Page 56 of 116 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106 ... LastLast

Animation production is still from Japan I think

I was under the impression that a lot of anime nowadays is outsourced to places like Korea.
    You can tell from the credits. Staff names'll be in Korean or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sesiom000 View Post
    The think that felt the most Reborn was probably the Casts.
    They rose from the dead with ep4 LOL.
    But yea if you dont play as summoner the game pretty much feels the same, we should have had the content until April released by now but maybe SEGA didnt manage to finish those in time for EP4 release, instead we are getting pieces of EP4 one at a time...
    Even if you play Summoner it's still not much different. Playstyle and stuff isn't that different from other classes. Pets are essentially weapons, after all.
    I'm already Summoner 75 on one char, close on two others and have tons of pets maxed on multiple characters.
    The rest is just farming the same old shit hoping stuff drops. Levelling is also about doing the same old crap.
    Only thing new is Tokyo, and there isn't really much to do there either. Everything in general feels like same old repackaged with a new look.

In actuality there just isn't much "new" content.
    Even the "reborn" Casts are essentially reusing old content.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 9, 2016 at 12:04 AM.

I find that Itsuki and Rina use each other to "advance" the non-existent plot to this slice-of-life anime. I mean shit...an anime that tries to convince people that one can grow stronger as a person by playing Online Games, hence the entire anime being an advertisement for "how good" PSO2 is....

I wonder why every anime that involves a game carries the same theme of "Improving oneself" through playing a game, while rejecting everything else. Dot Hack did it, so did Sword Art Online. Hell, even..... No Life, No Game did it too....Is there something new this genre can actually introduce? ...and it doesn't stop there. Watch sports anime where someone rejects the main sport of the anime and it becomes a "lets improve our internal selves through playing a sport and being part of a team" Hell, how many American Movies have we seen with the typical sports team where people have to dig deep into the bullshit to somehow beat a superior team?

I feel like I am watching repackaging of the same stories over and over, but its to be expected as there is wide saturation in anime, especially slice of life.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

PSO2 the animation is actually decent when it's not Phantasy Stills Online 2: The (lack-of) Animation
    Aika's mood swings seem pretty huge in magnitude. She's alright for awhile, then completely dissociated with the group of people she just hung out with when evening came.
    Also, she found two ARKS who were not regular ARKS. She even heard the entire "party up" and "friend request" thing. Wonder if any action is going to be taken against Itsuki and Rina. They are, after all, "strange ARKS" like Hitsugi.
    Summoner looks even more like it shouldn't belong in PSO2 the anime. The way the tact does its musical notes and rainbows makes it look like it's Mahou Shoujo magic, not PSO2 pseudo-science photon magic.
    Come to think of it, have we any explanation for the existence of summoner pets?

I am still wondering what Support Partners actually are.

Rappy Hunter

Just got through watching the recent episode.

Some chars are shown to be really obsessed with this game. As obsessed as those here in North America that wanted to play the game.

So I'm sure once Sega now released the anime, they would realize how much of a tease it would be to have us watch "PSO2" instead of playing "PSO2".

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPhoenix313 View Post
    Just got through watching the recent episode.

Some chars are shown to be really obsessed with this game. As obsessed as those here in North America that wanted to play the game.

So I'm sure once Sega now released the anime, they would realize how much of a tease it would be to have us watch "PSO2" instead of playing "PSO2".
    Well, speaking on this subject, someone showed me this interesting piece of news. Dunno if this is old news or not.
    http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/31/s...stern-release/
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    Well, speaking on this subject, someone showed me this interesting piece of news. Dunno if this is old news or not.
    http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/31/s...stern-release/
    If that's the case, it would explain why SEGA has said literally nothing. Even so, no way in hell we'd get a game on par update wise with JP were it to come west, not to mention all those collabs wouldn't come due to the sheer cost for licenses.

I mean, an official english PSO2 would be nice (so long as they didn't localize it like they did for SEA), buts its probably too late at this point to get any real traction in the west. Ifthey wanted to bring Phantasy Star back to the west, they would be better off with a new game/series (preferably not a PSU2, but rather a new world like how even PSO2 is called such it has no relation with PSO) but I digress.

Also would like to point out that, based on that article's wording, didn't stop SEGA from giving us PS Nova at all in the west.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Kinda sad if true, especially considering almost nobody plays those Chinese versions.

So I was looking at the JP character page and it says Aika plays Summoner with a rappy pet.
    Dunno why people were saying no Summoner (yet) and rappy pet = rappy talis.