Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Only when sega gives gurren the shunka treatment.

also inb4...
    guren doesn't deserve shunka treatment, for the 100th time

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    what does that sword do exactly and how do I get it lol
    It's the Dragon Slayer Weaponoid Pot.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    what does that sword do exactly and how do I get it lol
    Dragon Slayer-NT
    Weaponoid Potential - Increase normal attack damage by 60, 70, 80%

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

It boosts normal damage by 80% at lv3. You can buy it in the shop. Dragon Slayer's NT shares the same latents.

How much is that going for anyway? Last I heard it was 10m when SacBite0 released.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    How much is that going for anyway? Last I heard it was 10m when SacBite0 released.
    I heard 20m something like 2 weeks ago with 50% and potential lvl 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

do you guys think it matters which version of dragonslayer is used?

the NT one has 1051 s-atk and is hu only
    or extended reg has 1146 s-atk and can be made fi or br-able but costs to craft and has variance

~100atk isnt really worth it unless you need to add it to a fi/hu arsenal right? or is sac bite modifier so good that 100atk will make a huge diff?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    do you guys think it matters which version of dragonslayer is used?

the NT one has 1051 s-atk and is hu only
    or extended reg has 1146 s-atk and can be made fi or br-able but costs to craft and has variance

~100atk isnt really worth it unless you need to add it to a fi/hu arsenal right? or is sac bite modifier so good that 100atk will make a huge diff?
    Pretty sure the atk and access to LB wouldn't make up for the loss of Br's 50% atk adv and Hu's main class bonus (can't even think of a reason to use it as a Br main). If you could get a max extended original one for Hu main it might be better though.

LB cannot even come close to BR's loss of Attack Advance, because without BR, you cannot step attack your JAs which is one of the biggest losses of DPS (Step Attack is stronger than both first and second attack, and all aerial attacks, under Sac-0).

I've been playing with Dragon Slayer for a while since Ultimate Amduscia came out, and this is pretty much my final verdict on it:

The HuBr Dragon Slayer build basically does what HU main has always been bad at, and that is burst mobbing. HU has always had the issue where it has too much setup, too much hitstop, PAs having long executions and everything needing charge. In fast content, HU was just never able to keep up because everything would die before you were able to really pull off some big numbers.

HuBr, on the other hand, just steps and fires off an instantaneous 35K~45K damage, with more damage to follow. A full combo after a step attack means you'll be doing roughly 120K~150K+ per combo and very, very quickly.

In content where stuff dies quickly, HuBr is a very strong candidate because of this, as you get Guilty Break free of charge, since your main offense doesn't cost PP, and your damage doesn't take an eternity to actually execute. In any sort of 12/12 content where people are competent, Dragon Slayer will always out-DPS / out-parse a regular HuFi, no exceptions, assuming the content isn't something like a raid boss. (Ultimate Amduscia is a good example of this, where Dragon Slayer outshines HuFi PAs)

In comparison to HuFi, Dragon Slayer is also harder to play optimally as you lose your Hyper Armour, meaning you need to pay far more attention to your positioning and actual execution, as getting hit mid combo means you lose literally all your damage. Massive Hunter can rectify this sometimes, but MH really has an uptime of like 30%, as while it's 45 up, 45 down, you want MH for certain things and not just up when you can.

Furthermore, Dragon Slayer's bossing is not too great, as aerials do less damage and bosses tend to move a lot, and it should go without saying that any sort of content where enemies end up lasting, regular HuFi PAs will end up doing more damage overtime. It's not bad though, and the existence of a boss doesn't make Dragon Slayer drop to the bottom of the DPS race, nowhere close.

At the end of the day, to call HuBr Dragon Slayer a fad means to call HuFi itself a fad, and I'm pretty sure people don't think that is the case.
    Last edited by Z-0; Oct 27, 2016 at 11:39 PM.

I would like to argue but at this point to actually end this I would need to
    a) Have parser to parse things since boss aggro won't measure the whole quest DPS
    b) Have access to competent people which probably would mean locked MPA with tryhards
    I guess just posting faster Hu/Fi times on solo things doesn't count.

I don't really get the burst damage problem, Guilty Break approach and immediately a combo into first charge Nova gives you 20F of parrying on charge + hyper armor on the rest and should deliver at least 90k without any weakpoints or buffs besides the standard shiftas and you get some damage done by GB already. The only real issue Hu/Br wins is PP management especially when account for being able to Guilty dash without any loss to DPS due to PP lacks. Step attack is strong but it also has the issue that it's ground bound while many enemies have weakpoints high up. Nova especially after it got extra enlarged has just greater AoE, flexibility, and ability to hit weakpoints.

Oh yes and Dragon Slayer is kind of a fad if you account for the fact that Sega will be releasing stronger Swords but might not release a stronger Hu/Br specialization Sword.
    Last edited by vantpers; Oct 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM.