Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

See? The way we're Anga farming, skipping waves in EQs, and multi-shipping / transferring...none of this is cheating, but we're cheesing the entire game.

I don't understand. You talk down on grinding, yet playing efficiently to reduce the grind to as little as possible isn't okay either?

I'm saying the whole situation is bad. Not enough non-grindy content, and joyless players who reduce everything into a manufacturing process.

And what if playing efficiently is what others enjoy?

Fine then, if you want to resort to " everything is opinion," then let's work with a generality: MOST people enjoy diverse and interesting tasks. This is not some outlandish assertion.

If someone played Mario Stage 1-1 over and over even after getting it perfect, we'd be like "WTF?" But in an MMO it's okay because you get something that makes you 1% stronger after 2,000 runs.

For anyone who lives under general economics, this is not a good use of time.

Let's face it: MMO makers know we are completionists with too much pride to walk away when we finally realize that reasonable progression has been quietly taken away. Instead, we resort to back-handed behaviors and douchey practices to continue progression at any cost. No more!
    Last edited by MidCap; Dec 20, 2015 at 02:09 PM.

In an MMO it's okay because our runs our more engaging and dynamic than playing Mario stage 1-1 over and over again. And your math is quite off, 2,000 runs for 1% strength.

Perhaps MMOs are not the right genre for you and should try offline games?

Playing games efficiently is back-handed and douchey? Really?

Not a good use of time? General economics? Seriously?
    Last edited by GreenArcher; Dec 20, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

Spending more time in menus than actually playing, and exploiting the game's spawn system, exiting, and remaking the game till you get what you want are dumb. It's basically the PSO2 version of piping, and nobody from PSO1 is proud of that.

"Man, I remember back in the day on PSO2 when, instead of taking a break and waiting for some better content, we navigated menus and played 2-minute runs to get shiny weapons that we had nowhere to go with!"

What a legacy.
    Last edited by MidCap; Dec 20, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

Except you can't get what you want any other way, because SEGA doesn't let us.

Entirely their fault for making the game this way.

Okay, so maybe you're now seeing those are bad design decisions? And if that's basically the entire game now, then why are you accepting of it?

Have any JP players expressed dissatisfaction with the current state? I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    Okay, so maybe you're now seeing those are bad design decisions? And if that's basically the entire game now, then why are you accepting of it?

Have any JP players expressed dissatisfaction with the current state? I honestly don't know.
    here is my strong opinion on this, TRIGGER WARNING:

if there is something that is allowing SEGAC for shitty design practices, it's players who don't actively abuse the design i mean, why would some corporate care about players as long as they a) have player retention b) get new players c) players spending doesn't decrease
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget