Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Steam Controller and PSO2

Steam hardware is finally released, I got my controller around a month ago and no lies, most people was disappointed with the the first impression, the thing is new, and strange, and some games worked worse than using an xbox pad. But a few firmware updates later and after a bunch of hours using it I can say the trackpad gives far better results than an analogue stick even in games that only work with a controller.

Gameguard also got updated around a week and half ago, not sure if coincidence (Steam Beta client updated almost every day, so not sure which one got the thing done, a lot of Steam games use Gameguard and it wouldn't surprise me if Valve asked them to allow the controller), but after that day, I can finally bind both mouse and keyboard to my Steam controller!

That opens the door not only to precise aim, but also to a lot of binds.

That's my general layout, not definitive and still not used to everything. It's mostly a pad layout, placed X on the left Grip button (dodge in my case), and the Y button on double tab on the right trackpad (lock-on on/off), and switched the real Y with tabulator. I'm still not liking it, emulating the mouse means I can't switch targets the same way as if using the right stick, I'm considering switching the trackpad from mouse to stick with mouse like emulation, it's not as precise, but it's still better aiming than a normal stick.

I left the Right Grip button for switching between functions, and this allows for extra bindings:

The left trackpad works as the d-pad, but I made it to work just by touching it, no click needed, so click is actually a 5ft button:

And when I hold Right Grip it shifts to this:

You can configure shifted functions on both trackpads (10 total binds), on the analogue stick (not using it), and on the face buttons (ABXY, 8 total binds).

My current shift layout for my right thumb is 1-9 from the numpad for weapon and palette switch, that was basically the only thing I used my keyboard for in combat

I also just got Steam controller, I want to play PSO2 with Steam controller but in my case not working, I don't know how or why it not work, maybe the PSo2 isn't recognize the Steam controller as controller or I might doing something wrong in set up.

How do you make it work with PSo2 can you break down step by step, I got into big picture mode to config controller like normal, I thought it should work on PSo2 after I configure big picture mode.

You MUST launch the game through Steam, and Big Picture is mandatory in order to configure the controller, once you are ok with all the parameters, you can launch without Big Picture and Steam will load it.

Outside of Steam the pad only works as a mouse and only for navigating windows.

k i know what i'm giving myself this xmas.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    You MUST launch the game through Steam, and Big Picture is mandatory in order to configure the controller, once you are ok with all the parameters, you can launch without Big Picture and Steam will load it.

Outside of Steam the pad only works as a mouse and only for navigating windows.
    Can you help me, I'm current using PSO2 tweaker so which file should I choose to launch without using PSO2 tweaker.

OMFG in the most recent update they added something I actually asked them by mail! I'll guess I was not the only one asking this: an on screen keyboard that pops up and you can customize, they made it up to 16 buttons, configurable on size, opacity, position or even icons and colours (buggy right now), suddenly my controller got so many spare buttons lol

Quote Originally Posted by timesyndicate View Post
    Can you help me, I'm current using PSO2 tweaker so which file should I choose to launch without using PSO2 tweaker.
    Add the tweaker to Steam:

1. Open Steam
    2. top menus - Games - Add a non steam game to my library
    3. Select Tweaker
    4. Launch Tweaker from your library

If the steam layout pops up when you launch the game and after gameguard then it's working, if it doesn't check some tweaker options, they may fix it.

ok I kind giving up on the setting, it's confusing me, I add tweaker into library and launch the game, but the steam layout didn't pop up. My set up is normal game pad not the high precision game pad, it should be work because normal game pad should work like 360 of Xbox one controller.

If the overlay doesn't work, the controller will not work, solve that problem first, go into tweaker options, and check every option, I think to remember there is something related to the steam overlay there.

Or make a search, google shows a lot of discussions regarding this:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221820

Well I ran issue with controller even I get Tweaker into overlay, it seem word can't describe how about video to show you my problem. Control layout Game-pad style, border less.

youtube.com/watch?v=eV043g7katg

And one more, this is a non steam launch, direct launch from twitch still having issue

.youtube.com/watch?v=6WV8UHmjtI4