Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Character Creator Help - Make my boy look like a man

My character right now looks like a shota, but I want him to look more like a mature teenager. Less shota and more senpai material. I have two pictures as reference for my character.
    http://prntscr.com/9hpr00 Body shot
    http://prntscr.com/9hpr8w Close up
    Please help me because it's hard for me to make a teenage character without their face looking too young. If you can upload the character data for me, I'd appreciate that too or tell me what I have to do. I know there are some really talented character makers out there that can help me with this dilemma. I turn to the community for guidance.
    Please help me

give up

embrace the shota

Which face type are you using? If you're not using Youthful, you'll have a hard time making a more "mature" face.
    Reduce eye size; proportion of eye size to face size is a visual indicator to age with this style, ie. the larger the eyes, typically the younger the character looks.

Use different face type if you don't want to be fuccboi.
    Then make your body taller and scale the head size accordingly.

Eyes more narrow, by which I actually mean their vertical size, not horizontal
    Wider shoulders
    Somewhat longer legs (possibly arms too) if you're going for the handsome look, or wider/more bulky in general if you're going for stout. Probably the former

That should suffice, I think

I want to make a cute boy my 3rd char, cause I like kids a lot. Tell me your secret in creating those.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    I want to make a cute boy my 3rd char, cause I like kids a lot. Tell me your secret in creating those.
    Start with the youth face base. Get reference pictures of shotas on the side so you have something to look at for key facial features. Make the eyebrows thing and the eyelashes bigger. The eyes are very key to this look because the bigger the eyes, the cuter the character looks. Make yourself look like you have puppy eyes. You'll need short hair that matches the round face. Your face should be vertically small and the chin smaller. Your height should be less than average. Make a lithe body with small shoulders. Make your character look nice with no clothes on, add clothes after. Little boys have absolutely no muscle definition. Give a round face that's thin but without getting sunken cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by xekiil1 View Post
    Start with the youth face base. Get reference pictures of shotas on the side so you have something to look at for key facial features. Make the eyebrows thing and the eyelashes bigger. The eyes are very key to this look because the bigger the eyes, the cuter the character looks. Make yourself look like you have puppy eyes. You'll need short hair that matches the round face. Your face should be vertically small and the chin smaller. Your height should be less than average. Make a lithe body with small shoulders. Make your character look nice with no clothes on, add clothes after. Little boys have absolutely no muscle definition. Give a round face that's thin but without getting sunken cheeks.
    Wow, much more elaborate than I acually expected! Thank you, now let's wait for this free 3rd char thing

In addition to what Anduril said, also do try adjusting eye-mouth distance. Eyes being more farther spaced from the mouth makes a more mature look
    Also, DAE think of that Mulan song while reading the title lmfao
    Last edited by Nyansan; Dec 23, 2015 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Even for a kid character your eyes are freakishly huge- wait that's the more recent face type no wonder. That means your char's head looks mutant-like from the side huh. And not sure if it's the outfit but, why shoulders so far apart?

Anyway just slap on 2ft, try to common sense on needed anatomy changes, don't make a weird lankey longman. Tricky cause this game's base anatomy is pretty off, it ruins everyone, so good luck.

Then the face gets pretty complicated, PSO2 men are fukken ugly LOL so at most I could tell you to make a badboy teen or something like that if you wanna stick with girlyman look.

Or wait till ep4 so you can tweak adult male face type's stupid jaw line and wonky neck shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    EXCUSE ME.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.