Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Default PSOW Fighting Game thread!

I'm surprised we don't have a fighting game thread, in some ways. What's everyone down for in fighting games nowadays? I've taken some time off of USFIV, but hoping to get into V eventually. Play Smash 4 3DS every now and then, though I definitely don't have a lot of practice in that game. Got Blazblue and Skullgirls on Steam as well. Anybody is welcome in here for fighting games! Would love to get rounds going and get some practice in with people. Also welcome is Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and whatever else you got in the same vein! Let's get SALTY.

EVO 2016 venue announced, along with game lineup as well. http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/108...ken-smash-bros I'd love to go this year, hopefully can at least plan to go, even if I can't compete yet. Or at least, feel competent enough to compete.

Last one I played was that anime crossover from Sega, I was actually surprised / disappointed most attacks I though were special attacks are actually a 1 button thing, kind of changed my impressions from the game (from watching some combats in AnimEVO15).

KOFXIII is still my current favourite thing in the genre, EVO14 finals were awesome, but I'm scared with KOF14...

I hope SFV is more like III and not IV.

And talking about awesome classic games, Ono used once again the card "let's extortion our fans" talking about Rival Schools and CAPvsSNK possible comebacks depending on possible compilation sales, the same as they did with Darkstalkers. The thing is... I wouldn't really mind a Rival Schools Project Justice collection lol

It feels kinda hard to place SFV. I played a bit of the beta, and it definitely doesn't feel like IV, but it doesn't feel as much like III to me either. I also didn't play III very extensively, since I just thought it was alright. Neutral game in SFV is going to be important, same with buttons and footsies/whiffs.

I tried KOFXIII, but I think my SF mind is too simple for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I tried KOFXIII, but I think my SF mind is too simple for it.
    That's what happens to me when I play GG/BB lol too many combinations with too many different buttons with different results, KOF, after all, is still punch or kick when it comes to specials (in fact it's simpler than SF, it doesn't have a middle attack)

KOF's inputs are what usually throw me off. They're pretty cool though. BB had a shitton of combinations for directionals and strengths. At least they weren't distance based like USFIV's though, I'm glad they got rid of that in V.

The only one I play with any regularity is Smash Bros, but I haven't been anywhere near competitive since Melee came out.

I'm a huge fan of the Street Fighter series (and fighting games in general) from afar, though. I'm just way too awful at them to really play them.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Oh. I thought we were turning PSOW into a fighting game.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Oh. I thought we were turning PSOW into a fighting game.
    It's... not one?

Anyway melee best game of all time.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

My reflexes are just too of an old man's for Smash Bros competitive play, heck they are even slow to fight against the machine xd but at least my friends have as bad reflexes as I have.

If anyone's got fighting games on Steam, I'd love to go for some rounds eventually. I'm definitely not tourney tier, but I'm still learnin'.