Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast

The best sustain damage on a mostly immobile enemy is still volg->pick-up throw
    The most reliable up-close burst for a more mobile boss is volg->assault buster/slide end->trick rave/skewer type-0 depending on your distance from your target or if it moves too far after the assault/slide for trick rave to land all hits. Need to be in the air at low altitude for trick rave to land all hits into the volg.
    You can try volg->skewer type-0->trick rave but it might feel slower due to the longer charge time on skewer which means the volg gets ignited a bit later. Depends on the situation I guess.
    Long-range burst is volg->skewer type-0 x2
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Apr 5, 2017 at 11:29 AM.

thanks a lot now that we are talking about weapons, what are the advantages of each weapon over the other? to this point i only been using sword more than anything and WL ocasionally
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Is there a pa you can squeeze in before or after a Peak Up Throw during a volg combo? Even if not all the hits of the pa connect, a pa where enough damage is dealt in the remaining time to make it worth using?
    I sometimes try for a speed rain after Peak Up but I can't really tell how effective it is, I rarely get to actually see the damage I do with volg, the game usually prioritizes other people's damage numbers.
    Last edited by Ryuhou; Apr 6, 2017 at 04:59 AM.

Volg--> regular skewer--> zenith--> normal attack works as an easy burst. You can replace the normal attack with slide end or assault buster, but timing may be too strict and overall is not very pp efficent.

Thanks but I like my crafted skewer lol.
    I have a hard time confirming it, is it worth to start Speedrain after Peak Up and getting 2-3 hits to coutn for volg?

what would be a good R ring alternative besides perfect keeper or efford ring for a partizan hunter? i was thinking between attack advance to make up a bit for partizan weak normal attacks but maybe there is a better option?
    Last edited by Batty; Apr 10, 2017 at 05:45 PM.

PP Convert? Partisan eats quite a lot of PP right?
    Attack Advance is better put on something with already strong normal attack, like sword or wand.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

how does partizan compare to WL and Sword in terms of damage?, im used to see big numbers on my sword and WL with their strongest PAs, because thats why they´re for, doing high numbers, but partizan best dmg seems to be from PA combos with volg raptor with weaker PAs so im not sure if im doing as much dmg compared to sword or WL
    Last edited by Batty; Apr 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM.

For me partizan feels like an utility and bursty weapon rather than a sustained damage one. Speed and range from regular PAs makes weak stuff go easily in SH and below, but not so much in XH. Volg combos main use seems to be the burst factor. PAs like skewer, buster and slide end have good damage, and actually good DPS on paper, but because their DPP is terrible, they lose in the sustained DPS department.

You can still use Volg as a sustained DPS method with Zenith throw, but the problem is that it relies in enemies not moving, plus it lacks super armor in some parts of the animation, making it problematic when MH is in cooldown. I cant say much from WL since I barely touch those, but Sword feels much better than partizan in general as far as DPS goes.

would i regret uncrafting my rising flag? when i started playing with partizan i allready had it crafted, and i was thinking about using the L ring for rising flag counter since i allready have hunter gear save on my12*unit. however im finding it quite anoying when it dash me away if the enemy isnt directly in front of me when i JG