Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Despite American English being my first language, I personally tend to pronounce most of the names with a mix of Spanish vowels and hard consonants. For example, going off of Hysteria1987, I pronounce Zonde as "zon" with the o pronounced like "oh" and the "de" like dentist, and Megid with "me" as in men and "gid" as in Gideon; Ragne as Rahg-neh, Agrani as Ah-grah-nii. This also reminds me of a conversation I had with someone in PSU where they said they pronounced Kakwane as cock-wayne versus my cah-quah-neh.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 6, 2016 at 01:55 AM.

I think The g in megid is hard and the e in zonde is long, not silent.

I prounounce Zonde like Zondeh though. ._.

Zonde is correct, because it's ゾンデ in Japanese which has the "de" pronounced. (zo-n-de)

Megid does indeed have a hard G, because of メギド, which pronounces the G hard. (me-gi-do)

If you're having trouble with the pronunciation of things, you check the original Japanese. While translations are not pronounced exactly the same as the source for original names, they can give you a better idea of how things are supposed to be pronounced in English.

I just call Goldrahda's bomb-bugs if im talking on voice with someone (Or even typing, I mean, they are bugs with bombs on them afterall), because when i actually say it its like Gol-dra-da or gol-da-ra-da (Hey i even /add/ letters to make it even more wrong!) and when you're mad at a td mpa its too many syllibles to put into an angry rant.

I've heard megid being said as meh-jid before, i just prefer meh-gid and with zon-de its just that aswell.

ragknee is best tho, same with its rare form 'Agranny'
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

I just call Goldrahdas Goldras.

Zandilion, Filet Mignon, and Barista Son.

Also I call ragne Ragu-neechan

And don't forget Breadichadas. :3c

As a primarily solo player, most Darkers are "godamsonuvabichwhyarentyouthemobimlookingforserio uslywhattheactualhellman" to me.

well I never pronouced them in anything other than what they look.

Spoiler!

Hunar is still hunar, Angel is... welp, angel

So is Elder and Loser, though I prefer to call Dorumble as clowns (Castle for True form) while Profound Darkness as flower.
    Last edited by NoobSpectre; Jan 6, 2016 at 02:41 AM.

If Ragne is a roach, what's a Vidoluda?

Rare drop = "leh ah dolo" you guys never got how to pronounce your own language seriously, thankfully japanese got it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqRwsZ6p0k

Random fun fact: Megid/Megido is also a spell in the Megami Tensei series.