Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    If Ragne is a roach, what's a Vidoluda?
    bug for me, though yes, it did also a bit like cockroach too, but it dies before I notice its pressence often, so maybe... also another called exp.

anyway, I forgot to mention big and small ninjas, but I assumed people know what they are since its one of the most irritating mob to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    If Ragne is a roach, what's a Vidoluda?
    That one's pronounced "annoying-ass-stun-roach-that-somehow-never-misses-ARRGHIHATEYOUSOMUCH"

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Random fun fact: Megid/Megido is also a spell in the Megami Tensei series.
    I think it was used in Golden Sun too, or something named similarly. It's latin for death or something along those lines. A lot of the names of weapons and stuff from the old PSO came out of old mythologies and stuff from around the world, actually.

Also for pronunciation:
    Wolgahda: Fish-man
    Double: Crackheads (have you seen how they run? And their faces? Definitely keen for more pingas)
    Nyau: THAT BLOODY CAT AGAIN WHY ARE YOU HERE
    Oodan: Booma
    Gigur Gunne-Gam: Giggle Gundam-Man
    Anjhadu-lili - Hot Wheels

Seriously though, there's a good chunk of Kuronites that I just look at the name and go... ok, I'm calling you what you look like from now on. That said, like someone further up said, there's not too much that's difficult to pronounce, though there's a few that look like they translate into languages other than English (Besides Kuronites, Fjorgalla comes to mind).
    Last edited by Hysteria1987; Jan 6, 2016 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    As a primarily solo player, most Darkers are "godamsonuvabichwhyarentyouthemobimlookingforserio uslywhattheactualhellman" to me.
    I just call them bugs, because the only good bug is a dead one. Unless they submit to me. Then they get a minimum wage of 99¢ a day.

Pronunciation aside, anyone find enemy names being more stupid on each update?
    What are those enemy on Kuron called? i never remember any of their name up until today... and those new toy darkers, biketa what?

This stupid little thing bugging me out everytime i want to do MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    I think it was used in Golden Sun too, or something named similarly. It's latin for death or something along those lines.
    It's actually derived from a place in Israel, Tel Megiddo, where the Book of Revelations says an apocalyptic battle will occur, ie. Armageddon. This is why in the past MMO Phantasy Star games it had the chance to OHKO.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 6, 2016 at 03:43 AM.

can we talk about how "Yukigaras" instead of "Yukigarasu" is stupid

i mean it's obviously a swap of Yamigarasu, so why would katakana magically change this

translators pls
    While we're on the subject, can we NOT label Tradicion/Nacht "Haseo's Scythe" anymore?
    Ship 2 - Player ID: Yellowjacket

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    What are those enemy on Kuron called? i never remember any of their name up until today... and those new toy darkers, biketa what?
    Some of them sound almost like Italian sportscars to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It's actually derived from a place in Israel, Tel Megiddo, where the Book of Revelations says an apocalyptic battle will occur, ie. Armageddon.
    After I posted that, something was bothering me in the back of my mind about it being something apocalyptic, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it :P Thanks for the correction.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Numie View Post
    can we talk about how "Yukigaras" instead of "Yukigarasu" is stupid
    While we're at it, change Gadianna back to Guardianna pls.

Japanese syllable pronunciation is super simple and consistent.
    As long as you know what the sounds and letters are, it's easy to pronounce stuff. No confusion.

The problem is when they try to write foreign words using their own letters.
    Some English sounds simply don't exist in Japanese, and sometimes they use different letters/sounds for the same words.

SEGA has a habit of being terribly inconsistent.
    Quick example off the top of my head:
    Tail = Te-ru, Teiru are both present.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    Some of them sound almost like Italian sportscars to me lol
    Wouldn't be particularly surprised if that was exactly what they used for inspiration. But then I've watched the entire Nanoha franchise...

Also to quote a random chat comment: "Bert Schbunker sounds like a soccer player"

On another note, I'm honestly kinda impressed how off the beaten path some of the naming references are. Eg. Verethragna definitely isn't the most widely-known mythological figure... and I have no idea what "Gur Bazga" refers to; closest equivalents I found on the Wiki were Iranian place-names and a personal name from NW India...

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    and those new toy darkers, biketa what?
    i think orota biketa is somewhat deviated from the japanese word for 驚き (odoroki, means surprise) and びく ("biku!" which is the sound effect for it )

similarly , bonta bakuta takes from the word 爆弾 (bakudan for bombs)