Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tweaker not launching the game since the update

After the update, after clicking "launch" on the tweaker does nothing

It just hides the Tweaker like usual, and the process appears on the task manager, but the game wont launch, no vids, no "press enter" screen, nothing

Tried all the basics (filecheck, disabling proxy, etc, etc), none of those work

So, any recommendations/ideas as to what might be happening and how to solve it?

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

I'm getting a similar problem. The Tweaker says there is something wrong with the gameguard folder. When I try to launch, it does nothing. A couple of minutes later, I get a message saying: "PSO2 doesn't appear to have opened yet. This can be caused by Gameguard issues...." No matter what I try, it doesn't work. Going through the troubleshooting seems to do nothing! What's gong on, guys?!

look here , guys http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=7406&page=1
    its definitely a problem for windows XP, but could happen on other OS too i guess?
    Tweaker has nothing to do with it, blame SEGA

I just re-downloaded the tweaker and didn't run the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kole View Post
    I just re-downloaded the tweaker and didn't run the update.
    But, did that fix it for you? or you meant that even doing that didnt work for you

And if it worked, does the outdated tweaker still transate items and such?

What kind of Anti-virus program do you use? I remember having an issue where Nprotect was being blocked by AVG without my notification, and I was forced to uninstall it in order for PSO2 to launch properly.

Another likely issue is if you have prompts or pop-ups blocked for certain programs since it will prompt you to update the tweaker version or add the latest patch content to PSO2.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic86549_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Elsa View Post
    What kind of Anti-virus program do you use? I remember having an issue where Nprotect was being blocked by AVG without my notification, and I was forced to uninstall it in order for PSO2 to launch properly.

Another likely issue is if you have prompts or pop-ups blocked for certain programs since it will prompt you to update the tweaker version or add the latest patch content to PSO2.
    I use avast and has never given me any problems, and i tested deactivating it anyways

And no, any tweaker pop-ups appear properly, i even had another update pop yesterday

I tried replacing tweaker with the outdated version (just to rule out everything) and it didnt work either, apparently it's indeed a problem with XP, which SEGA doesnt seem really interested on fixing (the link the other guy posted from the official site says "we will look into it", but it's been a whole week already, unless they wanted to wait for the next maintenance)

man, i gave you link to official statement, that confirmed a problem on their side, same day you asked
    but you keep listen to other people about tweaker or antivirus stuff
    look at icon there, if its purple , they still working on it , if its blue they finished, hope it helps you

p.s sorry for bad english
    Last edited by Dammy; Dec 1, 2015 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    man, i gave you link to official statement, that confirmed a problem on their side, same day you asked
    but you keep listen to other people about tweaker or antivirus stuff
    look at icon there, if its purple , they still working on it , if its blue they finished, hope it helps you

p.s sorry for bad english
    oh no no, dont get me wrong, of course i checked that link the day you posted it, it's just that i didnt mention it until replying to the other guy/girl

But didnt know that the purple icon would change if SEGA found a solution and fixed it, so, thx a lot for that extra info, hope it gets fixed on this maintenance

despite they did not update(probably testing or waiting for feedback) , it works for me now, check it guys

p.s. just realized my previous post looks a bit offensive, didn't mean to be that