Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TAJA gives you 80% of damage. That ammount of damage is significantly big to be ignored. Maybe in Ranger the situation is different since that class receives a lot of % skills in ranged attacks, but in Hunter, and unless you have too much time to lvl up until lvl 150 (And even JA Bonus is just 20%, which is just a supplementary skill, especially for FO since JA Bonus and Tech Advance unlocks Tech JA Bonus), you really need TAJA.

I can confirm it because there is a certain point that you'll deal bosses with no element weakness, which is a huge problem if you don't have access to that skill. Furthermore, in time limited quests, the worst thing that you can do in that game is lacking of damage, and I'm talking about taking risks for dealing damage with Fang Rush or Meteor Crush, the two GAs that Altiea mentioned.

One of the things that I do for dealing that damage with TAJA with the same GA is putting Technic Usage, which allows you using techs. You don't need offensive techs since you'll lose GP dealing 1 damage to the enemies. Instead, you need at least start your GA combo with Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti depending of the situation of the quest, and then using the GA that you want.

Furthermore, Shifta and Deband are much better than in PSO2, and there is a difference between using your GAs with Shifta than using your GAs without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    Furthermore, Shifta and Deband are much better than in PSO2, and there is a difference between using your GAs with Shifta than using your GAs without it.
    Dammit, now I feel like I should've given myself Technic Usage on RA against that Vari Goldos asshole. Would've saved me so much time.

Thanks for the advice. I kinda feel silly now because by pallete I meant the skills/traits for the class like hp up, sword unlock, TAJA, etc. I did learn a bit about set up that will help though.
    PSP2: Luneth Lv. 200, Vanguard 30

Quote Originally Posted by Luneth View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I kinda feel silly now because by pallete I meant the skills/traits for the class like hp up, sword unlock, TAJA, etc. I did learn a bit about set up that will help though.
    Post-game is all about speccing for damage to force your way through the gigantic HP bars that everything gets.
    Best bets would probably be:
    Equip Sword + Step Attack = Sword Mastery
    Tech Arts Just Attack Bonus
    Fury Stance + Elemental Weak Power = Fury S Up
    Average Stance
    X Resist Down (X being your element of choice)
    Chase Advance (If you're using the Resist Down; can be removed if fighting a boss)
    GP Slayer
    GP Buster

If you have space, you can also get:
    Just Guard
    Just Reversal
    Aerial Advance (Combos with launcher GAs like Fang Assault, Average S + AA = Average S Up)
    S-ATK Up IV + Y = S-ATK Up V (Y being one of several skills; you can combo with any Hunter Stance or a movement skill like Dive Roll or Mirage Escape)

My builds as a lvl 143, if anyone is interested in learning from me:

Fury Stance build:
    Spoiler!

Guard Stance build:
    Spoiler!

The third build is incomplete since I need to train later the Pile for some ranged attacks. But with a build like this, I was able to deal until a lvl 148 quest.

Weapons:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sakarisei; Mar 25, 2016 at 06:38 AM.

I tested some stuff and all it really boils down to is that Lv150+ stuff is boring

All skills with percentages seem to be additive to each other, which is the opposite of PSO2. Basically, this means that there are points where it's better to stack base atk instead (like with Ranger's slew of percent bonuses) and also why TAJA isn't important for Ranger (if you're doing +200% from skills, TAJA is only making you do ~1.25x relatively). So, use shifta (already stated), get the most efficient atk ups, max out chain potential, and never miss JA, and you'll still be woefully bored dealing damage to bosses. Limitbreak + Asura + Deadline with weak element stances still seems like the best way to deal damage, but I haven't actually tried it yet (don't even need standing snipe or zero range advance since your percent bonus is already too high with TAJA, which I know is conflicting with what I said)

Shame, I guess
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Not exactly they're purley additive, but they're not the guarantee of dealing any quest without effort like in PSO2. In PSO2, you deal with lots of percentages because enemies in that game can die instantly with a PA with the right build, making basically any class the same as another classes with the exception of using S/R/T-ATK depending of your class. In PS Nova, at least I can guarantee you that a HU without Iron Guard and Flash Guard for Flash Tech Guard as a Skill combo helps a lot while dealing enemies with high attack power. FO really needs TAJA because if the player combines it with Tech Advance, the FO gets Tech JA Bonus, which is very important since that skill combo is only obtainable in VH if you deal with a combo of useless skills, incluiding Mirage Escape for it, iirc...

About RA and TAJA, yeah, I agree. RA has got lots of damage modifiers to ignore TAJA, but although RA can do it, RA should have a compensation for it. Believe me. 80% of damage via TAJA is a very difficult skill to replace, excepting maybe in XH when you deal the weapon masteries II when your classes learn the Weapon masteries as a skill and not as a skill combo. Ofc, RA is featured to be the best class for Chain Trigger with rifle. If you deal with Mortal Blow (Even it, you don't have much chance for it), you can change completely the battle progress sinde doubling damage is too much, with the additive of the Chain Trigger modifier.

Atm I can't play much because I'm very busy. However, I must retake that game when I've got vacations and... then, trying to deal with the final epic quests (Epic quest = Any quest with exclusively SH and not VH and SH at the same time).

If anyone can post the build for TAJA again, my data corrupted and I just got back to where I had it. I don't have a good build anymore and could use some advice! Thanks!
    PSP2: Luneth Lv. 200, Vanguard 30