Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Default Why I hate the Profound Darkness

When Dark Falz Elder came out, both he and Falz Arms could actually make MPAs fail.
    When Dark Falz Loser came out, both he and Apos Dorios could actually make MPAs fail.
    When Mining Base Defense: Invasion came out, MPAs could actually fail it.
    When Mining Base Defense: Incursion came out, MPAs could actually fail it(And still do with a significant frequency).
    When Mining Base Defense: Despair came out, MPAs could actually fail it(And still do with a significant frequency).
    When Magatsu came out, MPAs could actually fail it.
    When AIS versus Magatsu came out, MPAs could actually fail it(And still do).

Progeny of the Apocalypse is so far from being failable that you could pick 6 completely random players that have never met each other, all running shit-tier builds like RA/BO, with random 10* gear, and not only would they not be in any danger whatsoever on Extra Hard, they wouldn't even need to know anything about the EQ beforehand, except to save their Photon Blast for the Persona portion. And then they would complete the mission.

That's why I hate it. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
    Back to Fallout 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Amen to the hate bit and amen to the back to Fallout 4 bit.
    *Hope, a guaranteed way to experience disappointment.

lol
    But I know what you mean. The eq is really easy thanks to the ARKS Effect. But tbh, failing Magatsu 2nd phase is not any harder. Not killing Sai doesn't ymean you failed, it means you get a few less cubes.

I hate Profound Darkness rather cause of Sega being a bunch of fucktards that prefer to dig themselves deeper into the shit instead of trying to actually dig themselves out of it.

Rather than fix that you can do 25million dmg in 30 seconds and other op shit, they create two super unfun bosses that are incredibly annoying to fight.

Running Simulator Online 2

There is so much more to difficulty than pass/fail, but that seems incomprehensible to so many that it doesn't seem worth discussing.

All I'm going to say is that Profound Invasion can be cleared in less than half the time that Double + PD can be cleared. When put like that, PD is actually the most difficult of all those quests.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Please stop defending this bullshit.

There is no difficulty other than pass or fail because passing or failing is the only thing that affects absolutely anything outside of a number you get to see for 5 seconds at the end of the quest.
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

I know, I feel quite similar (as I mentioned when people started raging about being revived automatically in Magatsu 2nd phase) but this eq is just bs.
    Once ARKS Effect kicks in you are pretty much unkillable so even though it wants to be a super epic fight against the ultimate evil, it feels more like a casual chore similar to tacos.
    Wait around and occasionally whack the mole long enough until the cubes fall out.

And I know people beat it in under 5 minutes without ARKS Effect and all, but that requires not just a premade mpa but apparently also a lot of RNG luck cause if Double moves a lot, there is just nothing you can do against.
    Last time I was on force Double was outside Ilgrants range more than half the time.

Whoever is in charge of current content needs to be taken behind a building and shot.
    If it's Suganuma, then he clearly outlived his usefulness of early ep 3 improvements.

I mean everyone has a 13* these days and you get a free +10 13* when you trade in some stones and it'll have Decent affixes on it.

Unless you're Fi/Hu with Knuckles or Partizan, then you're just breaking stuff.
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

Sega is trying to make the pugs happy, plug giving them decent gear to not fail epicly on TD4, which looks pretty hardcore

Watch TD4 features a random thing like "Lillipan -or Melitta- Effect" that gives you 59% resists, +1000atk and +50%HP&PP.

Oh wait, they already showed a gameplay of it.
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Please stop defending this bullshit.

There is no difficulty other than pass or fail because passing or failing is the only thing that affects absolutely anything outside of a number you get to see for 5 seconds at the end of the quest.
    So you're saying that there's no difference in difficulty in clearing PD below 5 minutes and 10+ minutes? There's no difference in difficulty in clearing PD solo compared to with a full MPA? There's no difference in difficulty in clearing PD without getting hit compared to playing normally? All because it has no real effect in gameplay? Difficulty is about the challenge, the skill and knowledge involved. Only judging it based on reward is incredibly close-minded.

Even if PD was difficult to clear, the best players would still be aiming for both a clear and a low clear time or some other goals. Simply clearing a quest is the lowest bar for difficulty imaginable. You can always take something difficult and make it more difficult by setting arbitrary goals like a fast clear, a no damage run, or a solo run.

Which probably speaks for your caliber if you don't even want to set goals for yourself higher than pass/fail.