Default PS4 controller problem...little help here?

I wanted to play using my PS4 controller. I figured it'd be more fun. Thing is, though...whenever I try to play, pressing either of the bottom triggers causes the camera to continuously spin, it never ends. I can't simply turn the camera. It's strange.

I've tried configuring the options but nothing really fixes it...even setting the triggers to do different actions doesn't fix it. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I've played using PS4 controller for a long time now using this program. Never gave me any problems.

https: / / inputmapper . com

This is because the game assumes the axis that represents trigger pressure works like a 360 controller....which handles it somewhat strangely. The trick is, when you're doing the controller setup in options, make sure both L2 and R2 are pressed about halfway down while you do all the joystick stuff.

It's attempting to sense what joystick you want to be what axis by watching for which axis has the value closest to the end. For example, when it says "put your left stick to the left," it then looks at every controller axis to see which is closest to 0% or 100%, AKA what's farthest from 50%, to determine what you're "pressing." The problem is, with the DS4's L2 and R2, not pressing them at all is considered 0% on their "pressure axis." The 360 controller got around this by considering LT and RT to be on one axis, and LT pressure moved towards 0%, RT pressure moved towards 100%, so when neither was pressed, it stayed at 50%.

TLDR: When mapping your controller with the ingame setup, hold L2 and R2 at half pressure while doing joystick stuff if you have a Dualshock 4. It's annoying, but it works, and never needs to be repeated.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

Quote Originally Posted by Kichi View Post
    This is because the game assumes the axis that represents trigger pressure works like a 360 controller....which handles it somewhat strangely. The trick is, when you're doing the controller setup in options, make sure both L2 and R2 are pressed about halfway down while you do all the joystick stuff.

It's attempting to sense what joystick you want to be what axis by watching for which axis has the value closest to the end. For example, when it says "put your left stick to the left," it then looks at every controller axis to see which is closest to 0% or 100%, AKA what's farthest from 50%, to determine what you're "pressing." The problem is, with the DS4's L2 and R2, not pressing them at all is considered 0% on their "pressure axis." The 360 controller got around this by considering LT and RT to be on one axis, and LT pressure moved towards 0%, RT pressure moved towards 100%, so when neither was pressed, it stayed at 50%.

TLDR: When mapping your controller with the ingame setup, hold L2 and R2 at half pressure while doing joystick stuff if you have a Dualshock 4. It's annoying, but it works, and never needs to be repeated.
    Oh, I see! Thank you both for your help!

use xpadder on top of that or all the macro goodness.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I use "PS4 Windows" with no problem.
    PSO 2: Mya FO/TI, Block 2.