Page 272 of 273 FirstFirst ... 172222262269270271272273 LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponslash View Post
    Also unless i am doing something wrong vulkans geki taking so long to build up plus the forced combo drop after you land a geki makes the damn thing so unsatisfying to use compared to chain machinegun synchron.
    Are you using the auto target ring? Because that ring makes pets try to do a normal attack any time the target moves even a little out of their normal attack range. It's usually not that noticeable, but because pets like Viola and Vulcan are so slow, sometimes it happens before you get the chance to do another PA, or even in the middle of a PA. It also tends to interrupt the 3rd normal attack for pets with combos, but most people don't care about that.

Not using that specific ring which makes me wonder where i miss the timing since i keep doing zan-ken loops without letting the full ken animation to go through (for quick testing) and then once that screen "flash" happens for geki and i initiate it,i immidiately start mashing zan again (even during gekis long animation) but still takes me 6 pas to get back to geki "flash" again instead of 5 after the first loop.

Synchron requires 4 pas before geki and after the first loop it goes to 3 and i never seem to fail to keep that going which probably means i do something horribly wrong during vulkan.

In any case looking forward to read vulcans frame/dps data to understand more about it

I managed to get 4 pets to lvl 130 and accumulated a ton of 14* parfaits so I guess it's time to give su another chance, so I got a bunch of questions now.
    I got Wanda, Torim, Popple and Rappy at 130 plus Aero at lvl 120 and Jinga + Vulcan at 102.
    From what I was told last time I asked the 4 lvl 130 ones are the best if I want pets that don't die too easily with e.g. Aero being a glass cannon and Jinga not quite but still less robust than Wanda. I also abhor Maron and Melon and I heard both Synchro and Redran are quie situational so I don't wanna touch them.

1)I heard something about the ability to manually make pets dodge, how does that work again?

2) What sub is good? Any real reason not to sub et?

3) A double and a triple layer pancake for each pet for 60 element but what other candies should I give them?

4) what are the rotations and strats for Wanda, Torim, Popple and Rappy for mobbing / bossing?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I managed to get 4 pets to lvl 130 and accumulated a ton of 14* parfaits so I guess it's time to give su another chance, so I got a bunch of questions now.
    I got Wanda, Torim, Popple and Rappy at 130 plus Aero at lvl 120 and Jinga + Vulcan at 102.
    From what I was told last time I asked the 4 lvl 130 ones are the best if I want pets that don't die too easily with e.g. Aero being a glass cannon and Jinga not quite but still less robust than Wanda. I also abhor Maron and Melon and I heard both Synchro and Redran are quie situational so I don't wanna touch them.

1)I heard something about the ability to manually make pets dodge, how does that work again?

2) What sub is good? Any real reason not to sub et?

3) A double and a triple layer pancake for each pet for 60 element but what other candies should I give them?

4) what are the rotations and strats for Wanda, Torim, Popple and Rappy for mobbing / bossing?
    1.) Some Pets have a move with a ton of invul (Synchro Kyaku). I'm pretty sure all Pets have at least 1 PA that will return them to your side when you use it.

2.) Summoner gains very little from Et sub. You lose JA Crit and JA Bonus (you don't Just Attack on Summoner) and the Pet Power mod for All Attack Bonus Et is lower than Phantom. Phantom is the sub you want.

3.) Pets are just like Weapons, so you'll want Crit Parfaits for Crit Damage (Exquisite Deadly and Super Deadly), and probably 2 Support Rolls per pet. You'll want to fit in as many Tech/Spi Cookies as well since Switch Strike/Switch Shoot are more or less dead for Ph sub and you'll be focusing on Pet T-Atk.

4.) Wanda Slicer/Break for single target, Shock/Break for AoE. Torim still has some uses but I don't find myself using Popple/Rappy that much anymore. I more or less main Synchro/Vulcan/Maron with Wanda/Redran/Glas/Melon as back-up situationally.

Thanks
    For now I'll stay away from situational pets, though. And I just saw the way to make steps dodge by dodging yourself is an s6 but I won't make su units and I won't replace my hr s6 either.

I got more questions, though...

5) How likely is Alter Ego to get you killed with that lvl 85 skill?

6) Does Dear Master even proc if Alter Ego gets you killed?

7) What's the limit / cd of Dear Master, the ingame description kinda makes it sound like you can never die as long as you have a living pet out. Sounds op since you can have 25 pets and to avoid dying from e.g. a boss attack you need is a pet with 1 remaining hp.

5.) It's pretty damn hard to die when you have Alter Ego Harmony. The only thing that can effectively kill you is your pet dying and then you getting hit afterwards. This is why Maron Revolver during Fire phase Sodam is so strong because you can continually max out Marons on the fire walls and toss them and not die.
    6.) No, I believe it specifically have to be damage you take.
    7.) Why do you think you never see dead Summoners (or Summoners at all)?

Thanks
    For now I'll stay away from situational pets, though. And I just saw the way to make steps dodge by dodging yourself is an s6 but I won't make su units and I won't replace my hr s6 either.
    That s6 sucks anyway, all it does is make your pet return to you like you used their return PA, it doesn't give them iframes as far as I know.

5) How likely is Alter Ego to get you killed with that lvl 85 skill?
    I spend most of my time below 25% hp, that used to be the main strat for Su/Fi. It's actually harder to die when your hp is low. An important thing about Dear Master that I don't think a lot of people know, is that the damage your pet takes is based on how much remaining hp you had, not how much damage you took. If you only have 10 hp left and get hit by 1000 damage then your pet only take 10 damage.

6) Does Dear Master even proc if Alter Ego gets you killed?
    Yes. People use this to get extra hits on maron by placing themselves in damage at the same time as maron. Literally any source of damage can proc it.

7) What's the limit / cd of Dear Master, the ingame description kinda makes it sound like you can never die as long as you have a living pet out. Sounds op since you can have 25 pets and to avoid dying from e.g. a boss attack you need is a pet with 1 remaining hp.
    There's no CD. I only ever die on Su when I mistime switching pets, overestimate my pet's ability to survive an attack, mistime throwing melon or maron, or I switch to a pet I forgot was KO'd. Keep in mind though that if you AND your pet get hit by an attack at the same time it's possible for your pet to die before Dear Master procs.

Thanks.

8.) One final all important question, how to deal with re--positioning? I spent like 5 hours maxing 2 pets and making more candy for the other 2 as well but then I fought lvl 80 Hunar and it was super easy, but Rappy missing really often because Hunar moved so much got extremely annoying to the point I feel like I might not wanna play su after all >_<
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Jan 5, 2021 at 08:43 AM.

Welcome to Summoner. lol

Summoner's strength is that it doesn't play or function like anything else in the game but that's also it's weakness. Doing stuff solo can get weird with your aggro vs. Pet aggro and more modern enemies can be difficult to keep your Pet's position up on (e.g. Omega Masq) if you're not just tossing Marons. A lot of Pet choice is based on nuance and experience and there will be those frustrating times but there will always be an answer.

Thanks.

8.) One final all important question, how to deal with re--positioning? I spent like 5 hours maxing 2 pets and making more candy for the other 2 as well but then I fought lvl 80 Hunar and it was super easy, but Rappy missing really often because Hunar moved so much got extremely annoying to the point I feel like I might not wanna play su after all >_<
    Rappy just isn't good for bosses that move around a lot, you need to pick the right pet for the right situation. Synchro is definitely the go to bossing pet in most situations, the main exception being bosses that hit really hard and/or have a lot of AoEs, like Execore.

I recommend practicing with each of the pets and getting used to what each of them do, most of them have very different niches.