Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Coconut View Post
    In Awakening, most of the characters are interchangeable because you can switch classes on the fly, set each character up with OP skills (this mostly comes into play with the children), and everybody can max out easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Coconut View Post
    Fire Emblem: Awakening was a fun game for me, but all for different reasons than the previous titles of Fire Emblem. I felt cheated out of character development, story, and party composition. Though at the same time I appreciated being able to tweak my characters to my liking. The only problem I have is that everything is practically do as you please and don't worry about the consequences of what class you changed into because you can just change it again. I like at least -some- limitations, or more than FE: Awakening had, at the very least.
    Not that I tried it yet, but how much do you guys think that online play factored into this? Cuz certainly if it is as before, online teams would be one-dimensional right? you are likely to see a certain character being used over and over and online play would feel so repeated. Idk, but now that its come to these talks it looks to me like this is heavily influenced by online play: party composition and such would be more varied, you can switch classes easily so you're not stuck with a single setup, those among other things.

I had no problems with it personally, I kinda actually liked it but its not something i couldnt play without.
    Hi, I'm from PSO2 SEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    I see. I just wish game developers will listen to us.
    They won't. Didn't you notice the pattern?

Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii - Nintendo of America had no plans to localize it themselves when NoE decided to do the job (don't know how strongly OPrainfall affected their decision), keeping the Jap dub only as a means to boost the sales a bit.
    After all, they know that people who prefer a Japanese dub exist.
    XC was a success (otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Shulk in Smash), Nintendo was happy.
    Then, Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a localization, Nintendo Treehouse takes over, completely ignoring the existence of a Japanese dub and its fans since the franchise got popular and we were deemed unneccessary for the game's success.
    Which is especially frustrating because Nintendo could have easily gotten some seiyuu licences (which aren't as expensive as someone on the internet might tell you).

The same bullcrap happened with Fire Emblem.
    Awakening could've been the last entry in the franchise, so Nintendo didn't bother localizing it themselves. Instead, they hired 8-4 (which produce only 80% bad localizations, compared to Treehouse's 100%) to do the job.
    Awakening was a hit and a great part of its success was due to the inclusion of character marriages, anime-like design and Japanese dub.
    Now, Fates is highly anticipated by a much greater amount of people, so they ditched the Japanese dub. Wasn't neccessary for sales anymore.

Don't you ever think Nintendo cares about anything but money.
    They are just a profit-orientated company, not a savior who listens to minorities in their fanbase.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I didn't read the entire topic but I thought I do point this out in case you or anyone else don't know.

XCX is so big that the disk is pretty much full (I heard arround 22gb). If they were to add dual audio to it it wouldn't fit on the disk. I think that was one of the reasons they skipped on it though I wish they gave it to us in form of DLC though, I mean we get 10gb of data install to make the game run smoother so it wouldn't have hurt to add the JP VA in it too. I would even pay for it and restart my 130 hours playthrough just to enjoy the game with its original VAs.

Then again I know nothing about devs at all so I could be completely off the chart

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    I didn't read the entire topic but I thought I do point this out in case you or anyone else don't know.

XCX is so big that the disk is pretty much full (I heard arround 22gb). If they were to add dual audio to it it wouldn't fit on the disk. I think that was one of the reasons they skipped on it though I wish they gave it to us in form of DLC though, I mean we get 10gb of data install to make the game run smoother so it wouldn't have hurt to add the JP VA in it too. I would even pay for it and restart my 130 hours playthrough just to enjoy the game with its original VAs.

Then again I know nothing about devs at all so I could be completely off the chart
    I am well aware of the fact that Nintendo doesn't know shit about online services and stuff like that, but if they really cared they could've offered as a free or paid DLC. Disc space is no excuse for anything in 2016.

The limited disk space on the Wii U is an issue, not if you regularly upgrade the external storage medium or go with a high capacity media.

I'll agree with the voice overs, plenty of games in this day and age offer it up in the chance that each individual player prefers that over the localized voices. Last game I played that offered the Japanese dub via DLC was Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, first week of the DLC was free, after that week was over, you had to pay for it. Worked out quite well for them.

There's no reason that Nintendo wouldn't, other than believing they have the marketing push needed to move shipments without the extra fluff.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    I am well aware of the fact that Nintendo doesn't know shit about online services and stuff like that, but if they really cared they could've offered as a free or paid DLC. Disc space is no excuse for anything in 2016.
    Yeah I agree with this as well. Since I played a few games with JP VA I just can't stand non JP VAs much anymore. They make my ears bleed half the time ;~;

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Yeah I agree with this as well. Since I played a few games with JP VA I just can't stand non JP VAs much anymore. They make my ears bleed half the time ;~;
    I hope all the Americans enjoy their Macho Emblem

I hope all the Americans enjoy their Macho Emblem

I'd show her the meaning of scrublord

Celestial Manager~

They won't. Didn't you notice the pattern?

Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii - Nintendo of America had no plans to localize it themselves when NoE decided to do the job (don't know how strongly OPrainfall affected their decision), keeping the Jap dub only as a means to boost the sales a bit.
    After all, they know that people who prefer a Japanese dub exist.
    XC was a success (otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Shulk in Smash), Nintendo was happy.
    Then, Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a localization, Nintendo Treehouse takes over, completely ignoring the existence of a Japanese dub and its fans since the franchise got popular and we were deemed unneccessary for the game's success.
    Which is especially frustrating because Nintendo could have easily gotten some seiyuu licences (which aren't as expensive as someone on the internet might tell you).

The same bullcrap happened with Fire Emblem.
    Awakening could've been the last entry in the franchise, so Nintendo didn't bother localizing it themselves. Instead, they hired 8-4 (which produce only 80% bad localizations, compared to Treehouse's 100%) to do the job.
    Awakening was a hit and a great part of its success was due to the inclusion of character marriages, anime-like design and Japanese dub.
    Now, Fates is highly anticipated by a much greater amount of people, so they ditched the Japanese dub. Wasn't neccessary for sales anymore.

Don't you ever think Nintendo cares about anything but money.
    They are just a profit-orientated company, not a savior who listens to minorities in their fanbase.
    Man what happened to the nintendo I knew back in 1990's. =/
    I didn't know about any of that except that gamestop also was being greedy over distributing copies of xenoblade Chronicals.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Nothing happened to the nintendo you knew back in the 1990's. Other than having to be conscious that they aren't exactly made of money these days. It's not like a lot of things changed with them other than the idea that Nintendo in the 1990s was sitting on top of bank. A drop in popularity, and an influx of gamers who think it's just "cool" to only play games with blood and profanity in it has taken their toll. Take note, that Nintendo actually were a lot more unfair back in the NES days, because they had pretty much bought up all the 3rd parties back during the NES phase until they had to cease and desist. (They started off pretty Cut throat and kind of anti-competitive) So that position put them on top of things and they had room to take risks.

It was only after that point where they played a lot more fair and had to put a higher concentration on staying on top of quality. To a degree, this is the one case where Nintendo (more or less) still keeps their reputation. For solid quality releases, and a pretty complete game for a retail price.

Nintendo kind of lost quite a bit of ground keeping things this way, while other companies saw better profits by piece-mealing stuff and adopting more mobile efforts towards their games (plus not putting as much effort to release a finished game, just rush it out the door). Nintendo is a *for profit* company, as they always have been. These days, you pick your poison. While I'm multi-console and buy games across the industry, I still recognize what Nintendo does best, and can recognize where Nintendo falters in it. Heck, with the rushed release of the most recent Mario Tennis (and the pushback it got due to a lack of expected features for such a release), it was kind of obvious you saw the pressure kind of taking its toll. The Shareholders (which often work against the logic of dedicated fans) were probably behind some of this push just to get some game to fill in there.

Still, when it comes to localization, Atlus and NIS, and sometimes XSEED, are smaller companies that still provide some of the best localization support, but of course, at a cost of keeping with lower budgets. Knowing their limited and smaller audience, they produce in much lower quantities to keep profitability. My hopes is that Nintendo could regain the profits to become more like those guys when it comes to localization support across all their games, without having to resort to becoming EA/Ubisoft/Activision. At least Nintendo games *work* when they release, and with good to great performance. We also don't want them to go the other way to become Segac, what happens if they can't do what they need to do to regain their old profit margins, and start pulling everything back to Japan.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 8, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.