on a system with 8GB or less. I'd also recommend closing other games or things that might be processor intensive while you're getting PSO2 started. You *can* get a perfect client with a bunch of stupid crap open, but it tends to be more likely if you have more resources free.

I wish I could offer more there, but in the end it really does come down to chance. All you can do is make it more likely. It would be nice if one day someone made an application to force optimal client or something that could change any client into one.
    what i want to know is why it is random what kind of client you get

Don't have to find it since I never had the bad client issue.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Don't have to find it since I never had the bad client issue.
    Go and see how much FPS you lose when swapping weapons in campship or see if you can penta without the game shitting on you. I usually restart once or twice and it seems smooth. I'm pretty sure you've had it, it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka~ View Post
    Go and see how much FPS you lose when swapping weapons in campship or see if you can penta without the game shitting on you. I usually restart once or twice and it seems smooth. I'm pretty sure you've had it, it's ok.
    According to this post, there's a noticeable stutter when loading different character models in the character select screen when having a bad client, I never had that stutter.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...&postcount=102

Anyway, I'll check if I have drops when switching weapons when I get home later tonight, though either I'm just used to it, or the framerate drop is so small I don't even notice it.
    Also I don't penta dash or anything like that, I barely even play the game anymore outside of casually doing TAs with friends.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Oct 20, 2015 at 06:23 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    According to this post, there's a noticeable stutter when loading different character models in the character select screen when having a bad client, I never had that stutter.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...&postcount=102

Anyway, I'll check if I have drops when switching weapons when I get home later tonight, though either I'm just used to it, or the framerate drop is so small I don't even notice it.
    Also I don't penta dash or anything like that, I barely even play the game anymore outside of casually doing TAs with friends.
    everyone has fps drops when anyone switches to any weapon, it's simply a matter of how many frames you lose when the swap occurs. ws to empty hand being 1fps is considered a near optimal client. the stutter during char load is just a rough estimate that can help you seed out mediocre, bad, and ok-ish clients.

I just repair gameguard and let it download fresh one, high chance of getting good client. And I found out that gamma correction antialiasing on Nvidia somehow messes up with pso2, but I need someone else to test it to confirm.

Guess RNG always blessing me with "Good Client" then, never had problem like "bad client"
    (maybe just because I don't have any stuff like steam/skype/etc running on background...or some good old PC build)

The only FPS drop I had is just when alt-tabbing back in game for few seconds (probably because nvidia inspector, never had FPS drop when alt-tabbing before using forced SSAO).
    Last edited by arkeido; Oct 20, 2015 at 06:49 AM.

Takes me around 1-3 tries.