Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's always pissed me off that PSOW feels they never have to explain themselves. The site has really fallen into disuse lately because of their arrogant attitudes. I'm not going to be restricted to sending questions via PM. I think the community wants this discussion to take place out in the open.

...Especially if that answer is simply going to be a "no" with a re-stating of the rule. It would be good for everyone to see the extent of the staff's argumentation "capability."

If there's a good reason for why we should continue to censor discussions about private servers, I think many of us would be intrigued to hear about it.

The reality is that there is no reason (well, no GOOD reason, anyway). The supporters of the old rule know they can't win the argument, so they are going to fall back on, "Our site, our rules," as their only way to "win." (While doing a disservice to fans of PSO, whom they claim to support).

There, I just did both sides of the whole argument. We win by logical necessity, so we can talk about private servers now. End of speech.

You don't have to be polite when you're right.
    Last edited by MidCap; Feb 15, 2016 at 07:59 PM.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Are you all aware, that even naming private servers in PM can get you a ban? Sure, it is a little annoying, but it is what I agree to do (not discuss private servers) in order to access everything pso-world.com has to offer.

Yes, but the ORIGINAL REASON for the rule no longer exists, so it's pointless now.

Is anyone ever going to acknowledge this?

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    It's always pissed me off that PSOW feels they never have to explain themselves. The site has really fallen into disuse lately because of their arrogant attitudes. I'm not going to be restricted to sending questions via PM. I think the community wants this discussion to take place out in the open.

...Especially if that answer is simply going to be a "no" with a re-stating of the rule. It would be good for everyone to see the extent of the staff's argumentation "capability."

If there's a good reason for why we should continue to censor discussions about private servers, I think many of us would be intrigued to hear about it.

The reality is that there is no reason (well, no GOOD reason, anyway). The supporters of the old rule know they can't win the argument, so they are going to fall back on, "Our site, our rules," as their only way to "win." (While doing a disservice to fans of PSO, whom they claim to support).

There, I just did both sides of the whole argument. We win by logical necessity, so we can talk about private servers now. End of speech.

You don't have to be polite when you're right.

Dig up the countless discussions about this over the years. Re-read my previous post. The reasons go far beyond what you seem to claim it is.

The logical necessity is that it's a site rule that you agree to when using the site. There's no requirement that you have to use the site- if you don't like the site for this one particular reason, there are plenty of other sites that you can use to discuss the servers openly.

As a matter of fact, it's probably far more beneficial that you engage in discussion specific to each server within their own respective forums as each server has it's own rules and modifications to PSO that make their version of PSO unique. PSO-World still serves as a good means for general discussion concerning universal aspects of the core games.

If you want to talk about a specific server's version of PSO and it's features, then by all means go support their community and engage in their forums.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I think players are smart enough to understand the mechanics differences between servers by this point.

It's just pride, and nothing else.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Yes, I apologize. It's definitely because of pride. You are right.

#psowmasterrace
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

There's three third party servers worth talking about. One recently lost everyone's data and averages a pathetic 10 to 40 players now instead of several 100 that it used to have making it the only worthwhile third party server. They also now admit to cheating that they can't fix. This server is considered dead. Another server which is currently the most popular has anywhere from 20 to 100 players online at a time. During peak hours it may barely have enough players to be worth playing on but most of the time not. Psobb needs at least a few 100 people to have a healthy trading economy and people to play with. Only a loser would play with sub 100 people. Also this server has a ton of modified items which is just stupid. Then there is the last server which has around 40 to 60 people on at a time which doesn't have mods and has great widescreen support. It has a sandbox mode which is cool. I got banned from even viewing their website for being mildly rude ingame like saying hey virgins every time I logged on. So if you wanna lose all your data you worked hard on by being mildly rude then you can play on that nerd server. For everyone with a brain stick to official Sega servers and play pso2 instead. Those third party servers are all trash. I recommend play psobb offline on your own server or the fourth server I didn't mention which is always dead but is mainly for Dreamcast pso and psopc. They never ban anyone and you save all your data locally. Ciao

I approve this thread. Why are you Outrider and etc scared of talk about private server? Sega doesn't care what happens to their game since they moved on with PSO2. And I already know they are doing a piss-poor job of moderating it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Thems the rules.

Can't really question the moderators about it when they're only upholding the rules.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The rules suck! =p
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.