Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not like it matters much, but technically, the damage increase for these potentials is NOT restricted to apply only when the weapon is drawn, contrary to what the opening post lists (since you can cast techniques with a sheathed non-tech weapon, albeit for not that much damage, anyway).
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Not like it matters much, but technically, the damage increase for these potentials is NOT restricted to apply only when the weapon is drawn, contrary to what the opening post lists (since you can cast techniques with a sheathed non-tech weapon, albeit for not that much damage, anyway).
    oh you're right, let me change it

now that makes me think if these pots work with tactics trap at all

Pot1 would be wonderful for BR/tech classes for Banish techs... if only they didn't decide to handicap the T-ATK to that point that the weapon is barely equivalent to an 11* Rikauteri. They not only prevented the orbit weapons from breaking the terrible meta, they seem to be deliberately reinforcing the meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

Oh wow. I actually didn't notice that the Orbit Bow actually has T-ATK. LOL I guess I just assumed all 13* will only have ATK stats for the regular categories that they usually have.
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Oh wow. I actually didn't notice that the Orbit Bow actually has T-ATK. LOL I guess I just assumed all 13* will only have ATK stats for the regular categories that they usually have.
    Every orbit weapon has T-ATK. The non-tech ones just have handicapped T-ATK (just 1050 at +10) which makes the addition rather pointless. I think there are lower-tier T-ATK weapons of all varieties which are better.

//EDIT: Now that I think about it, the launcher and TMG probably don't aside from confectionery weapons. Maybe GU/FO would try it? Hell if I know, I hardly touch shooting classes.
    Last edited by Gamemako; Dec 25, 2015 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Well, maybe pot 1 for Tech user isn't so bad either? Especially if you're under PP Convert?

Maybe switching to other weapon type - return to Orbit for instant sheathed position?

Since .... recovering 200 PP in the span of around 2s seems pretty good. Granted, only when PP Convert is on, and you got a ton of PP pool.
    Uh, what? It looks fancy like this but when exactly are you going to use pp convert, then stand around waiting to sheathe and refill pp?
    Note that the recovery speed is the same as pp convert and simply stacks with that.
    Might as well use pp convert by itself cause the entire time you are casting and charging your techs you won't recover any pp. And dodging is not an option either, so in a fight you are a sitting duck if you want any pp recovery.

Seriously not worth the effort. It works for weapons that have good pp recovery speed on their own but not for casting.

So for Type-1, it lists +180%. That usually means x2.8 times the speed from how it's usually listed on swiki. When I saw the initial video of someone on Twiitter that had the potential right after the first TD4, it only seemed to be roughly x2 the speed. So either that was only lv1 potential, or the +180% is actually only +80%, for 180% of the base's speed. Would be great if it's x2.8.
    Twitter video description says level 3. PP Restorate is listed as 140% and is a 40% increase so Type-1 is an 80% increase. They stack for a 152% increase to PP regen speed, which puts PP regen at 12.6 per second. Under the effect of PP Convert, it becomes 75.6 PP per second.

For Type 2, PP regen speed would be 8.4 PP per second with PP Restorate and 50.4 PP with Restorate + Convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Uh, what? It looks fancy like this but when exactly are you going to use pp convert, then stand around waiting to sheathe and refill pp?
    Note that the recovery speed is the same as pp convert and simply stacks with that.
    Might as well use pp convert by itself cause the entire time you are casting and charging your techs you won't recover any pp. And dodging is not an option either, so in a fight you are a sitting duck if you want any pp recovery.

Seriously not worth the effort. It works for weapons that have good pp recovery speed on their own but not for casting.
    If anything, you can do something like Ra-Grants spam with PP Convert using another weapon, and once you are empty on PP (which you will for extended use, even with PP Convert), just switch to the Orbit Talis for 1-2 seconds (switching weapons automatically puts it in a sheathed position unless you go from Talis to Talis using a camo), then switch back and continuing spamming techs. The bigger one's PP pool, the more effective this becomes. (My PP pool is around 225, so I'm pretty happy about how fast the sheath PP recovery boost is.) Pretty sure this is what final_attack was trying to say. You won't be casting techs with the Orbit Talis, itself, since one should never do that.
    And PP Convert and this potential doesn't work the same way. PP Convert adds an additional amount of PP per "tick" (which is 1/5 of a second). Then this applies a multiplier to that amount. They do, stack, though; and luckily for us, multipliers for PP recovery is applied after all static PP-per-tick boosts, AFAIK.
    Twitter video description says level 3. PP Restorate is listed as 140% and is a 40% increase so Type-1 is an 80% increase. They stack for a 152% increase to PP regen speed, which puts PP regen at 12.6 per second. Under the effect of PP Convert, it becomes 75.6 PP per second.

For Type 2, PP regen speed would be 8.4 PP per second with PP Restorate and 50.4 PP with Restorate + Convert.
    PP Restorate is "140%", not "+140%". There's a difference. And I'm referring to how swiki lists stuff, not how the game lists stuff. Such as for THIS
    And the Twitter thing I'm referring to was on a BR main. Would be weird if they were using BRTE to show this, since it would be more logical to show it off without any other PP recovery modifiers in effect.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Dec 25, 2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typos...
    Characters

I don't follow Twitter so I wouldn't know anything about that stuff. Looking at the description again, it seems the + is put there because the potential's description says PP recovery changes but does not specify how it changes, so it's necessary to note whether it's a positive or a negative change. This is more evident with the 2nd potential since the 1st one's negative effect on PP recovery is to completely halt it.

Actually, I'm positive their +180% means x2.8 in this case, now. Or else +20% on the second potential would literally make no sense using your logic.

EDIT: Looking closely at the the PP Convert + Orbit Talis video that final_attack linked, it would support the fact that it's x2.8, too. It recovers over 200 PP in less than 2 seconds.
    (1+5)*5*1.4*2.8=117.6 for Base+PPC*ticks-per-second*PPR*Orbit, which fits with that.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Dec 25, 2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Characters