Default Can i play pso2 on my vita without vpn?

Hello so got me a memory card and pso2 vita hard copy for birthday and as such am excited to play on my vita my problem is i want to play this on the go in panara at college ect... my question is as i live in the US will i get banned if i dont use a vpn when i play? Ive had my account for over 2 years now and would dread losing it for using an unhidden panara bread wifi connection.
    Last edited by kingcalenhad; Dec 16, 2015 at 11:04 AM. Reason: put van instead of can

You should be fine I assume. Sega in japan gives cafe points for going to certain places and connection to their wifi. So I think you should be fine.

Thank you for the response but I understand that going to multiple cafes/ other wifi hotspots doesnt get you banned but my gripe is because the wifi is being generated from a US wifi connection can that wifi ip address red flag me?
    Last edited by kingcalenhad; Dec 16, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcalenhad View Post
    Thank you for the response but I understand that going to multiple cafes/ other wifi hotspots doesnt get you banned but my gripe is because the wifi is being generated from a US wifi connection can that wifi ip address red flag me?
    SEGA doesn't actively look for foreign IPs, so you should be fine. Still, it technically is a bannable offense to play the game outside of Japan. I wouldn't worry, though.

Ok thank you for the verification i logged in last night and forgot i didnt have a vpn on the vita and got crazy anxious pso2 is the only mmo ive ever consistently played lol

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

You dont need a vpn period in the US.

if you can't open pso2.jp site without proxy, you won't be able to play on that connection
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Wow! I never knew you didnt meed vpn in us i just followed the downloading guide when i first got on is it safer to just directly play without the vpn on?

Yes, I've been playing on the vita for over a year with no problems (including OTP lololol)