Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Anybody who thinks that ... Fire Emblem isn't aimed pretty clearly at a younger demo is either being very silly (read: "silly" means "stupid" in this case) or has no idea what they're talking about.
    There was a time when the series was about incest, child sacrifices, betrayal, and decimation. And that's all in one game.
    Now I'm talking to a thief about candy, and spending my honeymoon building a stage.

I didn't realize they localized Bayonetta. Weird. That being said, I think it's safe to assume that they're not aiming Bayonetta at the same demo as XCX or Fire Emblem, y'know?

Bayonetta is unabashedly a game targeted at an older demographic, so it was localized as such. Anybody who thinks that Xenoblade or Fire Emblem isn't aimed pretty clearly at a younger demo is either being very silly (read: "silly" means "stupid" in this case) or has no idea what they're talking about.
    Yeah, but Tharja was in Fire Emblem Awakening. Thus why the inconsistencies. It's the whole, they let some *adult* things in the game, while censoring others. To a degree, XCX has quite a few things in there which used to be censored in older games, but made it in, so that's also inconsistently censored. It's why people often say the censorship, when it happens, is often pointless since it's like they pick one thing out but not the other, sometimes in the same title.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 10, 2016 at 01:36 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I saw several articles floating around and while petting was removed, going into battle with a bath towel, isn't out of the question. And the accidental bath house intrusions were left intact as well.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I wonder if they just have a wheel of censorship to spin for each title they release

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    I wonder if they just have a wheel of censorship to spin for each title they release
    See, this is the kind of insightful discussion I am always hoping for.

But let's not be silly: it's clearly a dart board.

See, this is the kind of insightful discussion I am always hoping for.

But let's not be silly: it's clearly a dart board.
    I can see that. "Hey we got 20 things in this game that might be too controversial. Let's take three darts, blindfold somebody and have them throw it at the board. Whatever numbers it hits, we censor."
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

"Aw crap, somebody put the 'list of gameplay features' board too close to the 'controversial items' board. Now we have to cut out the core combat system."

"If that's what darts decided, then that's what must be done."

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

There's not much to censor when the girl doing battle in a bath towel is rendered in this game's graphics. It's about as sexy as dressing a toy transformer in a heatpad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    It's about as sexy as dressing a toy transformer in a heatpad.
    I don't know, man. Maybe that's what you're into. I don't judge.

I'm actually really happy they've kept the weird tiny sprites in Fire Emblem even though they're now rendering the characters in 3D. It's part of the style!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    There was a time when the series was about incest, child sacrifices, betrayal, and decimation. And that's all in one game.
    Now I'm talking to a thief about candy, and spending my honeymoon building a stage.
    Maybe it's just me but... I prefer bribing a theif with candy...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.