Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Player View Post
    I...well....yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiketsu View Post
    I seriously hope that, from now on, they pull even more crazy shit like this.
    If this is just an exception, I'm gonna be disappointed.
    Except that this is not "crazy shit."

This is settling into the lukewarm, no-risk theme of generic teenage girls in what is, for all intents and purposes, modern Japan. Gee, because we've never fucking seen that before.

Need I remind you that we just got off the climax of a story with evil space gods and time travel over multiple worlds. THAT is Phantasy Star. That has always been Phantasy Star, since 1987. This? This is the same dull as a brick setting I've seen in anime after anime over the past decade, with paint-by-numbers characters.

But let's be real: We should all know why this is happening. This is tying the game into that god-awful looking anime spin-off, a spin-off that only exists as it does because Sword Art Online got popular, and SEGA is nothing if not desperate to chase 30 meters behind the biggest trend. Fuck the lore, fuck integrity, fuck any semblance of logical story progression, gotta go fast if you're gonna chase that money.

Jump that shark. Jump it hard.

OP here. This really blew up @_@

AkuTenshiiZero: You are an excellent writer and you're very good at illustrating and defending your points. I feel like you took the words right out of my mind and in a manner that was clearer and more striking than I could have ever hoped to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by AkuTenshiiZero View Post
    Except that this is not "crazy shit."

This is settling into the lukewarm, no-risk theme of generic teenage girls in what is, for all intents and purposes, modern Japan. Gee, because we've never fucking seen that before.

Need I remind you that we just got off the climax of a story with evil space gods and time travel over multiple worlds. THAT is Phantasy Star. That has always been Phantasy Star, since 1987. This? This is the same dull as a brick setting I've seen in anime after anime over the past decade, with paint-by-numbers characters.

But let's be real: We should all know why this is happening. This is tying the game into that god-awful looking anime spin-off, a spin-off that only exists as it does because Sword Art Online got popular, and SEGA is nothing if not desperate to chase 30 meters behind the biggest trend. Fuck the lore, fuck integrity, fuck any semblance of logical story progression, gotta go fast if you're gonna chase that money.

Jump that shark. Jump it hard.
    I myself will give it a chance before I make any verdict. And by chance, I mean a few episodes. It would be wrong to pass judgement on something that isn't even released yet. So I will wait before deciding if it is good or not.

Also.

PSO2 Episode 4 hurts so bad that I don't even want to play PSO1 now; knowing that the story in which I am participating, through a manner of convoluted events that I cannot keep track of, eventually leads to THIS point.

<_<

Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    I'll try it before I judge it harshly. Yes, on the surface, the new story aspects seem a bit inconsistent -- but that's something I've learned to expect from PSO2 very early on.

I'm probably in the minority; I play PSO2 solo 99.8% of the time, and the main draw for me (admittedly) is the story. It's been easy for me to turn a blind eye to things that don't seem to 'fit' within the setting from my perspective. Hopefully it'll remain easy when I'm Sonic sprinting through the streets of Tokyo killing dinosaurs on Earth alongside kawaii schoolgirls(?)

I think it's worth a shot, at least. I don't think it's fair to cry RUINED before we even get a chance to play it. Who knows, you might even like it?
    same here (or i play with 1-2 friends) and lets be real its a space sci fi they can make any bs happen for any reason

Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Player View Post
    "Let's change the game"
    Ahahahahahaha

You guys are too fast to pass judgement on things. Wait until it releases first before you pass judgement on it. Besides, as one person mentioned, you might even like it. So for now, just wait until you actually pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    I'll try it before I judge it harshly. Yes, on the surface, the new story aspects seem a bit inconsistent -- but that's something I've learned to expect from PSO2 very early on.

I'm probably in the minority; I play PSO2 solo 99.8% of the time, and the main draw for me (admittedly) is the story. It's been easy for me to turn a blind eye to things that don't seem to 'fit' within the setting from my perspective. Hopefully it'll remain easy when I'm Sonic sprinting through the streets of Tokyo killing dinosaurs on Earth alongside kawaii schoolgirls(?)

I think it's worth a shot, at least. I don't think it's fair to cry RUINED before we even get a chance to play it. Who knows, you might even like it?
    Same here. I don't understand why people are getting on like this when they have yet to even dip their toe into the water to see if it's cold or not. Calling it "ruined" before playing anything yet is just ridiculous. I'll just wait until I can play it before saying if it's good or bad. And honestly, call me a fool, because I know for a fact that I'll still enjoy PSO2 even when EP4 comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Konquer View Post
    saints row 4 does ridiculous things like these and nobody rages about it.
    only 1 and 2 was good
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama