Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585 ... LastLast
    The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

Does anyone know the reception of this anime so far in Japan? I'm watching it raw on Youtube, thinking I could do a gag sub, and I'm seeing an unusual amount of scrolling text down the bottom, like they just couldn't wait for the ad break to advertise the DVDs.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

They apparently had a huge sign up increase for PSO2 when the anime started airing.

So it's gotta be doing something, I guess.

JP friend said the anime is good. I guess only gaijins have bad preference over it.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    They apparently had a huge sign up increase for PSO2 when the anime started airing.

So it's gotta be doing something, I guess.
    guess that explains why demise runs have gotten a lot worse over the past week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    JP friend said the anime is good. I guess only gaijins have bad preference over it.
    Well I'm enjoying it, so far it isn't a seriously show at all and that's pretty refreshing to tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I actually don't think it's terrible, I've seen worse anime though so my standards might be skewed.

It does feel kind of terrible, but maybe it's because I'm watching it one episode per week, and it feels like absolutely nothing has happened for almost a month.

So far, the only hints at a plot that I've noticed is Itsuki being unusually observant, like the player character in the game, Aika being an ARKS member and girls foreshadowing phantom cars and Train Hydra.

Demise has probably gotten worse because the people who wanted stuff have already got what they wanted, and have stopped to wait for episode 4.
    So most of the multis are probably filled with casuals or something. I guess.

It's been randomly horrid for me since a while back, though.

I got double S ranks in a B27 pub. Feels like they've been getting better rather than worse. Then again I CBA'd to multiship so I don't really mind not getting <10min runs.

Ontopic, not much happened this ep TBH, just Itsuki x Yu-chan shipping and freaking out about construction workers playing as catgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    It was revealed that the anime takes place in 2027 long before the anime actually started airing.
    I'm pretty confident that the anime will tie into the game's story-line with everything we know so far. I'm just curious on how that'll happen.
    Arks being able to transcend the gaming world into the real world through the Power of Photons!? LOL
    Nah. ARKS came to earth to protect it from darkers or something and are training people with the game. And then fight phantom enemies together or something (after infusing them with photons or something).

Quote Originally Posted by raialeus View Post
    List of things that need to appear to make this Tier 1 anime

- Dudu/Monica, grinding from +9 back to +1
    fixed.

Anyway, ep 3 was pretty entertaining.

PS: it's ridiculous how people bitch about the cgi when all of it looks a lot better than the actual game. The game has low res textures and everything is literally split in half cause you can see the seem where the two identical left and right halves meet. Properly aligning textures in MY PSO2? Get that shit out of here!