Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Hu/Fi partisan + sword

Since it will be my first time playing with a partisan, I'm just curious which of them sword or partisan make more damage? (I just wonder if anything has changed in the last updates bcuz I haven't played for a long time due to exams).
    I've tried playing with sword a little bit some time ago but the more I played I realized that partisan is the way to go, it has way better combos and unlike sword more aoe PAs. Personally I found sword a little dull, the only good thing is block and 'over end'. It takes too much time to load PAs on sword until attack which makes me a somewhat lethargic.
    I just made this build now it is based on my overall experience in PSO. I saw people using partisan + twin daggers but since I already have a character with daggers and double saber I'm thinking about using both sword and partisan. This build is without Fighter Gear (only sword + partisan) focused on dps as much as possible:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0jdoIb0000000j
    I'm looking for advise
    .................................................. ..................
    - I've not yet used all of fighter's points
    - Will Step in fighter's tree proc in hunter's tree as well? (sorry for noob questions, I'm asking cuz I don't have more points to spend on hunter)
    - Massive Hunter max or just 1 point?

*Sorry for my english

I was able to find a lot of helpful build information here.
    Ship 02 -|- Player ID: DutchRide -|- Character: Tony -|- Main Class: Hunter

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0jdoIb0000000j
    Hunter side:
    -Automate Halfline will be much better than Ironwill as a Hunter/Fighter, you're practically invincible with a high enough pool of hp and you may attack without much worry.
    - Hu/Fi is a combination where you want to save points in Fury Combo Up as getting 2 JAs consecutively will give you the full 10%. Other class combinations may want it to a full 10 points instead of 5 because of certain cancel methods in order to attack faster.
    -Massive Hunter is too good to pass up with the damage reduction and super armor that works well for the long animation of certain Hunter weapon PAs. I suggest maxing it out, but even 1 point will do fine.
    -War Brave is a decent mobbing skill, not so great against isolated bosses. Restores a decent amount of PP and gives a damage boost based on number of targets(breakable objects in the environment count) present. If you want to max it, you can just remove some points from Hunter Gear Boost.

Fighter side:
    -Brave and Wise Stances will out-do Chase skills consistently in damage. Enemies will generally die before status ailments proc in the first place.
    -Tech Arts JA is a must, Hunter weapons do well to mix up PAs, especially Partizan with their Volg Raptor combos.
    -Dead/halfline and Crazy Heart skills are only consistently useful if you play Fi/Hu with Limit Break.

If you're talking about Step Advance, then yes. Although 1 point in Hunter and 1 point in Fighter is the same as having 1 point in only one of the two trees as they don't stack with each other. May as well skip it and reap the benefits of guard skills as a Hunter main.

Keep playing around with the Sword, you need to fill gear quickly in order to make it a useful weapon. You can do okay with just 1 point in Hunter Gear Boost, but all 5 points are nice to have there.
    Last edited by Bellion; Oct 28, 2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurome View Post
    I saw people using partisan + twin daggers.
    What you saw was probably a FiHu. A FiHu with partizan + limit break/critical boost is a lot stronger than a HuFi but a lot more squishy.

Also use Sonic Arrow PA as one hit from it will fill have your gear. Its also very good for combo'ing sword PAs and tech arts JA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    -Automate Halfline will be much better than Ironwill as a Hunter/Fighter, you're practically invincible with a high enough pool of hp and you may attack without much worry.
    As always, if you have bad ping automate is worthless because you can get hit before the mate is used, if something attacks really fast or your ping is really bad, you can get hit twice
    With my ping the mate is used after I used one manually.

Well, sucks to have your internet, then. Many seem to have the better experiences with Automate Halfline.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    With my ping the mate is used after I used one manually.
    But neither are client sided so manually healing is irrelevant.

Megidolaon, I have the same ping as you (around 300ms), and I think Automate Halfline is great. :\

I think you're doing something wrong.

No.
    But when some skill hits me fast, like dorios or even a luda sorcerer's red circle thingy, I get hit at least twice before automate decides to use a mate.
    My ping seems to be more in the 400 range anyway ._.