Page 19 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Felt too much like an advertisement and Kirito's lack of knowledge on the thing that's LITERALLY the job of a vice school president and LITERALLY surrounds him constantly to allow them to force an exposition advertisement in our faces didn't help with that at all.
    Hopefully this was just Episode 1 being Episode 1 (seriously, name as many anime as you can from the past 5 years that knew how to properly start a story. You'll get a handful. No one seems to know how to start or finish a story, so the introduction episodes always end up being horrible exposition dumps), only time will tell.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

My eyes bled, but PSO2 the game prepared me, by making me a masochist.

When's ep2.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    Extreme salt.
    That was both terrifying and satisfying to read.

One thing that strikes me about this anime is that it obviously did its research with the game. Almost everything about PSO2 is spot on. And yet, hitting Random somehow not only created a character that doesn't look hideous, but is actually something the protagonist is happy with. And, the protagonist goes through the trouble of installing and setting up the game only to kill one enemy, log off, and write a thesis on the experience.
    Also of note. The protagonist is so bland that I can't remember his name, so I've taken to calling him "boy", since that is his only real characteristic. But calling him that would require me to explain that in every post I use it in, so I used "the protagonist" instead. And yet, that also encapsulates his character completely as well. He is the protagonist, and so protagonist things happen to him. That is his only personality trait.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jan 11, 2016 at 04:29 PM.

Advice on Newbs who join after the airing of first episode of PSO2TA:

Please do not use gunslash and thinking it'll be OP although the MC used it like naturally and OP (though likely in N difficulty) because you are NOT MC.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    Advice on Newbs who join after the airing of first episode of PSO2TA:

Please do not use gunslash and thinking it'll be OP although the MC used it like naturally and OP (though likely in N difficulty) because you are NOT MC.
    But... But... Charged Shot much bright....

Joking... But please do not use Over End with that 1 star sword of yours and expect it to be able to cleave a planet, PSO2 would be over really quick if it really had that much power :v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossOmega View Post
    But... But... Charged Shot much bright....

Joking... But please do not use Over End with that 1 star sword of yours and expect it to be able to cleave a planet, PSO2 would be over really quick if it really had that much power :v
    Maybe its Regius Katana (sealed sowrd form) with a 1* camo... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    Felt too much like an advertisement and Kirito's lack of knowledge on the thing that's LITERALLY the job of a vice school president and LITERALLY surrounds him constantly to allow them to force an exposition advertisement in our faces didn't help with that at all.
    Hopefully this was just Episode 1 being Episode 1 (seriously, name as many anime as you can from the past 5 years that knew how to properly start a story. You'll get a handful. No one seems to know how to start or finish a story, so the introduction episodes always end up being horrible exposition dumps), only time will tell.
    The MC is nothing like Kirito... Like... in any way other than having black hair and playing an online game.

Would be funny if the MC obtains a rare ability called Earth Bullet.

High school? Check.
    Clueless protagonist? Check.
    Meet student council president within 15 seconds of being on campus? Check.
    Get involved with student council? Check.
    Lazy animation with a disgusting overuse of CGI? Check.
    Weak story? Probably, I can't speak moon so I only have the slice of life in a school setting bullshit to go off of.

All in all this is a recipe for disaster and is throwing red flags all over the place telling me to run. I'll probably still watch it for Soro but it'll be fun watching the critics rip it a new one. Who knows though, maybe it'll improve.