Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Not seeing how it's relevant to BGs really.

Well like I said, if the anime is canon that we are all actually online characters, then we might as well as follow that lore. I am just waiting to see how anime's plot will lead to Episode 4 at this point.4

Note that one of the anime characters is an actual ARKS member who isn't from Earth and who moves from Tokyo to ARKS fleet and back seemingly at will.

Aika, right? Though I am very curious about this but I guess people on Earth playing PSO2 is doing some kind of training simulation for real ARKS?

Enforcer of Evil™

There's also the fact that, for those who did RP before, episode 4 is a 2 years time skip from episode 3 :^)
    Kinda awkward! But if anything it allows to change up some things (like considering previous plot(s) finished), so, yeah?
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldotsk View Post
    Well like I said, if the anime is canon that we are all actually online characters, then we might as well as follow that lore.
    ...which would change exactly nothing for character BGs. As far as *they* know and are concerned they are real, after all. Also pretty sure "I iz an online character" is neither a very fertile starting point for any kind of roleplaying nor particularly satisfying for anyone who cares enough to even vaguely sketch out some kinda BG story for their chars.
    Hell.
    Closest I get to roleplaying is thinking up conceptual outline BGs and personalities for my chars in about three minutes, and I'd straight-up refuse to even consider that on grounds of lameness and painfully obviously trying (and failing) to be clever.

Quote Originally Posted by KLMS1 View Post
    Also pretty sure "I iz an online character" is neither a very fertile starting point for any kind of roleplaying nor particularly satisfying for anyone who cares enough to even vaguely sketch out some kinda BG story for their chars.
    It's not vague at all. There are those who have chosen before to RP in a game to be more of online game concept and make two fictional characters: player and character created in game. It depends on what the Roleplayers want and agree to it.

Because we don't fully know what's going on besides time skip of 2 years, it's still a bit vague of what exactly happened. Story patch won't be translated right away anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Note that one of the anime characters is an actual ARKS member who isn't from Earth and who moves from Tokyo to ARKS fleet and back seemingly at will.
    ...which would also seem to conflict with the basic premise of Ep 4 - namely having to send a ship on a two-year trip just to get ARKS ops Earthside - to a fairly hilarious degree...

I'm just going to assume the writers were smoking the same stuff as the guys who dreamed up Ep 4 and Just Didn't Care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldotsk View Post
    It's not vague at all. There are those who have chosen before to RP in a game to be more of online game concept and make two fictional characters: player and character created in game. It depends on what the Roleplayers want and agree to it.
    And were I a GM I'd flunk those backstories on grounds of pretensions of meta cleverness and being fundamentally BS. Just sayin'.

Whatever delirious drug-induced weirdness the whole Ep 4/animu plotline now entails hardly seems to make any difference either way.

Since I am new to the community in regards to PSO2 Roleplay, is it safe for me to say I am a person from Earth to become ARKS? I'd like to put my base on that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Antecia View Post
    Since I am new to the community in regards to PSO2 Roleplay, is it safe for me to say I am a person from Earth to become ARKS? I'd like to put my base on that idea.

With the way episode 4 is gonna go, answer is yes