Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Stuff like Celesta Laser or Kasentoriharuka (Katori's db) also help a lot.

BTW, is there a list of what weapons/element get resisted/ enemies are weak against if you succeed/fail stage orders?
    In normal cases, if complete the trial, every weapon and element resistance pf next stage becomes a weakness. This one though....

Taking an example, a usual 30k dmg will become 50k dmg if you succeed the trial and next one resistance becomes weakness, if failed, 10k. I reference from SHXQ though, which is stage 51-70 for normal ones.

I keep getting killed by Dio Hunar's damn multiple piercing homing arrow attack.
    Even if I try to dodge it, it one-shots me. Doesn't matter what units I'm wearing.

Anyone got any tips for dealing with that?

I dunno if it's got a tell, there's so much stuff going on and I just suddenly get pierced.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 19, 2016 at 09:16 PM.

If you're talking about that attack that rains down from the sky, he visibly produces the needles in his hands and throws them into the air a second or two before they start coming down. There isn't any actual tell for when the attack is about to hit you, though.

I agree that's easily his worst attack, especially when it's combined with the vortex that pulls you in.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I keep getting killed by Dio Hunar's damn multiple piercing homing arrow attack.
    Even if I try to dodge it, it one-shots me. Doesn't matter what units I'm wearing.

I dunno if it's got a tell, there's so much stuff going on and I just suddenly get pierced.
    By memory, consecutive side step (melee) works. On the other hand, umbra stick dodge will get you caught by following homing arrow sets.
    Tell has dio creating the large arrows/spears in large hands then tossing them directly up out of existence, the spears reappear soon after (dodge after they vanish) above target and rain down.
    (Hopefully thinking of the right attack and not another one)

That being said, if there's so much stuff going on likely also have anga shooting junk which could cause flinching or stunning and thus death too.

Someone did note that swiki has all weakness/resistances but figure that may be (or maybe not) helpful in guide post for quick reference so copying from swiki...

If previous stage order success: Weakness, if previous stage order failure: Resistance.
    Key: Sword (Sw), Wired Lance (WL), Partisan (Pa), Knuckles (Kn), Twin Daggers (TD), Double Saber (DS), Katana (Ka), Gunslash (Gs), Assault Rifle (AR), Launcher (La), Twin Mechguns (TMG), Rod (Ro), Talis (Ta), Wand (Wa)

Stage 1: None
    Stage 2: Sw, DS, Gs, TMG, BB, Ta, JB
    Stage 3: Pa, Kn, Ka, DB, La, Ta
    Stage 4: WL, TD, AR, BB, JB
    Stage 5: Pa, Kn, Ka, DB, TMG, Ro, Wa

Stage 6: None
    Stage 7: Pa, DS, Gs, Ka, AR, Ro, JB
    Stage 8: Sw, TD, DB, La, BB, Ta
    Stage 9: WL, Kn, Gs, BB, Ro
    Stage 10: Sw, DS, Ka, AR, TMG, Ro, Ta, JB

(Hopefully copied right!)

Also seems no one posted fighter notes yet so...(though personally still struggle with latter half of stage 10, so hoping for tips)

Fighter / Hunter. (Personally relatively mediocre equipment affixes and non-optimized skill tree so others may have a better time)
    Stage 1-5, guide works perfectly. Can't remember any trouble aside from plain not knowing how to fight knight gear. Breaking sword quickly as mentioned ends freezing and makes fight simple enough, break shield during sword break stun, break knight gear during shield break stun.

Anyway, stage 6-first half of stage 10 become trivial after two or so runs. (Or maybe just personally need tips for anga+dio) Limit break as please/feel comfortable. Not necessary for stage 6-first half of 10.
    Stage 6:
    BHS rush nearby cata while its posing, dash over and BHS rush next cata after it extends for its attack. (Should get both weakpoint kills) As the second cata dies, third cata should be about to dig or just have dug and vol should be either getting ready to spit a fireball or sprout fire pillars, so get ready to step out of the way.
    Alternatively if can't take out two cata's fast enough, just punch out nearby one and go straight at Vol's tail.

After one or two cata's eliminated, TD and symph drive vol's tail (if missing, wait to PA at the end of its attacks) til it breaks, during break take care of remaining cata. (Or both, if two alive. Just play it safe and wait for proper time to punch. Vol's tail can be broken again relatively safely as many times as needed) After all cata's gone, go bust vol's tail again then head stunlock.

Stage 7:
    Double saber and partisan have increased effectiveness in this stage. Follow suggested order, rave wolga on spawn, beat up darkers (note ball and chain cyclops darker won't run up to you and die unlike the others and try to range you while dealing with others so dash up and beat it up) then beat up decol. (Can go straight to decol if it spawns quickly due to birds rushing and dying, decol shouldn't have chance to do much at all)
    Loser is ignorable, Elder and Apprentice may be fighting each other if you took your time killing darkers. Go ahead and rush apprentice if alone, or both if together. Fortunately they die due to extremely low health.
    Beat up elder next, make sure to attack from front to continually pop weakpoint and stunlock in case weaker. Finally, beat up Loser and Angel who is more meaty than others in the stage.

Note that Angel probably won't die before doing anything, but will spend most of time circling around and trying to hit you. None of Angel's attacks except his triple fire swing will hit you if you stay in melee range and dash to his back at the end of all his attacks. The first fire swing will miss, giving you time to swap to umbra stick to dodge the next ones or a hunter weapon to just guard. Alternatively if confident could use invincibility frames from PA's or shift action. (Though DS shift action doesn't have iframes)

Also, note that if using partisan and trying to volg with skewer from safe distance, leaving melee range causes Angel to use more dangerous attacks, particularly in second phase. So suggest to stay up close.

Stage 8:
    Follow suggested order. Twin daggers are boosted this stage. Take time as needed, but note mag trigger action (s-atk) can kill wimpy puppies even while high in air, so be aware. Fortunately, targets are fragile enough against TD (combined with symph drive/dragon kick's safety net) that in case having ult rockbear and dogs on field at same time can quickly recover by kicking rockbear's face out of existence. For all boss targets, go for the face for quick kills.

Immediately kick mammoths while everything is separate to spawn ult mammoths, try to kick only those or them and monkeys. If need to, can run around in a circle indefinitely to recover pp and get enemies to re-position themselves. After, kick rockbear's face and afterward's ult rockbear's face. Clean up ult monkeys. Kick puppies.

Afterwards kick out one snow dog, stun the other and kick ult puppies. (Or just kick both, but ult puppies can shoot and cause you to lose mates so be aware of them)
    Kick ult dog that shows up, (should not get off any attacks, aside from roar if not fast enough; roar not strong enough to take a mate or kill at limit break) may need to recover pp at this point so run around second ult dog (rocket one) which fortunately won't charge and only seems to shoot homing rockets, (keep running) cross-hairs (avoid cross-hairs) and swipe left and right. (not directly in front of) Kick when ready.

Stage 9:
    Knuckles are boosted this stage. Both persona and matoi can be instagibbed with 2 or 3 (if not just attack'ed) bhs, but it is safer to clear the order by running around the map for a while. Actual order of gibbing does not matter, but note that if whiff BHS may get hit/flinch and lose mates. Alternatively can use TD and kick persona and matoi one by one, both have little health. Note that should take down one then take down other, since may (not exactly sure) have more dangerous attacks after losing half health and recovering from stun and posing.

Stage 10:
    Double sabers are boosted this stage. Begin by repeatedly kicking claris with symph drive, as much as necessary. TD's with the symph drive/flying dragon kick are extremely safe for the most part against the four heroes and seem float over most attacks. (Also in the odd case you can't find or burst down claris, the rush of symph causes her nuke to also miss) Run around in a circle to recover pp as necessary, then kick casra. Kick huey and regs when you're ready, nothing they have should be able to catch you while kicking.

Personally don't have a solid strategy after this point. Anga and dio can be dealt with alone, but if not-that-strong anga is fairly tanky and there is some time whereas you'll have both anga and dio on the field at the same time.
    Make sure to use limit break, try to bust down anga as fast as possible. 1st break should occur before dio even appears. Regardless, make sure to push out as much damage as possible.

Once dio and anga are on the field together, try to keep an eye out (and camera, but this isn't always possible particularly when going for dio's arms) for the other. Personally, going over to break dio's arms first as suggested has always ended badly, anga seems to be more able to set up flinching/stuns/more homing shoots than dio does for anga. Note massive hunter may be of great use here, to tank through with automate and ignore flinching. (Don't have it)

After anga goes down, dio can be broken down fairly quickly. (Much more fragile than anga, has break stun) Note that as mentioned, if seeing dio rise up to hold arm down/create purple vortex ball, take a break and run away from it until it's gone. If notice too late, can use heartless impact to dash out of it.

After dio, rave on final persona as it's spawning and a while after, after it starts floating around swap to twin daggers. With timing can cause both it's ball toss and overend to go in very odd directions (aiming behind itself and to the sides as it tries to reorient, despite you being in front of it) due to symph drive kick dashing into and hitting behind persona. Can cause you to fail order. In case bad timing and stuff not going in miss-direction, can panic shift action to side to dodge/iframe both. Fortunately shouldn't take too much to bring persona down.

Looking up at that, unreadable wall of text. Hopefully can be edited/cut down and made sense of...??
    Hopefully someone more accomplished might have more solid fighter tips, particularly with the dio/anga issue.

Also, thanks for making these guides! They really are helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Hopefully someone more accomplished might have more solid fighter tips, particularly with the dio/anga issue.
    Don't think I'm any more accomplished than you but I've never burst down 2nd phase Anga before Dio Hunar appears. When going through this XQ, I never even thought of popping limit break once lol.

I'll share what was pretty consistent for me. Also, I used my RA/HU's hunter tree to do this to abuse automate to keep me alive because I'm a terrible FI/HU.

Spoiler!

Stage 6:
    Take out your lovely knuckles, start straight charging the cater's tail that is closest to you. Once the tail breaks, just keep straight charging until it dies. This happened before any of the other cater's dug back up. Move around until the second and third cater pop up, then you can either simultaneously take them both out while they have their weakpoints exposed or go for their tails. I usually go for their tails to play it safe. After that, go for Vol's tail then kill him anyway you want really.

Stage 7:
    I don't really have a strategy for this part. I just used crafted tornado dance to basically destroy everything until Loser spawns. IGNORE LOSER UNTIL YOU KILL HUNAR AND APPRENTICE.

After you kill Loser, Angel will spawn. I usually use TDs to take care of him. You can either spam SD or try to be fancy(I tried, I wasted a mate or two...) and combo him down with wild rhapsody -> orchestra. Break both of his wings to expose the weak point in his chest. Then go for it. If he decides to start lasering you("Big Lance Project?"), get behind him asap and just continue beating him in. You can use an umbraa stick to mirage step through everything if you can't get behind him.

Stage 8:
    Right as the stage starts, I pop Julius Nifta. It takes care of all the trashy mobs WHILE keeping rockbear alive. I found Quick March -> Wild Rhapsody -> Orchestra to be the best PA combos to use to take out the banthers and mech-banthers. Just hit their heads and they go down VERY quickly. Rockbear is saved for last because he doesn't need to be micromanaged at all. Once the mecha-banthers are down, proceed to kill rockbear and be ready to SD Barayi's face for insta-win.

Stage 9:
    I just ran around the stage for 60 seconds. Hug the walls and run along them. I heard that you can be ballsy and SD them or BHS them, but I didn't really want to take that risk. After the 60 seconds are done, you can straight charge both of them at the same time if they're really close to each other or take them out one by one.

Stage 10:
    Buff yourself up with shiftaride/selc flotz, take out your DS. Charge up Tornado Dance, and pummel the shit out of Claris. She usually goes down within two tornado dances, took me three on the run I recorded. She is your #1 priority. After she's taken out, the others should be hugging together trying to follow and kill you. Charged Tornado Dance takes all of them out easily.

Anga will spawn immediately after you kill the last Council member. Acro Effect is king against Anga. Spam Shift Action -> Acro Effect over and over again if Anga's big butt is right in your face.

Things to watch out for in 1st phase Anga:
    • When Anga leans back, immediately dash towards Anga and continue spamming Acro Effect.
    • Purple spots on the floor. Run like hell.
    • Listen for a high-pitch-ish charging noise, get ready to mash WASD in order to break out of Anga's stun before you get WB'd or take out a rod and mirage through it.
    • Spinning ball attacks. If you're in melee range within Anga, you shouldn't have to worry about this attack at all. But he will usually do it after purple super fireball or after he attempts to WB you.
    • Teleporting & shooting balls. This is the most annoying attack. Move around dodge all of it. If you happen to be really close to it, you can probably get a few hits in. Take advantage of the downtime that Anga will have after this attack finishes.

Yay, you took down first phase Anga. Hopefully you did it before Dio spawned. At this moment, I have NO clue if a Fi/Hu is capable of bursting down Anga quickly enough to take out both phases before Dio spawns. But at this stage, you have to play it REALLY safe and look out for opportunities to attack.

At this point, I think it's best to take out your TDs and SD Anga whenever it's possible. Look out for Dio's raining spears of death and laser. Dio will ALWAYs be on your tail. You have to really pay attention to what Dio is doing.
    • If you find yourself moving slower than usual or being sucked into something, stop attacking and start moving.
    • If you see tiny pink/purple spots on the floor, stop attacking and start moving.
    • If you see Dio raise his/her hands up, stop attacking and start moving.

There's very little opportunity for you to attack with Dio being a little shit. Anga's pattern are pretty much the same except with the addition of flipping upside down and start swinging at you. I highly recommended TDs because you can easily spin move just guard through these attacks. Anga will also lean backwards again, but instead of lasering you, he will spin his arms and punch you. Make sure you dodge those.

Eventually you'll take down Anga. Immediately go for Dio's cores on its arms. You might want to spread out the damage on both core's so you can take them both down within a small period of time. Because right after you take them down, Dio is not going to be happy and start its insta-kill attack. Be ready to burst him down asap when he starts looking like he's charging something and throwing out a bunch of projectiles from his arms. None of the projectiles will hit you if you're within melee range. Go ALL out on Dio here before a big red ball is released.

Yay, you beat Dio! In a few short moments, the Profound Darkness version of Persona will spawn. If you stick relatively close to him, you shouldn't be hit by any of his attacks:
    • Overend: This does 1300 damage. Persona will grunt and have a big ass sword before using this attack. Dodge at all costs.
    • Knockdown Balls: If you're kiting around Persona, this will probably never hit you. Does about 300-400 damage iirc.
    • Stun Sat Cans: Avoid these at all costs, Persona will follow up with an Overend after these are over. You can just walk around Persona to avoid these attacks.

Make sure you keep Persona within your sight AT ALL TIMES.
    Just keep dodging and Persona will eventually cave in and die. Pop your boosts before breaking Persona's crystal and pray that an Ace of Sticker drops for you. Once I get 10 posts, I'll post the video of the run where I got my Ace of Fighter.
    Last edited by wssh; Jan 20, 2016 at 01:53 PM.

This is pretty much my end result from playing around with Fi for 6-10.

No sticker, better luck next week ; w;

No need to explain stage 6, what you see is self-explanatory I'd say.

Stage 7: Jump Slide Shaker is better than ground Slide Shaker since you actually move in the air. Volg + Peak Up Throw + Slide End should be a guaranteed kill on DF Angel.

Stage 8: I put Bloody Sarabande on my palette to deal with all 3 bosses simultaneously sometimes, works out rather well if you position yourself well. I do start off trying eliminate the monkey and rockbears first, generally.

Stage 9: Straight Charge back and forth works rather well. Not as risky as I made it look here, kind of messed up there.

Stage 10: I use Nifta + Tornado Dance to take care of the council first. I just Illusion Rave spam during spawn animations of Anga + PD to conserve PP and then proceed to make use of DS Wind Gear Parrying and Acro Effect afterwards. For Dio 2 well positioned Acro Effects and a bunch of Illusion Rave afterwards can take it down with no problems. Of course, I mess up quite a bit on both Dio and PD.
    Last edited by Bellion; Jan 20, 2016 at 03:04 PM.

EX installs are a thing too, can get 50hp or 4pp per install. Might save your ass, and more rare drop is nice. Cheap and simple to use and then knock out all 5 runs a week before putting your regular installs back on.

And is it normal for PD crystal to only drop 1 or 3 fucking items? Now 0/9 on Fo sticker, nothing but grinders from PD...

I totally forgot that this XQ had a timed ability thing, dang. Thanks for the reminder.
    I've only had PD drop like 5 items once and that was for my Ranger sticker, otherwise it has usually been 1 or 3 drops for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    This is pretty much my end result from playing around with Fi for 6-10.

No sticker, better luck next week ; w;

No need to explain stage 6, what you see is self-explanatory I'd say.

Stage 7: Jump Slide Shaker is better than ground Slide Shaker since you actually move in the air. Volg + Peak Up Throw + Slide End should be a guaranteed kill on DF Angel.

Stage 8: I put Bloody Sarabande on my palette to deal with all 3 bosses simultaneously sometimes, works out rather well if you position yourself well. I do start off trying eliminate the monkey and rockbears first, generally.

Stage 9: Straight Charge back and forth works rather well. Not as risky as I made it look here, kind of messed up there.

Stage 10: I use Nifta + Tornado Dance to take care of the council first. I just Illusion Rave spam during spawn animations of Anga + PD to conserve PP and then proceed to make use of DS Wind Gear Parrying and Acro Effect afterwards. For Dio 2 well positioned Acro Effects and a bunch of Illusion Rave afterwards can take it down with no problems. Of course, I mess up quite a bit on both Dio and PD.
    I want to try all the fast-kill strats you did but I already got my ace of fighter.
    Great video and run, a lot better than mine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    And is it normal for PD crystal to only drop 1 or 3 fucking items? Now 0/9 on Fo sticker, nothing but grinders from PD...
    Yes, 1-3 drops. I prayed pretty hard for my sticker.
    Last edited by wssh; Jan 20, 2016 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

Dio's homing arrows attack is a lot like Quartz Dragon's crystal missiles attack (called "homing laser" on S-Wiki?). As long as you keep moving in the same direction (or in a wide circle around the boss), each of the shots should land right behind you. Even if the vacuum is there, as long as you move quickly enough (constantly Stepping) and are far enough from the vacuum, you should be able to avoid most of the hits.

Rakurai is correct; Dio will hold up the needles before they start coming. As soon as you see Dio do that, it is time to start moving.

Furthermore, in a sense, the vacuum itself is also a tell that the attack is coming, as he commonly fires needles right after the vacuum. So if Dio starts laying down the vacuum, start moving out of it and start preparing for Dio's follow-up.