Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast

Wanna play TD as Hunter? Grab dragonslayer and play Hu/Br, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Wanna play TD as Hunter? Grab dragonslayer and play Hu/Br, problem solved.
    no need, that screenshot i posted was with a simple PA based gameplay with a ray sword no cheap tricks involved ("cheap" because preparing a dragonslayer for techer style gameplay hunter isnt cheap afaik)

anyway, i made a small vid showing what i mentioned about using guilty break cancel to quickly move around
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

That screenshot you posted was from TD3, which is AIS bum rush city, and I had thought anything under 6k was low, but maybe I'm mistaken. If it was TD2 or maybe Necky's, I would be more convinced, not sure why you posted that screenshot to be honest. A Hu/Br doesn't need PP and is always generating gear from normals, I find the mobility a lot more consistent over my Hu/Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    That screenshot you posted was from TD3, which is AIS bum rush city, and I had thought anything under 6k was low, but maybe I'm mistaken. If it was TD2 or maybe Necky's, I would be more convinced, not sure why you posted that screenshot to be honest. A Hu/Br doesn't need PP and is always generating gear from normals, I find the mobility a lot more consistent over my Hu/Fi.
    i understand your point. I did got a rank 1 with sword from the TD2 that happened yesterday, unfortunally i didnt knew the TD results also dissapear from the UI for the pics saved on the SEGA folder so it doesnt show the results :c. IŽll try to get another one the next time TD2 pops up

my point there is that dragonslayer is good, but is not the "only" meta way to play sword, in the "a 13* isnt as good as dragonslayer" way, heres a time test vs a bal rhodos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3SLsCMvm4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIBvLu-vNI

from the moment he recived the first hit from each of us the kill time difference is just a second in favor of dragonslayer, and im not using austere, i was using a off element ray sword.could have probably done so faster if i were on element like that dragonslayer user or used a faster PA other than overend to finish him off.

anyway im not trying to turn this into a dragonslayer vs 13* debate. My point is like i said before that you dont need a dragonslayer to play meta with sword. is good? hell yeah is good, but is not the "only" way. it ends up becoming a matter of gameplay preference; want to play like a te/hu with sword, dont want to farm a 13* wep but want to be as effective as a one? use dragonslayer. like the normal PA gameplay and are good at rotating your PAs and you have a good weapon? go 13*

me personally i rigged my PAs to my g600 mouse side buttons in order to have a extremely agresive gameplay with sword wich i enjoy a lot and wouldnt change for dragonslayer any day, if i want to play normal hits only ill go play te/hu
    Last edited by Batty; Nov 14, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Hu/Br can easily outdamage most of braindead Hunters really. You can't go wrong by just getting Automated Halfline and doing the usual rotations but Hu/Br can go better. If Hu/Fi uses Gix without automated and some skill then it should be better than Hu/Br unless it's something like fast TD5 with many mobbing classes. Getting to dash everywhere with Guilty Break for free and never have to worry about gear or PP when lane switching is a huge advantage over normal Hu/Fi.

Which is better between Hu/Fi and Hu/Br if you aren't using Dragon Slayer? I know the post above goes over this in terms of TD, but in general what are the pros and cons for each subclass?.
    Last edited by nickwhat; Nov 14, 2016 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwhat View Post
    Which is better between Hu/Fi and Hu/Br if you aren't using Dragon Slayer? I know the post above goes over this in terms of TD, but in general what are the pros and cons for each subclass?.
    for non dragonslayer gameplay hu/br is easier to play because you dont have to rotate stances nor manage anything, however hu/fi will give you higher numbers thanks to skills like pp slayer, tech arts JA bonus and the higher multipliers in brave/wise stance, however you will need to learn to stance dance with wise/br and to manage your PP to keep pp slayer on

Quote Originally Posted by nickwhat View Post
    I haven't used any 13 star swords, since all I have is a +10 Anga, but I would think it's not too far behind. I thought someone compared it in 4rt earlier. I honestly believe Hu/Br has better options to surviving, as long as you have a decent amount of HP. I have 1400 on my Hu/Br, and each Just Recover is enough to laugh at anything in Ult or TDs. I use quick mate instead of automate because of this. Might also ditch Charge Parrying down to 1 point and remove Massive Hunter. The need for either hasn't appeared enough for me to want them. Probably dump the points in IW and NGU, like this.

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Anyone else knows much more about Hu/Fi gameplay than me, and my post about going TD as a Hu/Br with Dragonslayer was just poking fun. I just find it hilarious crossing an entire TD map to be at whatever spawn you want.

thats another fair point too with hu/br, J reversal cover helps a lot with survability, automate should be enough though to keep you alive as long as you dont run out of them or eat a massive hit with around 60% health like big vharda vacum/laser combo.

charge parry is usefull for survability and keep offensive, but a bit overkill imo, if one has enough reflexes to parry attacks with a PA it might as well do it with ignition parry for a strong counterattack

sword wise, besides dragonslayer for the normal hits gameplay, the current best 13*s are orbit, austere and gix (if you use something else instead of automate like iron will) for hu/fi ray sword, if you managed to get it when the sheets were up, was also a nice choice because the good damage and synergy on the pp portion of the pot with tech arts PP save, letting you have more control on your pp to maintain PP slayer on

Hu/Br is pretty garbage without Dragon Slayer and miles behind Hu/Fi. JR cover is pretty bad since you lose uptime either way without air reversal ring.

Charge Parry is useful to have at 4 points at least. More points isn't an overkill since you want to keep a nice combo going with your Just Attacks. Charge Parry does a lot of thing Ignite doesn't do, like letting you launch PAs with more AoE, recover more than 5% hp 10PP per PA, or simply do damaget in situations where you would whiff your Ignite or SAJG either way.

As for Sword you should go straight for Gix and trash any Austere Sword you happen to have. Fuck Orbit too.