Page 219 of 318 FirstFirst ... 119169209216217218219220221222229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Hard mode actually.

And lol that was just Rinze Drahda(or probably boosted Goldrahda)

I find it funny he almost got his ass kicked by a boosted Predicahda.
    And yet somehow he manages to one-shot an awakened version of a boss that would normally take 12 people to do with the help of a photon cannon. Where is our awesome feat of strength, SEGA?!?

Recent storyboard update was a step in the right direction in involving the PC but it's like we're so modest that we don't exert any power at all. We don't even get to do cool jumps like the Council

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnChronicle View Post
    And yet somehow he manages to one-shot an awakened version of a boss that would normally take 12 people to do with the help of a photon cannon. Where is our awesome feat of strength, SEGA?!?

Recent storyboard update was a step in the right direction in involving the PC but it's like we're so modest that we don't exert any power at all. We don't even get to do cool jumps like the Council
    I think the reason the Player is so boring (for lack of a better word), is because they want to avoid giving the Player character too much input and personality, because that would make it weird for players who have a specific idea of what their character is like.

I never felt like Player characters in the Online Phantasy Star games ever had many cool gimmicks or personality traits on their own, they were always more of an extension of the "partner" for that particular story arc (Vivienne, Emilia, Laia, etc.) it's just so much more apparent in PSO2, because it seems like everyone NPC and their dog has some cool power besides "Good at fighting".
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

We don't even get to do cool jumps like the Council
    Player still managed to outrun Huey anyway in the second Phaleg encounter. Still, it is disappointing that we can't do flashy Kamen Rider jumps like the Council.

Secretary Theo: Hmm, since Player is now on the same power scale as the Council, maybe we should grant Player the ability to jump high like the rest of the Council?

Commander Ulc: That's too expensive! We'll just let Matoi-san hold his/her hand while she flies. That saves more money and we're releasing a new jump skill ring later that's sorta close to what the Council can do so no biggie.

Matoi: YAY!

Player: ... ...
    And this brings to mind of this funny little clip:
    Spoiler!

Secretary Theo: Hmm, since Player is now on the same power scale as the Council, maybe we should grant Player the ability to jump high like the rest of the Council?

Commander Ulc: That's too expensive! Especially with the Xiera-types clamoring for some kind of "chassis upgrades." We'll just let Matoi-san hold his/her hand while she flies. That saves more money and we're releasing a new jump skill ring later that's sorta close to what the Council can do so no biggie.

Matoi: YAY!

Player: ... ...
    In completer detail.

Has anyone complained about the really lackluster Phaleg Vs Huey scene that everyone hyped up but eventually amounted to Phaleg getting little more than a slap on the wrist?

Was really hoping for a longer cutscene for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Has anyone complained about the really lackluster Phaleg Vs Huey scene that everyone hyped up but eventually amounted to Phaleg getting little more than a slap on the wrist?

Was really hoping for a longer cutscene for that.
    People hyped that o_O
    Man you guys hype some weird things. There has never been a good scripted fight scene in this game involving close range fighters. I mean I remember the fight between council members can be easily amounted to the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope. Just tapping at each other's swords and alot of talking.

Seeing as how Phaleg has been teasing her full power in each of her appearance so far, I'm inclined to believe that the game is saving Phaleg as a boss for a possible EX Chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Player still managed to outrun Huey anyway in the second Phaleg encounter. Still, it is disappointing that we can't do flashy Kamen Rider jumps like the Council.

And this brings to mind of this funny little clip:
    Spoiler!
    To be perfectly honest, I'd love to see that. Matoi being all excited to do something with the PC while we get all disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    People hyped that o_O
    Man you guys hype some weird things. There has never been a good scripted fight scene in this game involving close range fighters. I mean I remember the fight between council members can be easily amounted to the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope. Just tapping at each other's swords and alot of talking.
    PSU had some really good fights though .___. But yea, that makes PSO2 seriously disappointing in that regard.

PSU had some really good fights though .___. But yea, that makes PSO2 seriously disappointing in that regard.
    PSU's cutscene fights were better when compared to PSO2's cutscene fights. On its own, though?... Eeeeh, too much spinning around for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    PSU's cutscene fights were better when compared to PSO2's cutscene fights. On its own, though?... Eeeeh, too much spinning around for my tastes.
    PSU used actual prerendered video cutscenes a lot, so I guess they weren't limited by the game itself.

I still love the fight between Luke and Vader Ethan and Magashi at the end of Episode 1.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine