Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    - Pets should have, at the very least, basic customization like characters. Size, proportion, color. A few accessories. Simple stuff.
    From a technical standpoint, that would be an awful idea. More customization means more data, more data means more load, and that translates to more lag. The pets are very low poly with mostly texture details, they look awful up close but this makes sense form a design standpoint. They're just a glorified weapon. Though, I admit, the textures could be better, and having a handful of optional textures for each pet would have been nice. Still, just hope for pet camos in the future.

- Pets should be autonomous to some degree. As in, you don't need to keep telling them what to do. And I mean above pets auto spamming regular attacks.
    This is probably the biggest turnoff for me. There is no autonomy to the pet, and there is nothing for the player to do. It's like you're a standard ranged attacker, except your gun can draw aggro and break. I would much prefer something that lets you and the pet work as a team, like attacks that involve both the pet and Summoner directly. It reinforces the idea that your pet is just a weapon, rather than making you feel like it's a separate entity helping you.

- Pets should have some sense of survival. Dodge, block, something.
    Again, this just kneecaps the ability to view these pets as an entity rather than a dumb weapon.

I am using summoner and OMG 2k+ DMG multiplier is high as heck and my pets was a lvl 4 but it gets higher when I lvled them up to 22+ FUCK IM A LOW ASS LVL AND IM OP AS FUCK!!! but I'm not complaining even doe the targeting system with them is a bit odd, I was able to change their names with a hefty 500 messetas (WOH CHEAP FOR THE FIRST TIME :P) now as for the wands you can do a extremely small damage like a 1+ lmao I know they are not intended to use for close combat, I have noticed that your pet can get K.O. and it takes time to recover (better have multiple pets or your fucked) but other than that I like the class. one more thing you are able to use is gunslashers but that's just about it under what I used but gave up using it. best to use MAG to upgrade the tech and PP works pretty well even doe my mag stays hungry since I'm only using pets to kill things like crazy.....please by all means UPGRADE YOUR HP PLEASE YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DONT!!!!
    OVER THE RAINBOW UNDER THE MOON....THE CAT POPS OUT AND BUCK SHOTS AT YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AkuTenshiiZero View Post
    From a technical standpoint, that would be an awful idea. More customization means more data, more data means more load, and that translates to more lag. The pets are very low poly with mostly texture details, they look awful up close but this makes sense form a design standpoint. They're just a glorified weapon. Though, I admit, the textures could be better, and having a handful of optional textures for each pet would have been nice. Still, just hope for pet camos in the future.

This is probably the biggest turnoff for me. There is no autonomy to the pet, and there is nothing for the player to do. It's like you're a standard ranged attacker, except your gun can draw aggro and break. I would much prefer something that lets you and the pet work as a team, like attacks that involve both the pet and Summoner directly. It reinforces the idea that your pet is just a weapon, rather than making you feel like it's a separate entity helping you.

Again, this just kneecaps the ability to view these pets as an entity rather than a dumb weapon.
    I do agree with you on that note I do wish I could fight other than walk around while my pet do everything. it defeats the purpose to use attacks even doe the FUCKING STICK DO 1+ DMG witch that sucks ass sooo badly, if only we can use a subclass to back it up BUUUUUUT that's a no go :P

Quote Originally Posted by NephyrisX View Post
    Any beginner tips on how to play as a Summoner?

Also, what do I do with all the eggs I keep getting in EQs?
    swing a stick, watch your pet fight, watch your pet get beat the fuck out of, lvl up your pet, Bam your a professional summoner >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat9 View Post
    swing a stick, watch your pet fight, watch your pet get beat the fuck out of, lvl up your pet, Bam your a professional summoner >_>
    How to get your pets killed and no damage, part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    How to get your pets killed and no damage, part 2.
    lmao it do take damage BUT it don't die....Pet murderer 101 XD
    Edit: ok yeah I get what your saying now....all you have to do is.....RUN LIKE HELL D:

From a technical standpoint, that would be an awful idea.
    Surely we're at a point where a few minor customizations for player pets would not break the game?
    Well, it's SEGA so it might. They had to remove chairs from the lobby, after all.

I don't think it's going to be more lag in terms of network data.
    Send a packet telling the client that a player has a certain pet with certain visuals. Done. Only needs to be done once a quest.
    In terms of PC processing power... PSO2 is already scaled down so much compared to other games. I'm sure it could handle a few more accessories.
    Proportion is a matter of blending vert locations. Color is a matter of having a texture that supports color customization, usually defined by R, G and B channels.

There is no autonomy to the pet
    I got grabbed by a Gwanada yesterday, and my pet was like "HURRRRRRRR!!!!!!!" spamming regular attacks on whatever like a genius.

Kneecaps, entity. Good selection of words that I wish I used.

Quote Originally Posted by NephyrisX View Post
    Any beginner tips on how to play as a Summoner?

Also, what do I do with all the eggs I keep getting in EQs?
    Su/Fi, max S-ATK and get S-ATK switch and all the +damage and damage multiplier abilities.
    Make Torimu with focus on S-ATK and then spam Torimu Stab all the time. Win!
    Probably. Something like that.

Sell the eggs for a fortune if they have super personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Huh?
    Yeah, but in WoW you can tame pretty much any creature. That's a lot more variation than 3 pets.
    Though to be fair, if I recall correctly, a lot of them share the same few abilities. Still more fun, though.

The dog thing was about how each living creature is unique and can't be easily replaced.
    The PSO2 pets don't feel like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    Someone actually likes summoner? Not a single person on my team likes this class. We're all running VHAQs just to get it over with and to never touch it again.
    Got some JP friends who find it interesting/fun. More than they expected, anyway.
    I don't hate it, but I don't like it. If anything, I like it in terms of my character + "animal".
    Also have JP friends who complained they should have used Mags instead, and that Summoner pets are essentially weapons.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 2, 2016 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Got some JP friends who find it interesting/fun. More than they expected, anyway.
    I don't hate it, but I don't like it. If anything, I like it in terms of my character + "animal".
    Also have JP friends who complained they should have used Mags instead, and that Summoner pets are essentially weapons.
    Well, at least someone does. I find it pretty boring. I guess I just don't like the idea of literally standing there watching our pets fly around nuking everything. Even Sally who is suppose to be the weakest damage dealer of the pets drops 20k+ payloads on enemies with Sally Plode. I can't really get use to the terrible homing of Sally Chaser though. It's like a even worse Il Megid. Then we have Sally Territory that is literally keep holding the PA button and after 5 seconds it starts hitting like a truck. Good for bosses that barely move.

Granted I guess it really isn't any different from us just spamming PAs. Instead now its us waving around sticks while we spam pet attacks and watch the world burn during PSEs. 14 levels to go before I don't have to touch it anymore. Too bad while I'm at work the next 2 days everyone in my team that is leveling it currently will probably cap it. lol

That said our pets aren't even optimized. Pets are more than capable of being walking masses of destruction but I don't know anyone that really wants to put the effort into it. Looking at some of the 13* candy etc. Summoner/Braver seems to be a very reliable class setup.. and getting 13* pets and actually maxing their element. I'd love to see what their true damage potential is but it won't be me that does it.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Feb 2, 2016 at 05:46 AM.

Sari feels the least like I'm actually hitting anything. I like the effect of the purple sphere when it "powers up" and solidifies, but that's about it.
    I like the mechanics of setting up for the 5 second Torimu Spiral charge for 999999 damage.
    But it's not great, because the pet won't face the target when it spawns, and often misses.
    Or gets killed during the charge.

Most of my teammates are either using Torimu or the dog. Torimu is extremely strong from what I've seen at higher levels. It's single target abilities will often kill a group before my Sally can. I just use the Sally because she(he?) is a 12*.

Also I hate birds. xD

Game keeps giving me 10*+ Sally but only 7/8* of the others.

Also if your pet is getting bodied there is a 3* candy that gives 100 s-def. We used them as there really is no way atm to fill your box full of only high end stuff due to the limits. You can only fit 2 13* candies. A few 11/12*s. etc Unsure about your ship but on ship 9 the price of that 3* candy was 200k, now 100k. Might be less soon as everyone starts selling it.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Feb 2, 2016 at 06:22 AM.