Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Nothing happened to the nintendo you knew back in the 1990's. Other than having to be conscious that they aren't exactly made of money these days. It's not like a lot of things changed with them other than the idea that Nintendo in the 1990s was sitting on top of bank. A drop in popularity, and an influx of gamers who think it's just "cool" to only play games with blood and profanity in it has taken their toll. Take note, that Nintendo actually were a lot more unfair back in the NES days, because they had pretty much bought up all the 3rd parties back during the NES phase until they had to cease and desist. (They started off pretty Cut throat and kind of anti-competitive) So that position put them on top of things and they had room to take risks.
    I heard about this while watching videos on youtube. Didn't Rare get in trouble for Battletoads once because of this?

Still, when it comes to localization, Atlus and NIS, and sometimes XSEED, are smaller companies that still provide some of the best localization support, but of course, at a cost of keeping with lower budgets. Knowing their limited and smaller audience, they produce in much lower quantities to keep profitability. My hopes is that Nintendo could regain the profits to become more like those guys when it comes to localization support across all their games, without having to resort to becoming EA/Ubisoft/Activision. At least Nintendo games *work* when they release, and with good to great performance. We also don't want them to go the other way to become Segac, what happens if they can't do what they need to do to regain their old profit margins, and start pulling everything back to Japan.
    Is levels 5 trustworthy?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I do like Level 5, but you definitely can't expect dual language anything to come from Level 5, if that's what you're going for. Sure, there hasn't been much in anything censored, but they don't really produce anything even remotely controversial to censor in the first place. Can't say they produce too much to put to the test that the ones I mentioned do.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Level-5's recent stuff has been subject to dumb lolcalization thanks to 4kidstendo

I do like Level 5, but you definitely can't expect dual language anything to come from Level 5, if that's what you're going for. Sure, there hasn't been much in anything censored, but they don't really produce anything even remotely controversial to censor in the first place. Can't say they produce too much to put to the test that the ones I mentioned do.
    That's a good thing, I'm assuming. I don't know much about them though I only own 3 games they've made. I like them so far I just get occasionally stuck because I'm playing Dark Cloud 1 & 2 blind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    Level-5's recent stuff has been subject to dumb lolcalization thanks to 4kidstendo
    That stinks. =/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Cheetowear.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    That stinks. =/
    I take that with a grain of salt as I've heard of no issues with the recent localizations for Level 5 games.

2americanized4me, other than that they're just average translations as usual tbh

which just lends more to the theory that treehouse is 4kids :3

Often enough, Treehouse-translated stuff actually hits a lot of stuff for adults. (Even in a Mario RPG game) Though it's usually done with stuff you'd only get if your mind went there. So yeah, they do stuff which is more for Adults, but only for those who get it. It falls into the "If the kid gets what dirty thing we threw in there, then just blame the parents for thinking they're mature enough to know it." Even Animal Crossing crosses outside of innocence with certain things they say which make you say, "No they didn't put that in there". On the other hand, I wouldn't expect anything as blatant as Adult Swim from them, anytime soon. (Unless it's something like Bayonetta)

Still, they are kind of weird in that what they pick to censor, at times. So you get something like Swimsuits for Lin in XCX, or the petting game omission in this one. And in the same breath they put in Tharja, from Fire Emblem, in all her glory. It's like with every inconsistent censorship that happens, they also pull a Bayonetta. I don't know. It just seems funny to me.

Often enough, Treehouse-translated stuff actually hits a lot of stuff for adults. (Even in a Mario RPG game) Though it's usually done with stuff you'd only get if your mind went there. So yeah, they do stuff which is more for Adults, but only for those who get it. It falls into the "If the kid gets what dirty thing we threw in there, then just blame the parents for thinking they're mature enough to know it." Even Animal Crossing crosses outside of innocence with certain things they say which make you say, "No they didn't put that in there". On the other hand, I wouldn't expect anything as blatant as Adult Swim from them, anytime soon. (Unless it's something like Bayonetta)

Still, they are kind of weird in that what they pick to censor, at times. So you get something like Swimsuits for Lin in XCX, or the petting game omission in this one. And in the same breath they put in Tharja, from Fire Emblem, in all her glory. It's like with every inconsistent censorship that happens, they also pull a Bayonetta. I don't know. It just seems funny to me.
    I didn't realize they localized Bayonetta. Weird. That being said, I think it's safe to assume that they're not aiming Bayonetta at the same demo as XCX or Fire Emblem, y'know?

Bayonetta is unabashedly a game targeted at an older demographic, so it was localized as such. Anybody who thinks that Xenoblade or Fire Emblem isn't aimed pretty clearly at a younger demo is either being very silly (read: "silly" means "stupid" in this case) or has no idea what they're talking about.

Not really sure who the demo for X was given how it tries to be mature (le goddamn use such maturity treehouse) yet at the same time has some really stupid juvenile bullshit