Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    Crafted Twister Fall doesn't have any hitstop, making it extremely safe and easy to shift guard out of unlike everything else. Also you shouldn't run Hu/Br since you'll be significantly weaker than if you had subbed Fi. Sword and Katana pretty much overlap in their purpose anyway which is mobbing, so taking both is redundant. Charge Parry is very good as it allows Sword to play more aggressively, 3 points is the least you should put into it imo, you get half a second to parry at start up to nullify damage completely.
    Huh, interesting. I did notice that with Nova Strike there are weird moments where I can't guard cancel during the technique.

In my defense, Fighter doesn't let me use Katanas though and it's practically better on almost any main in general because of its massive damage multipliers. But I don't like minmaxing at the expense of fun which is why I decided to go Hu/Br because I like using Katanas and Swords. There aren't any weapons on Fighter that I particularly like at all, which is probably why I don't use it outside of gunslashing or something. I actually don't use Sword for mobbing because I find that it's too slow and has poor mobility compared to the Katana, so I use it more for bossing like hitting weakpoints and the like. Although I feel like that's more of a preference for me. I heard Partizans are amazing for bossing, but I don't like them for some reason so I never used them... D:

If you want a good combo for sandbags like Magatsu and you're sure you can survive his attacks while in the middle of your own, Rising Edge > Nova Strike is the best it's gonna get unless you uncraft your Twister Fall, which you shouldn't imo. Sword just doesn't have high DPS regardless.
    Yeah, I originally did that too but then just started using Nova Strike because Magatsu likes to move away from you when you Rising Edge which leads to a 50-foot drop from the platforms. Although if I ever finish leveling my Fighter and use it as a sub I'll probably do that to take advantage of Tech Arts.

If I where to use one sword on my palette what PAs would you recommend? I very rarely used sword out side of sonic arrow cheese so I kinda wanna start learning them.

Guilty Break is your gap closer and go-to attack for pretty much any 12 man MPA that has you killing mobs. It builds gear quickly.

Sacrifice's Bite gives you a power and attack speed increase and should be active all times. Grab a tiny enemy or anything that staggers easily to get the stage 3 buff which stays active for 60 seconds.

Crafted Twister Fall is your safe DPS attack that allows you to move around and hit enemies while you use it. The strongest part of the PA is the shockwave after you drop to the ground. It's has weaker DPS vs. uncrafted, but it's mobility and versatility makes it better.

Rising Edge is your aerial and DPS attack that hits high reach weak points and enemies. It's good to TAJA with this PA into Crafted Twister Fall, Nova Strike, and Over End. Don't miss any of it's swings or you lose a lot of damage.

Nova Strike is your main mobbing attack. Also the best attack to use after Rising Edge for DPS. Again, don't miss any of it's swings.

Over End is your situational mobbing attack. It's very good when you're in the proper position for it to work, otherwise it's very bad. The first two swings are meh, but the final cleave is strong enough to shred enemies like XH Goldarahs in seconds. Do not use it for bossing unless you're waiting for a boss to get range for the final cleave, Rising > Nova is stronger, faster, and cheaper.

Ride Slasher is your mobility mobbing attack and is also a good PA for bosses that stop you from moving through itself like Loser and Train Ghidoran to take all the hits. The strongest part of the PA is the spin after you finish traveling. It also builds gear quickly.

Ignition Parry is your situational bossing attack. If you parry properly, it'll become your highest DPS attack, however the parry window is stupidly small and missing it makes this PA terrible. Use it for bosses with easy reads or high aggressiveness, otherwise, don't use it.

Sonic Arrow is redundant as Guilty Break doubles as a gap closer and gear builder, Cruel Throw is just bad, and Stun Concido is a stun which is useless.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jul 18, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

also which ring is best for sword? sonic arrow?

Gear Save.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]

Sonic Arrow is redundant as Guilty Break doubles as a gap closer and gear builder, Cruel Throw is just bad, and Stun Concido is a stun which is useless.
    Actually this is incorrect. Sonic Arrow is superior to Guilty Break for building gear because it penetrates through multiple targets and seems to increase its number of hits actively with your gear which allows you to build it up very quickly. In addition it increase gear more per hit than Guilty Break does, with a single hit on an enemy from zero gear with no JA boosting your gear up to 50% with only 1 point into Gear Boost skill. In fact, I would recommend using Sonic Arrow before using Guilty Break, as throwing it into a crowd maxes out your gear instantly which allows you to charge up Guilty Break for maximum damage.

If you're using one point for Gear Boost, then Sonic Arrow would be better than Guilty Break for building gear, but if you have it maxed, Guilty Break more or less does the very same thing but gets you in the position you need to be to do your proper mobbing attacks. It's dependent on your SP allocation to decide if you should use it not.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]

How does charge parrying work?

Basically, when you use a charged Photon Art say like Rising Slash, for the first .70 seconds (When maxed) of charge up, you can use it to parry an attack.

Think of it like you are going to just guard, but with a PA rather than your guard button.

If you're using one point for Gear Boost, then Sonic Arrow would be better than Guilty Break for building gear, but if you have it maxed, Guilty Break more or less does the very same thing but gets you in the position you need to be to do your proper mobbing attacks. It's dependent on your SP allocation to decide if you should use it not.
    I haven't run with maxed out Gear Boost in awhile, so I'll have to try it. I would argue though that Sonic Arrow would still be better since it lets you hit multiple mobs from a distance which then allows you to charge your Guilty Break for 110% damage according to the wiki. However, I'm speaking from a bossing perspective since I almost always only use sword for bossing, so a charged Guilty Break is likely better--at least in my opinion--when you need to deal a lot of damage to a single target as opposed to using an uncharged GB to get you into a mob group. I don't use it too much for mobbing outside of TDs where I'm usually already in the middle of a mob group, but I do concede that SA+GB is pretty PP heavy although Sword seems fairly efficient pp-wise.

Also, I've noticed with Sonic Arrow that if you hit an enemy up close, your sword will also hit them for extra damage if they are in range. Am I just being paranoid or is this actually true?