Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Guren Tessen cancel dash info (WIP)

Placeholder (busy at the moment).

There are several ways to achieve Guren Tessen cancel dash, or whatever it's called. They all have varying speed and difficulty.
    I wanted to know which methods people here prefer, and then I'll write up this post and post some video links I found a while back.

Some videos of Guren Tessen cancel in action for Time Attack (on Nico Video):
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/45505581

Quoting Z-0 for now:

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Here are the methods:

1. LA Cancel. Simple enough, make an LA occur after the first slash, then dash and forward, repeat. One of the fastest methods.
    2. Tech Cancel. Press Guard and Tech at the same time after the first slash and hold forward to turn around. Step is optional. Best done as TeBr with max Territory PP Save and -10PP Megiverse. Fastest method.
    3. W+X. Basically, if you press forward and step at the same time, you'll step out of Guren. Must wait slightly though so you don't do the slash. Average speed. You can also do this method with keyboard's double tap; press the first one before the slash, second after the slash.
    4. Guard Cancel. Hit guard after the first slash and turn around manually. Kind of slow.
    5. Normal Cancel. Use a normal attack after the first slash and turn around. Slowest method.
    6. Wall. You can use a wall to just step out of Guren without any special methods, but obviously this can't work in many places.

Personally I just do W+X since it's the easiest if you bind it to a button.

The hardest part of Guren is not necessarily executing the dash though, it's using TPS correctly to avoid dashing into enemies. If you go into TPS too late, you'll dash at the nearest targettable object, while exiting TPS too late will cause your camera to turn around and fuck your direction. Exiting it too early as well will cause you to go for enemies.
    And some info from Escarlata:

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Somethings to add @ TC Guren, technically you dont have to press Tech at the same time with KG. Guren is cancelled with a tech (usually Megiverse) while turning around, then the tech cancelled with a KG, into another Guren; pressing at the same time just makes it easier but is not possible for some PCs
    Also, Ilzan can be used with ハライホウシュン for non-tech native classes, and is actually easier to do because you just need to right click again after a Guren. Sucks to not have efficient Ilzan though.
    Video of Ra/Br doing TC Guren with Ilzan.

More info in the posts below.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 5, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

I just do PA -> hold shift -> press forward -> PA -> rinse and repeat
    For more efficency, PA -> hold shift -> press forward -> dash -> PA -> rinse and repeat
    Last edited by Sora3100; Dec 4, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

guren > normal attack > w+dash > guren ...

Does there really need to be a whole thread/guide/discussion for this?

Considering that it's half the reason people are using Braver right now, and that it's quite essential for TD3, then I'd say yes, it's worthy of its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Considering that it's half the reason people are using Braver right now, and that it's quite essential for TD3, then I'd say yes, it's worthy of its own thread.
    >playing td3
    >playing br

pick one

I have yet discovered how to perform LA cancel so for now I just guren > W+step > repeat.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Here are the methods:

1. LA Cancel. Simple enough, make an LA occur after the first slash, then dash and forward, repeat. One of the fastest methods.
    2. Tech Cancel. Press Guard and Tech at the same time after the first slash and hold forward to turn around. Step is optional. Best done as TeBr with max Territory PP Save and -10PP Megiverse. Fastest method.
    3. W+X. Basically, if you press forward and step at the same time, you'll step out of Guren. Must wait slightly though so you don't do the slash. Average speed. You can also do this method with keyboard's double tap; press the first one before the slash, second after the slash.
    4. Guard Cancel. Hit guard after the first slash and turn around manually. Kind of slow.
    5. Normal Cancel. Use a normal attack after the first slash and turn around. Slowest method.
    6. Wall. You can use a wall to just step out of Guren without any special methods, but obviously this can't work in many places.

Personally I just do W+X since it's the easiest if you bind it to a button.

The hardest part of Guren is not necessarily executing the dash though, it's using TPS correctly to avoid dashing into enemies. If you go into TPS too late, you'll dash at the nearest targettable object, while exiting TPS too late will cause your camera to turn around and fuck your direction. Exiting it too early as well will cause you to go for enemies.
    Last edited by Z-0; Dec 4, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks for the various detailed, informative and helpful posts, everyone.

To the people questioning the need for this thread:
    When Guren Tessen was first implemented, I figured out how to do it by guard cancelling, but I've seen JP people do one after another with insane speed.
    Have you seen U.D. hanging around Ship 2? He has some videos showing this. You can see them here.

I knew there were various methods, so I wanted to know how they were doing the faster methods.
    However, when I tried looking it up in both English and Japanese, I couldn't find any good explanations.
    Even in Japanese, there were some videos and people asking how, but nobody answering.
    I was thinking about it eariler and decided it'd help some people out there to make a guide thread.

It may seem like a simple thing to figure out, but the fact that there are so many variations is probably worthy of addressing.
    It's not "necessary" per se, but there will always be someone out there who'll want to know.
    Similarly, if you feel you already know everything there is to know, then you don't need to read this thread.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM.