Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

I think its generally the Wired Lance part as yeah volg+zenith is the main bossing tool HU has. I've not used lances enough recently to say how it stacks up against the others, but it has a bit of a stigma. The big issue I think a lot of people had with them (maybe still do?) is they can be really irritating for other players in the group what with grapples causing de-locks and making enemies generally annoying for other people to hit.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Aug 4, 2016 at 09:18 AM.

Other Spin is great tho, with mini-zondeel effect. Seems rather odd to me that few people actually care about this PA.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Other spin is the main PA I use for wired lance.

Other spin, heavenly fall, grapple charge(the gap closer one) and cerb dance. I don't boss with wired lance so for mobbing other spin - > grapple charge basically 2 shots entire trash packs and it's fun.
    FUN!
    Also sword bossing is fun and good. Most fun bossing weapon imo, so much to keep track of and ways to maximize it.

They are both terrible. Blacklisted and put on parasite list terrible if people could actually see the Fi/Hu one and actually blacklisted and put on parasite list since people can see that you are Hu/Su.

Question one: what weapons do you want to use and are you really sure you want to use something like Sword only?

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    They are both terrible. Blacklisted and put on parasite list terrible if people could actually see the Fi/Hu one and actually blacklisted and put on parasite list since people can see that you are Hu/Su.

Question one: what weapons do you want to use and are you really sure you want to use something like Sword only?
    Sword and Wired Lance, depends on situation. Can't really use any other weapons. I'll suck at XH/some SH content(solo) with the normal damage builds. I'm looking for some options aside from git gud.

I dunno what content you want to do solo so much but I don't think it's worth being that guy of every MPA. My first useful advice is that the faster something is killed the less likely you are to get hit. Basic multipliers are a must. Second advice would probably be that stuff like HP or defense/resistance is generally better to be handled with your units. Those affixes are generally pretty cheap and you will probably lose less damage for more tankiness.

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

I would only recommend Fi/Hu with Hunter weapons to people who actually use LB and are experienced with the game on top of being prepared to play niche combo that might or might not be worse than Hu/Fi in single target and will be worse at multi target. Automated Halfline is generally good and reliable. The more hp you have the more powerful and reliable it is. Generally HP best be affixed on units. Iron Will will is pretty cheap and can save your ass but isn't reliable at all put points in flash guard or massive hunter if you need something that will absolutely work. I put in skills that are used with JG like All Guard or PP guard since the basics JGing should be pretty easy and survivability will sky rocket. Charge Parrying is also good and can save you even if you turn your brain off with Sword. Rest of the points is to be assigned however you want.

So I haven't played in about a year and a half or so, trying to get caught up on things and Hu/Fi was one of my more frequently used classes. I'm currently really close to getting a ray sword and generally prefer sword though I am open to trying out partisan again. What has changed in about that time and what's the current state of sword (still viable)? I've looked up a few vids that were recent so far but they're all partisan. As I said I'm open to using the other two weapons as well if anyone wants to give me a run down.

Partizan got a rework that lowered PP cost of some PAs and buffed damage of others etc without touching the most powerful stuff. Similar buffs to Wired Lance. Sword was mostly buffed indirectly. There are also skill rings you will want to grind.

Power ranking in damage currently is generally somewhere around the lines of Force > Fighter >> Bouncer = Hunter = Braver > Techer >> really useless class combos. Didn't bother putting ratk since their performance is all over the place depending on the content. Hunter is generally middle tier with the 3 weapons being pretty balanced.

Sword has 2 useless PAs (Cruel Throw and Stun Coincido) one PA that will often not find its way on your palette (Sonic Arrow) and one PA that isn't really useful on its own but you have to use it for your damage buff (Sacrifice Bite). Sword has the lowest DPS on dummy targets out of the 3 Hunter weapons and what you want to do is abuse Ignite Parrying and Sonic Arrow Just Guard, on which later, a lot to raise it. Ignite Parrying just does too much damage compared to every other PA. But protip: don't use Ignite Parrying if it won't hit or you aren't gonna parry an attack with it.

You get new skill called charge parrying that makes any Hunter weapon have guard frames during 0.7 seconds since the beginning of any charge which is a big thing for Sword and Partizan. You get skill rings which you should look up on bumped or some other site. Basically the two L rings you are looking for are Sonic Arrow/Rising Flag Just Guard (releases buffed version of the PA every time you Just Guard) and Hunter Gear Save (reduces rate at which gear disappears). R rings are Perfect Keeper for free 3% damage and PP convert for PP. There are also nice things like Just Guarding a blow in the air stopping your fall that was added somewhere in EP3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcw4VZw-tww
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdD8BDjcPo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4o9JQdcz80
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rbYRnePpmc
    Don't mind the FFVII cosplay, still some good Sword videos.
    Last edited by vantpers; Aug 29, 2016 at 06:17 AM.

So sword is still viable then. I will branch out and try partisan as well if I can get ahold of a 13* one just for a bit more flexibility. Thanks for the info/links.